brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Patriots/Bills Game

guys I'm getting a little bit scared here. I was originally gonna go big on a pats/steelers teaser but I dunno now

the pats defense looked terrible last week and I believe they're dealing with some injuries (pat chung, I think Al Haynesworth is a bit banged up). The bills offense has looked fantastic so far...even if you want to say that the kansas city defense is terrible, I would argue that the raiders defense could finish at a higher rank than the pats defense

Could this be the first time since 2003 that the pats actually lose to the bills??? The pats seem to have one of these shocking losses every year. I'm starting to think that the bills losing by 14+ points is much less likely than the pats losing SU

somebody please tell me there is no chance in hell of Buffalo winning this game

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

bills cover atleast methinks

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

this could be one of those games where you over value the bills and forget that tom brady plays on the patriots. I think the patriots win by 40 here.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Belichik won't take his foot off the gas like Oakland did last week, your New England part of that teaser looks solid but I don't like the Steelers in that spot.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    this could be one of those games where you over value the bills and forget that tom brady plays on the patriots. I think the patriots win by 40 here.

yea but tom brady doesn't play defense

the pats defense is a mess right now, if it wasn't for all the bad turnovers by san diego last week, they would have scored 28-35 points in that game

I'm a total believer in the bills system, I think you will see them scoring a lot of points this year (especially with that stud RB they got gaining yards like crazy). This is a bad matchup for the pats defensively because decent QBs can slice and dice thru this defense with no problems (as long as they hold on to the ball). The only thing that gives you a bit of comfort as a pats fan is the bills defense looked atrocious against Oakland and Tom Brady may put up 40-50 points in this game

I think I'm just gonna tease the over in this one, there's just no chance in hell this game doesn't have at least 60 points

FindTheLock

I am def not a pats fan. I hate them as a fan, but they are over covering machines so as a gambler they are alright in my book.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I think you are onto something dwayne
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 09-22-11 at 11:39 PM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    yea but tom brady doesn't play defense

the pats defense is a mess right now, if it wasn't for all the bad turnovers by san diego last week, they would have scored 28-35 points in that game
    I'm a total believer in the bills system, I think you will see them scoring a lot of points this year (especially with that stud RB they got gaining yards like crazy). This is a bad matchup for the pats defensively because decent QBs can slice and dice thru this defense with no problems (as long as they hold on to the ball).
    I think I'm just gonna tease the over in this one, there's just no chance in hell this game doesn't have at least 60 points
    Einstein, the best defense is a good offense. Don't play the if game with the Chargers turnovers last week. That's like saying if your mom hadn't gotten knocked up by Forest Gump her son wouldn't be a retard. This game could easily go under 60 if Pats decide to grind it out with running game and ball control passes. New England's only defensive weakness is the same as it has been for the past handful of seasons; getting stops on 3rd downs. I'll consider Buffalo a real team when they beat a real team. KC and Oak are semi-pro at best.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Einstein, the best defense is a good offense. Don't play the if game with the Chargers turnovers last week. That's like saying if your mom hadn't gotten knocked up by Forest Gump her son wouldn't be a retard. This game could easily go under 60 if Pats decide to grind it out with running game and ball control passes. New England's only defensive weakness is the same as it has been for the past handful of seasons; getting stops on 3rd downs. I'll consider Buffalo a real team when they beat a real team. KC and Oak are semi-pro at best.

Oakland's defensive stats last year = much better than Pats defensive stats. Even this year, Oakland has given up about 100 yards less a game than New England

I would gladly take Oakland's defensive line over the pats defensive line, the rest of the defense is about the same quality

again I want to believe that the pats win big but they lost in a shocker last year @ Cleveland because their defenses got annihilated, is it so far fetched to believe the same thing happening here?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Oakland's defensive stats last year = much better than Pats defensive stats. Even this year, Oakland has given up about 100 yards less a game than New England

I would gladly take Oakland's defensive line over the pats defensive line, the rest of the defense is about the same quality

again I want to believe that the pats win big but they lost in a shocker last year @ Cleveland because their defenses got annihilated, is it so far fetched to believe the same thing happening here?
    The loss last season wasn't a major shock to those who follow Pats. Mangini knows Pats system well enough to keep a team close and all week prior to game Bill said their practices were horrible. Was that the last game Pats lost until playoffs?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The loss last season wasn't a major shock to those who follow Pats. Mangini knows Pats system well enough to keep a team close and all week prior to game Bill said their practices were horrible. Was that the last game Pats lost until playoffs?

so you really think the pats defense will have an answer for the bills offense??

can they force turnovers again like they did against Buffalo last year???

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'm staying away from this one. I think Pats win but their weak defense is no guarantee of a cover.

FindTheLock

Here's the scores from when these 2 teams have played from previous seasons. Patriots won all the games from the past 5 seasons.

2010 season W 34 - 3 W 38 - 30 2009 season W 25 - 24 W 17 - 10 2008 season W 20 - 10 W 13 - 0 2007 season W 38 - 7 W 56 - 10 2006 season W 19 - 17 W 28 - 6

When you do the research it seems the pats blow the bills out in buffalo more often than at home for some reason, but it is worth mentioning the bills have not won in the last 5 years.

out of the past 10 games between these 2 teams the pats have covered -9 points 60 percent of the time, but are more likely to do it on the road for some reason and are 4-1 covering -9 points 80 percent of the time @ buffalo.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 09-23-11 at 12:23 AM.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Jesus christ, I've already explained this to you. Stop fukking looking at yards when evaluating a defense. Yards don't tell the whole story. Belichick believes in allowing the short passing game and taking advantage of mistakes against high powered passing offenses. He's done this for years against the Colts, Chargers, whoever. He's used it with good defenses and bad, its his strategy. Saying the turnovers were lucky is ridiculous, other than the Tolbert fumble. Also, you're ignoring that Gates was completely taken out of the game, which was goal #1 for the Pats. Did he even have a catch?

If the Bills can attack the Pats safeties, they will put up some points. Chung is out I believe, after thumb surgery, so the Pats are throwing 2 weak safeties out there. Don't be surprised if you see Leigh Bodden play safety in this game, to try to keep more talent on the field. Also don't be surprised if the Pats do a lot of ball control offense rather than the hurry up. They'll definitely speed it up at the beginning of the game to try to get an early lead, but if the D isn't holding up, expect lots of runs/short passes.

No one should bet this game til the official injury report comes out... if Ras-I Dowling cant play, the Pats may be in trouble. Stevie Johnson's status/health is just as important for the Bills

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

cantbet on the bills here b/c the line dropped too much already. when they opened the line you could have grabbed bills 10.5? or 9.5 at the very worst and since then it's dropped 2.5 pts at least. also, the total has had a lot of movement downwards and back to it's original #, so when I see this I tend to favor the less popular side and go with the under. if brahma likes the over then it cant possibly be a good thing considering this guy is the tiger woods of square betting

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    cantbet on the bills here b/c the line dropped too much already. when they opened the line you could have grabbed bills 10.5? or 9.5 at the very worst and since then it's dropped 2.5 pts at least. also, the total has had a lot of movement downwards and back to it's original #, so when I see this I tend to favor the less popular side and go with the under. if brahma likes the over then it cant possibly be a good thing considering this guy is the tiger woods of square betting

the patriots are 16-3 on the OVER last 2 seasons including the playoffs and you want to lean on the under???

dontbuythehook

the patriots are 16-3 on the OVER last 2 seasons including the playoffs and you want to lean on the under???

have you ever wondered if you are the only one who thinks about NFL the way you do? You aren't alone brahma and vegas/off shore online books are all rich because of people like you who view the most readily available/misleading stats that are there for your picking. you are betting this over for all of the wrong reasons and you think everyone else is a fool. I already put in all my bets for sunday so my account is tapped, but if this were an afternoon game I would take what I will win off minny and hammer the under here happily simply b/c you are on the over for the some of the dumber reasons I've seen this week

brahmabull117

have you ever wondered if you are the only one who thinks about NFL the way you do? You aren't alone brahma and vegas/off shore online books are all rich because of people like you who view the most readily available/misleading stats that are there for your picking. you are betting this over for all of the wrong reasons and you think everyone else is a fool. I already put in all my bets for sunday so my account is tapped, but if this were an afternoon game I would take what I will win off minny and hammer the under here happily simply b/c you are on the over for the some of the dumber reasons I've seen this week

There were tons of so called "sharps" like you last year who were saying the same crap about patriot Overs, and they just keep covering and covering and covering and covering. You ride a scorching hot streak like this until it shows signs of slowing down... betting common sense 101

and there's a reason the pats keep covering, their offense is red hot and their defense is still shaky. That's why this team is OVER gold

dontbuythehook

There were tons of so called "sharps" like you last year who were saying the same crap about patriot Overs, and they just keep covering and covering and covering and covering. You ride a scorching hot streak like this until it shows signs of slowing down... betting common sense 101

and there's a reason the pats keep covering, their offense is red hot and their defense is still shaky. That's why this team is OVER gold
    pats covering and pats covering an OVER are two unrelated things. But, I'll leave this one alone I just wanted to entertain myself tonight so I made an account to troll a bit. Brahma, best of luck

brahmabull117

pats covering and pats covering an OVER are two unrelated things. But, I'll leave this one alone I just wanted to entertain myself tonight so I made an account to troll a bit. Brahma, best of luck

pats overs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pats covering spreads

FindTheLock

pats overs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pats covering spreads
    not against the bills for the past 5 years.

iwanttowin
    iwanttowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

over. easy play.

brahmabull117

not against the bills for the past 5 years.

agreed but the pats had a much better defense in 2009 and before

that game against buffalo late last year should have went way way over the line, new england scored 34 but the bills were nearly shutout despite getting a bunch of yards because they turned it over 7 times

FindTheLock

agreed but the pats had a much better defense in 2009 and before

that game against buffalo late last year should have went way way over the line, new england scored 34 but the bills were nearly shutout despite getting a bunch of yards because they turned it over 7 times
    that is why they are the bills and not the patriots.

brahmabull117

that is why they are the bills and not the patriots.

yea but that's a fluke game

the point is that these 2 teams could play a 100 games and the average score would be something like 35-28, which would tell you that the over would be covered at a massively high percentage

FindTheLock

the point is that these 2 teams could play a 100 games and the average score would be something like 35-28, which would tell you that the over would be covered at a massively high percentage
    well the past 5 years suggest otherwise. The under would have cashed around 80 percent of the time between these two teams if the total was set at 50. Patriots totals are rarely that low.

dontbuythehook

Sorry but I can't let this go, you're too much fun! How on earth did you derive 35-28 as the average score? Did you just look at the current line and magically assume that because you post one -170 winner out of dozens that you are entitled to make this shit up? Brahma I would be shocked if your parents weren't on the same wavelength of stupidity as u are

brahmabull117

Sorry but I can't let this go, you're too much fun! How on earth did you derive 35-28 as the average score? Did you just look at the current line and magically assume that because you post one -170 winner out of dozens that you are entitled to make this shit up? Brahma I would be shocked if your parents weren't on the same wavelength of stupidity as u are

are you fukking retarded??

Do u understand the concept that the patriots have the best offense in the league with a very average defense?? They averaged about 33 points per game last year and they're gonna average about that same amount this year. They gave up about 22 points per game last year, they're giving up about 23 points per game this year and they figure to be in that 20-23 mark again. The bills are a good offensive team with a bad defense playing at home. Do the math here, it's quite simple

and 35-28 is an estimation, it could be 37-27, or 38-31, or 31-28. In any case, the pats cover the total on the over at a very very high percentage

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You scared, Dwayne?

Racks on Racks
    Racks on Racks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

I see this going over. This is a new Bills team and Pats will come out gunning.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I was 10 when my dad told me not to lay more than a TD in a division game, especially on the road.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Even with an over line of 60, this is going over. Although I got it early when it was 50. And have it in a teaser at like 37 or something like that.

Both of these teams can score and neither one is really adept at stopping anyone. Bills didn't stop the Raiders in the second half, Raiders tried sitting on the lead and by the time they realized uh oh, better score some points, the crowd was way into it and the Raiders had lost their momentum. Plus the Raiders have no passing attack.

I put the over/under on total touchdowns scored in this game at 8.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Eagles @ home against the NYG would be a better game to tease and/or play on the spread IMO. Pats should win though. BOL

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

It be more like 41-10 or maybe some crap weather with rain will come and make it 27-13.

You never know. Weird shit happens in Buffalo.

12 Last