Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Is SD -14.5 Free Money?

I can't remember a team that looks as bad as KC does right now. They lost there best defensive and offensive players for the year already. They are 0-2 and look like one of the worst teams ever. Is this a trap or do you guys think they are really this bad. 14.5 is a huge number as we all know but this game could be one of those 45-7 type games.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

No such thing as free money.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

money maybe but its not even close to free as youre giving up more than 2 touchdowns.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

KC should be able to score 9 or 10 points, making that spread really almost a 24 points win margin. You will have to believe the Chargers can win by 24 points without any certainty, to call it a lock.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    KC should be able to score 9 or 10 points, making that spread really almost a 24 points win margin. You will have to believe the Chargers can win by 24 points without any certainty, to call it a lock.

I don't know how you can call that a certainty that KC should be able to score 9 or 10 points

San Diego's defense is extremely dominant and KC's offense has looked terrible so far. They were shutout last year 31-0 in San Diego (in a game without Matt Cassell but I'm not even sure if KC's backups could play worse than cassell is playing)

the problem is that San Diego is just a very unpredictable team at times. They should have won week 1 by 20+ points and still failed due to shooting themselves in the foot

That's why I just don't know. I mean if you want to look at a free money proposition, look at the steelers in the night game against the colts. Even the biggest anti public "sharps" like Billy Walters have the steelers winning by 20-30

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Free money? You will learn soon.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by imp4pdabest View Post
    Free money? You will learn soon.

I think OKst as 13.5 point favorites earlier this year at Tulsa was the closest thing to free money you'll ever see in gambling

Those 2 teams could play a 100 times and OKst would cover that spread about 90% of the time

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I think OKst as 13.5 point favorites earlier this year at Tulsa was the closest thing to free money you'll ever see in gambling

Those 2 teams could play a 100 times and OKst would cover that spread about 90% of the time
    There's just no such thing as free $ in sports betting, period. They may win 90% of that time, but that 10% can & will definitely hit sooner or later. That 10% just may hit when someone thinking 'free money' decides to play it.

(Not trying to be a d!ck towards you like 90% of other SBR members are towards you because we're cool)
    Even the other day when you played the Brewers & Yankees games because they seemed like they were basically "free money" we seen how those games even turned out. There's just no such thing as free money in any sport.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I dare everyone to take the Chargers in a pleaser.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    No such thing as free money.
    Was going to say the same thing

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah the Chargers should easily be able to put up 30+ points. Assuming they score 34 points, do you really think the Chiefs can score 20? This game looks like a 34-7 type of game. A pleaser may be the play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Please stop with free money threads

nothing is free

CK
    CK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

While this should win, I could totally see SD not taking it seriously, it being more competitive than you think, and SD eeking out a 7-10pt win.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    While this should win, I could totally see SD not taking it seriously, it being more competitive than you think, and SD eeking out a 7-10pt win.
    This is the NFL. To say that a team will not take a game seriously in week 3 is absurd...

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

the NFL is way too hard too predict week to week........ nothing is easy

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

too many points young buck

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

JJ, I'm still a rookie but you are wrong in saying that there is no free money.

Free money? You want free money? Bet your entire bank on San Diego moneyline. Sure you won't get a large return. But THAT is free money.

Ain't nuthin' free at even money. But there is PLENTY of free money betting the moneylines of heavy favorites. Sure it's like an 8% return on your money. Wall St types pull their frickin hair out to earn 8%. And you are getting it practically risk free. Parlay the Chargers and Steelers moneyline for a slightly better return. Even then, it's a low return. But that is what you call free money. And it's the ONLY free money out there.

Make that bet and if you win (which is HIGHLY likely) then you use the house's money to make all your other "normal" bets.

We always talk about value. Last I checked the chargers moneyline was -1100 that's a 9% return. That essentially means that the Chargers lose this game 9 times out of a 100. So ask yourself; if this game was played 100 times, do the Chargers lose 9 or more? If you say no, this bet has +expectation value.

For the record, Whatifsports has Chargers winning this game 86.4% of the time. Can't really agree with that, that's WAY low.

boneheaded1

I guess the question is. Do you feel comfortable betting $1K to win $90.91.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    I guess the question is. Do you feel comfortable betting $1K to win $90.91.
    Comfortable about what? The amount you have to lay is irrelevant as the game isn't losing. Lay as much as you want as the outcome only generates positive money flow.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

check a game in 2008, SD won 20-19 with -14.5 line at home.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

definitely think KC can get a backdoor cover, SD will look ahead and just try and win the game. i wouldn't mind winnning by the hook on this one. plus vegas could probably rig this one if they wanted to.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

you guys don't watch a lot of NFL games to think that the chiefs have no chance. The year the dolphins went 1-15 the only team they beat was the nearly undefeated patriots who at the time was in first place and had one of the best records in football. The chargers are notorious choke artists too. If any team can lose to the Chiefs, it is the chargers.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

See: Special Teams. The Vikings had them close in week 1 at that was a 9-10 pt spread. SD took the knee. This game is FAR from free money.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

JJ, I'm still a rookie but you are wrong in saying that there is no free money.

Free money? You want free money? Bet your entire bank on San Diego moneyline. Sure you won't get a large return. But THAT is free money.

Ain't nuthin' free at even money. But there is PLENTY of free money betting the moneylines of heavy favorites. Sure it's like an 8% return on your money. Wall St types pull their frickin hair out to earn 8%. And you are getting it practically risk free. Parlay the Chargers and Steelers moneyline for a slightly better return. Even then, it's a low return. But that is what you call free money. And it's the ONLY free money out there.

Make that bet and if you win (which is HIGHLY likely) then you use the house's money to make all your other "normal" bets.

We always talk about value. Last I checked the chargers moneyline was -1100 that's a 9% return. That essentially means that the Chargers lose this game 9 times out of a 100. So ask yourself; if this game was played 100 times, do the Chargers lose 9 or more? If you say no, this bet has +expectation value.

For the record, Whatifsports has Chargers winning this game 86.4% of the time. Can't really agree with that, that's WAY low.
    Free Money was Steelers last week at only -800.

I don't feel as confident in the Chargers.

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    you guys don't watch a lot of NFL games to think that the chiefs have no chance. The year the dolphins went 1-15 the only team they beat was the nearly undefeated patriots who at the time was in first place and had one of the best records in football. The chargers are notorious choke artists too. If any team can lose to the Chiefs, it is the chargers.
    I think they beat the Ravens

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

yes, its free money, push all in, bet the kids college fund on this one.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Chiefs and the points it is.

This is the NFL, 14.5 pts is too much for anyone. They're all pros and pay the same $120 some million (or at least the 90% minimum requirement of the cap). The margin of difference between the top and bottom teams is very small.

Especially since the Chiefs won that division and were a playoff team last year sir...and now their backs are against the wall.

brahmabull117

I just don't understand how anybody can take the chiefs in this one

their secondary has looked absolutely horrible without Eric Berry and now they face one of the best quarterbacks in the league. On the offensive side of the ball, they face a defense that they scored a combined 16 points against in 2 games last year

If the chargers play up to their capacity, they will win this game by 50 points. And making the chargers/vikings comparison to this game is kind of silly. The vikings have a respectable defense, the chiefs have the worst defense in the league

This has to be chargers or no play. I understand the people saying no play because I don't trust san diego either. They have had a lot of games in the past where they dominated opponents on offense and defense but did not win comfortably (or did not win at all) because they shot themselves in the foot with mistakes, but how you can you take a team with the hopes that the opponent will beat themselves???

this is pretty much the same game as san diego/kansas city last year (where everything pointed to a big chargers victory with a huge line) and the chargers won 31-0 last year

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Have some fun with it...

Here's a pleaser for ya:

SD -20.5
    Pitt -16.5
    Det -9

Thank me Monday.

boneheaded1

Lock don't tell me I don't watch enough football. I know what can happen. As a matter of fact, last year, San Diego of all teams, who were HUGE favorites over Cincy, screwed the pooch and lost. It was a thursday night game if i remember correctly. My total bank at the time was $1,200 (started with $100 and got that far with heavy favorite moneyline bets all season long; college and NFL). I put $700 down on the Chargers moneyline. And got frickin bent over. The game even had playoff implications for the Chargers and they still screwed that pooch.

Yeah KC has a chance. An EXTREMELY SLIM one. The Chargers will have everything they need to beat KC on the field. KC will be missing more than a few players that are absolutely necessary to beat the Chargers. Even when fully healthy KC's chances in this game are less than 10%.

And yes, I'm going on record. The Chargers and the Steelers moneyline bets are the closest thing to FREE money you'll find out there (with the exception of finding money in the street). Were the Chargers coming off a winning game or on a win streak, I'd give KC a bigger chance, Chargers are famous for choking on games like this but they are coming off a loss and looking to build momentem.

KC's chances are 3% at best.

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

san diego tends to suck ass early in the season

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

chargers have a hard time blowing out teams they should, they can't be trusted early on

Pass

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I like them @ -5 in my 10pt teaser...obv. should be an easy win for the Chargers but not sure If I have ever bet a -15 spread on an NFL game on don't plan on it anytime soon...I have SD, NE & the over on a 10pt teaser that I am pretty confident in

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Lock don't tell me I don't watch enough football. I know what can happen. As a matter of fact, last year, San Diego of all teams, who were HUGE favorites over Cincy, screwed the pooch and lost. It was a thursday night game if i remember correctly. My total bank at the time was $1,200 (started with $100 and got that far with heavy favorite moneyline bets all season long; college and NFL). I put $700 down on the Chargers moneyline. And got frickin bent over. The game even had playoff implications for the Chargers and they still screwed that pooch.

Yeah KC has a chance. An EXTREMELY SLIM one. The Chargers will have everything they need to beat KC on the field. KC will be missing more than a few players that are absolutely necessary to beat the Chargers. Even when fully healthy KC's chances in this game are less than 10%.

And yes, I'm going on record. The Chargers and the Steelers moneyline bets are the closest thing to FREE money you'll find out there (with the exception of finding money in the street). Were the Chargers coming off a winning game or on a win streak, I'd give KC a bigger chance, Chargers are famous for choking on games like this but they are coming off a loss and looking to build momentem.

KC's chances are 3% at best.

I assume you're talking about straight up.

The thread was asking about the 14.5 pt spread on the game.

123 Last