William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    thread is more useless than the fkn locks threads
    When you grow up, marry, and have children..............you'll understand.

Video kicked my ass.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I watched all of it. Teared up the whole time. Thought of my 3 little kids and how they hug me everyday when I get home from work... and will definitely be giving them all extra huge hugs when I get home from work today. Couldn't imagine not seeing them for as long as these soldiers. Nothing but respect for em' all.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Teared up. Those poor kids didn't choose this lifestyle.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    When you grow up, marry, and have children..............you'll understand.
    Video kicked my ass.
    Watched it again. Cried again.

I really think it's the pure, unadulterated joy that those kiddos are feeling that gets to me. It's certainly not a sad video, in fact it's a happy one.

When something is able to move you the way this video does, you know you're seeing something special.

Thanks again for sharing this, biggamer.
    Last edited by opie1988; 09-09-11 at 03:07 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

All the stupid little cards and PowerPoint briefings....questions comments concerns?

Most of the kids we had in our sector in Iraq were pretty cool...annoying because they'd come up an start singing Jay Z songs and asking for shitt....we set up little obstacle courses with plywood and barrels for them and had to handout toothbrushes to some......Afghan kids another story...those kids even at 11 years old would fall over when we came through or be laying down and try to stab guys through the IBA.....weirdos.
    I had to go to all the classes cause i was the smartest guy in my infantry unit. I learned basic Arabic in 2 months .... they delayed our deployment for 6 months and i forgot it all.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Im sorry i don't cry for people returning home from something they choose to do

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    Im sorry i don't cry for people returning home from something they choose to do
    Thats like saying if you walk across the street and get hit by a car and die, im not going to feel bad because it was your choice to walk across the street.

what if the next generation is filled with people who do not go into the military and everybodys children are forced into a draft. Then people like you can sit at home worried to death while your children are off in a foreign land hoping to survive. You will fear every unexpected knock at your door .. wondering if its going to be the one that tells you you will never see a loved one again. Is that how you think things should be ?

Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, France, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Malta, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the United State are the only countries without conscription. That means that everywhere else in the world requires people to serve.

How about instead of trying to be a smug asshole on the internet, you appreciate the life that you have, and the fact that there are men and women who are brave enough to serve so that you and your family doesn't have to.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

i didnt tear up .. but to be fair, i was trying very hard not to and was trying to tell myself it wasnt real. lol seriously

-stash

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Tears were rolling down my cheeks, pal. Watching those kids.....wow. That right there is what its all about.

Please let me know what points you owe to those who didn't tear up, I'd like to split them with you.
    kindness gets rewarded

biggamer3

FWIW i gave the points to all who chimed in that they were tearless, I trust the SBR to be truthful in the most part

biggamer3

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Where are my points pal?
    look back, gave you on the first one

good weekend to all!

biggamer3

Quote Originally Posted by OneTipster View Post
    Give me 10 points becuse I watched it. :evil:

no tears here.
    says you cant receive points, not sure why

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Thats like saying if you walk across the street and get hit by a car and die, im not going to feel bad because it was your choice to walk across the street.
    I highly doubt you are going to cry if someone in [insert random US city here] dies today.

People in the military sign up for it. Am I glad they do? well sure.

If I didn't have farmers Id have to grow my own food. If I didn't have garbage men I'd have to take trash to the dump. Just because someone is in the Armed forces doesnt make them a hero. heroes are everywhere whether it be a garbageman or the President.

i consider someone doing the right thing at the right time a hero...
    being there for a person in need, working double shifts to support your family, serving your country, and/or anything else

..and I guarantee you if you have children, you are a hero.

RudyRuetigger

Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, France, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Malta, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the United State are the only countries without conscription. That means that everywhere else in the world requires people to serve.
    Maybe if everyone here served people could learn discipline, honor and respect because that seems to be missing anyway

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

been there done that got that tee shirt. i usually dont tear up over others. only if it is my family or friends
    thanks for the points

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

no tears
    these men made their choice
    everyone save in the video
    give me 10 pts pal, thanks
    fkn stiff....gtfo with useless threads like this one pal
    thread is more useless than the fkn locks threads
    Are you hard up for points or what?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Watched it again. Cried again.

I really think it's the pure, unadulterated joy that those kiddos are feeling that gets to me. It's certainly not a sad video, in fact it's a happy one.

When something is able to move you the way this video does, you know you're seeing something special.

Thanks again for sharing this, biggamer.

Once again, opie gets it.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

I highly doubt you are going to cry if someone in [insert random US city here] dies today.

People in the military sign up for it. Am I glad they do? well sure.

If I didn't have farmers Id have to grow my own food. If I didn't have garbage men I'd have to take trash to the dump. Just because someone is in the Armed forces doesnt make them a hero. heroes are everywhere whether it be a garbageman or the President.

i consider someone doing the right thing at the right time a hero...
    being there for a person in need, working double shifts to support your family, serving your country, and/or anything else

..and I guarantee you if you have children, you are a hero.

I dont believe in heros. Im not sure how you you can say the garbage man is a hero and the troops arent.

As for somebody dying, if they posted a video on here about someone who was hit by a car, i would feel bad. I read some stories on here about guys going broke gambling, i feel bad. i have compassion for other human beings. Most people here would laugh at somebody who lost all their life savings gambling saying it was their fault... which it is ... but that doesnt mean we shouldnt care that another human being is facing a very hard road ahead.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Are you hard up for points or what?

LOL He posted 7 minutes after the video was posted .... the video is 10 minutes long ....

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

the little girl with santa with her dad got me.
    Points Awarded:

hardball gave bill2266 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

biggamer3

Just saw that nosniboR11 gave me 50 pts for this thread, thats real nice. On the Pay it Forward theory that will go to someone else soon, this site has a real community feel to it these days, good stuff fellas

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

no tears here although heartwarming

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I wouldn't believe any of these guys....they would throw their own Mothers under a train for 10 pts...fukkin degenerates
    Last edited by Dirty Sanchez; 09-09-11 at 06:24 PM.

RudyRuetigger

I dont believe in heros. Im not sure how you you can say the garbage man is a hero and the troops arent.

As for somebody dying, if they posted a video on here about someone who was hit by a car, i would feel bad. I read some stories on here about guys going broke gambling, i feel bad. i have compassion for other human beings. Most people here would laugh at somebody who lost all their life savings gambling saying it was their fault... which it is ... but that doesnt mean we shouldnt care that another human being is facing a very hard road ahead.
    not sure when you think I said a garbage man is a hero and the troops aren't.

infact, I think the "Support our Troups" sticker,slogan, w/e is BS because everyone should support our troups. to even need that slogan because people DONT is pathetic.

You going on about people losing their life savings just proves my point...its a human element not an army element. If someone worked as a sewer cleaner and had to be relocated because of a major waste site eruption and they didn't see their kids for a few years I'd feel the same way watching their kids react to seeing their dad for the first time in years.

Its like any profession...a [insert job title here] doesnt make the person I am...my actions do.

So yea, on a human element I sympathize with the kids. On a different element I can see the other side

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Thank you for sharing this video.

It was fabulous and it made my day.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

That's awesome

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Seen so many of these reunions you get immune I did not tear up, but very nice video

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

yes, easily desensitized after the first 60 seconds then just gets annoying with the cheesy music. everyone crying cant be serious

thanks for the points

GreatNate
    Chelsea FC!
    GreatNate's Avatar Become A Pro!

What was up with the music aha? Anyways I may be a heartless individual but no tears from me not even a frown.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17915

I have two daughters, no way in hell I could do that. True heros!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I had to go to all the classes cause i was the smartest guy in my infantry unit. I learned basic Arabic in 2 months .... they delayed our deployment for 6 months and i forgot it all.
    Did you do the voice memory stuff through AKO and Rosetta? We had to do it between schools after IOBC (or IBOLC these days) and got the goofy little certs to add to our books. I got 3 different dialects - all just from the blue ball, red car, white boy, big dog type phrases

First 123