k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    It's because the Vikings have beaten the Lions 13 times in a row at Minnesota. That's why Detroit is such a great play here; tremendous value on a team that should be favored by 6 or 7 in this game. Detroit doesn't come into this game big headed because Minnesota has been kicking their asses for so long. This team is all about knocking down walls and proving people wrong and a crappy Minnesota team is in the way. Detroit wins this game EASY IMO, -3 is to good to pass up on this team.
    This line was +2 Detroit last week, how is it value now?

favored by 7? are you serious?

The value is on minny and the sharps know it thus the line keeps going down and down.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

The value is on minny and the sharps know it thus the line keeps going down and down.
    the public hasn't even started to hit this line yet. The joe's will come out in full force and pound the lions, and don't be surprised if by the time Sunday rolls around the lions are laying 4.5 or 5. Maybe I am wrong, but i doubt the public will bet on the vikings after they only scored 3 points in the second half so far this season. 0 points in 2H against the chargers and 3 against the bucs. If the vikings are going to cover they will need to hold a sizable lead at HT based on those numbers.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19223

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I found 3 dimes in my pocket this morning. Can you double up your bet lakerboy?

Attachment 32683
    I think this thread is too serious, Pavy, both our jokes went unnoticed(and maybe rightfully so).

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can the Vikings stop megatron?

can the Vikings play 4 quarters?

Which McNabb will show up?

how hurt is Matthew Stafford? He looked hurt at the end of last game.

Lions will be without Nick Fairley... playing on the road... remember guys they haven't beaten anyone good so far this season. Joe the public is very high on the Lions right now b/c of the 48-3 result. Remember that fellas.

But is Vikings +3 a lock? I mean a real lock? if so i'm going all motherfuking in baby

Ice House

what gets me is ... the vikings collapse last week. actually they have been winning both games they have played and then blew a second half lead.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

On a neutral field Detroit should be favored by 8-10 points over Minny, so yes, this line offers great value for Detroit. It's not even close, Detroit has more explosive players on offense and defense compared to Minny. Keep on betting on bad football teams that won't make the playoffs and see how far that gets you. Sharps/squares, I don't care who is on who, Minny doesn't pass the eye test and Detroit clearly does.
    Last edited by Stevedore; 09-20-11 at 05:25 PM.

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Holy sh1t... 32k posts.

Woah.

= no job, no friends, no life......and sure as hell isn't putting 3k down on the Vikings
    And for crying out loud buddy...spend sometime with your family

Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Vortexx00 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 7secondsOrLess, and pavyracer

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

guaranteed if he loses he will def be back and next play will be 100x at least (air) all he does it chase wouldnt have made this thread if he didnt lose all the other threads last sunday

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakerboy it hope u win but sharp play and winning play arent always the same.

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

Hey LB good luck, really hope you dont lose!!! You are a really good capper and its unfortunate if you dont come back

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by chankng View Post
    Hey LB good luck, really hope you dont lose!!! You are a really good capper and its unfortunate if you dont come back
    Thanks chankng. I think I will survive.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

This is a joke.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

hope this play hits dont want you to leave, nba season tailing you is cash!!!

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Detroit should probably be favored in this game but I don't know if I would take Detroit giving away points. Minny still isn't terrible...I'd really be careful on this one. I do think Detroit squeaks out a close one.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cannot believe you are bettng big on McScrub...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Cannot believe you are bettng big on McScrub...
    I dont single out certain players. I never let bias get in my way. McNabb is old but he can still produce a good game anytime. Experience is huge.

davidx191
    davidx191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

This is the lock of the week. I am betting big on the Vikings ML. Lions will simply lose steam after peaking so early in the season, they simply don't have the winning culture yet to continue this dominance at a divisional rival's house.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

The lockout didn't give Mcnabb a whole lot of time to learn the offense, or develop chemistry. He should have it by week 3. I'm waiting until game day to decide whether or not I want to pound the moneyline.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings win this game..they haven't lost to Detroit it home in a long long time..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just remember Lakerboy and most others do not have great records
    Proceed with caution

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

LB is phenomenal in hoops wagering. Not quite sure about his NFL plays yet as this is the first season I've paid any attention to it.

Either way, GO LB!

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Detroit havent won on vikings homegrounds since '93 but I am going to bet the other side here buddy. Detroit will begin a new ERA

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Why are you people not riding the wave? I am 6-0 with the lions now betting 20 units and keying them on parlays.
    Minni will not score first in this game and will be lucky to score at all.

I will take all points bets that lakerboy is only a boy and will not leave here. Why this happens amazes me but confident enough to give you 50 to 1. I have 5K to cover my butt so firsts to send 100 gets the bet.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Why are you people not riding the wave? I am 6-0 with the lions now betting 20 units and keying them on parlays.
    Minni will not score first in this game and will be lucky to score at all.

I will take all points bets that lakerboy is only a boy and will not leave here. Why this happens amazes me but confident enough to give you 50 to 1. I have 5K to cover my butt so firsts to send 100 gets the bet.

Dont lose all of your points at once.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gimpy

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Just remember Lakerboy and most others do not have great records
    Proceed with caution

Lakerboy does have a great record! what is your record old timer?

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Lakerboy, I could not agree more with this pick.

I may have a personal vendetta against the Lions, but I faded them Week 1 and 2. Told a buddy of mine I'll keep fading them because Stafford is not an 'elite' QB. Best is an average RB. Beside Calvin, their offense stinks.

Their defense is overrated and Peterson will run all over them.

It is a GREAT play imo. Do not quit if you lose. But, ride em like there's no tomorrow babbyy

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The Lions can't run and Minny is good against the run. If they move the ball on the Vikings it will have to be by air. Detroit can't stop the run and Minny is has a strong ground game. If Detroit hopes to slow down Minny they will have to force Minny to pass.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Lakerboy, I could not agree more with this pick.

I may have a personal vendetta against the Lions, but I faded them Week 1 and 2. Told a buddy of mine I'll keep fading them because Stafford is not an 'elite' QB. Best is an average RB. Beside Calvin, their offense stinks.

Their defense is overrated and Peterson will run all over them.

It is a GREAT play imo. Do not quit if you lose. But, ride em like there's no tomorrow babbyy

Its the personal vendetta...its definitely not stats....or reality! Stafford is growing up....13 tds-3 picks in his last 5 games (3 from last year and 2 this year). He went for 305/3 tds in Tampa in week 1 on the road. Tampa won 10 games last year so they're not bad. McNabb is washed up and they let their best WR go in Sidney Rice. AP will see 8 in the box all day long. Minny needs this one more but I don't see Detroit looking past them...ala Baltimore last week.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    I agree

the people who use reasoning like this always lose in betting

team A beat team B and team B beat team C, so team A should beat team C

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The Lions can't run and Minny is good against the run. If they move the ball on the Vikings it will have to be by air. Detroit can't stop the run and Minny is has a strong ground game. If Detroit hopes to slow down Minny they will have to force Minny to pass.
    Yea, Lagerrette Blount and the KC RB's just ran circles around them huh?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

the lions weakness is in their secondary not on their D line. Their run defense is the staple of their team right now, and one of their best run stoppers hasn't even played yet. That's a scary thought.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL why is this thread still going? Just another airbet by a guy with 32k posts The bet will lose and he'll be back the next day

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Yea, Lagerrette Blount and the KC RB's just ran circles around them huh?
    adrian peterson is nasty as hell. he is no lagerrette blount.

lakerboy

McNabbs career is on the line here. He must come up with the goods or he might be done for good. He has to respond to what the skins are doing without him. I fully expect him to have a good game. It might start off tough but as the game goes on i think he will produce the goods. AP has always owned the lions. Those things dont change.

First ... 2345678 ... Last