Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I would suggest just getting real fukkin jobs instead of trying to be 21 year-old criminals trying to be bigtime

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Quote Originally Posted by stogies View Post
    Your either really stupid and got no clue what your doing by asking this question at this site or your throwing out the question just trolling for new customers. SBR needs to keep a very close eye on your PM's.
    dude seriously? get a life .. get some ass or something and chill. he's not threating to kill you or your family or anyone for that matter. the kid wants some advice on making a few bucks on the side who cares if its illegal.

the funny part part about this is, i will put my balls that if this kid does start taking plays he'll pay out 100 times faster than any a+ book on sbr! lol.

only thing I can see wrong is if he's trying to pick up clients through abt but dosnt look like he is so just relax

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    you would need 75k minimum but that is beside the point here...i mean if you are seriously thinking about going down this road it will end badly just sayin'.
    LMAOOO!! 75k??
    what im about to say might sound as a success story but its not. im really starting to think most of this guys are talking out there ass.

if your starting out with 1-15 clients @ 50-100$ bets you don't need more than 10k to get started shit you an start with 5k but that's at your own risk, considering the players your talking about IT can be done. if you come across a guy w deep pockets you can always inflate the juice a bit and put the play in yourself through w.e book you want. you wont loose that bet.most ppl would say this is pointless but trust me, if you keep him as your client im sure he'll tellhis
    buddy about you and so on so on.. the point about this business is to keep ppl betting. don't let these retards tell you crap crap about inflatin lines. unless gambling is legal were you live or there are several locals ppl know about, ppl will play your lines as long as its not a ripoff. if all fails and you go broke. **** it. you had the balls to do it. and trust me there's alot worse things that can happen than loose 5 or 10k.. your life wont end. only useful advice I saw here was... do not do this with someone else.

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

I think with all the risks starting a book like this is folly. However, if you do so, my biggest advice would be to get a low juice out online, and use it to reduce your risk whenever you feel uncomfortable. Don't let your price differ from the online price too much unless you're playing faces (aka you actively expect the stupid end to get bet), and keep an eye out for people who chase steam or are otherwise dangerous; if they do this, check the online price before letting them bet. In extreme cases, layoff a portion of their bet before you accept it to prove that the price is real. But don't fall into the trap of thinking you have a guy you can follow, because you don't.

Keep in mind that it's a volume game. You're going to earn 5% vs. random guys plus or minus skill, but minus expenses, minus labor (yours and others), minus being stiffed, and so on, plus legal risks. You need it to be 5% of a lot of money or why bother.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9518

I would start with running a few parlay cards. Build your clientele that way. By then, you might meet a few people that will be able to help you start taking bets.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    LMAOOO!! 75k??
    what im about to say might sound as a success story but its not. im really starting to think most of this guys are talking out there ass.

if your starting out with 1-15 clients @ 50-100$ bets you don't need more than 10k to get started shit you an start with 5k but that's at your own risk, considering the players your talking about IT can be done. if you come across a guy w deep pockets you can always inflate the juice a bit and put the play in yourself through w.e book you want. you wont loose that bet.most ppl would say this is pointless but trust me, if you keep him as your client im sure he'll tellhis
    buddy about you and so on so on.. the point about this business is to keep ppl betting. don't let these retards tell you crap crap about inflatin lines. unless gambling is legal were you live or there are several locals ppl know about, ppl will play your lines as long as its not a ripoff. if all fails and you go broke. **** it. you had the balls to do it. and trust me there's alot worse things that can happen than loose 5 or 10k.. your life wont end. only useful advice I saw here was... do not do this with someone else.

EBDOGGN, thank you for the advice but most of all thank you for actually reading and understanding exactly what I'm trying to get across here...

Maybe my OP made it sound like I was trying to set up a multi-million dollar conglomerate with 25 acting CEO's that roam the streets with pistols and kevlar vests on in search of underground hide-outs where the local pro gamblers (all of which are obviously posters on this board) hang around comparing the latest lines of all 19 of the other local bookies to see who has the best price on the CFL Championship game, (laughing at the stupid public, and wagering several million dollars a piece on the game of course), and then desperately seeking business from these high rollers before the other 19 bookies catch on and promptly shoot out their kneecaps or the cops catch on using their numerous wire taps and inside men, in which case several helicopters and swat teams shoot everyone up for betting on sports; but I don't think it did...

The impression you got is a little more accurate than the above ^ impression most everyone else seems to imagine. I mean for fuks sake, a guy at my dad's work used to hand out parlay cards with all of Sunday's football games (and some more popular NCAA games as well) and people would make their picks, give him a few bucks and be on their way. Some bet like $2 a week and some bet more... Im sure the payoffs were not as good as a rate you would get in Vegas, but they couldnt very well bet there could they?

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    I think with all the risks starting a book like this is folly. However, if you do so, my biggest advice would be to get a low juice out online, and use it to reduce your risk whenever you feel uncomfortable. Don't let your price differ from the online price too much unless you're playing faces (aka you actively expect the stupid end to get bet), and keep an eye out for people who chase steam or are otherwise dangerous; if they do this, check the online price before letting them bet. In extreme cases, layoff a portion of their bet before you accept it to prove that the price is real. But don't fall into the trap of thinking you have a guy you can follow, because you don't.

Keep in mind that it's a volume game. You're going to earn 5% vs. random guys plus or minus skill, but minus expenses, minus labor (yours and others), minus being stiffed, and so on, plus legal risks. You need it to be 5% of a lot of money or why bother.
    I definitely agree with reducing risk with online books. I also would try to stay as consistent as possible with the online/vegas spreads but am still thinking about possible issues (or potential for gain) we may come across with football games involving local teams that are going to undoubtedly get more action.

housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd have to agree that your best bet is to get on the live chat or call 5 dimes and speak with tony about this. he will be more than happy to help you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

People do not pat when they Lose

If you do not break legs and in some cases kill it is not for you

Great collectors are the only successful locals

Can you blow a guys head off?

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If you do not break legs and in some cases kill it is not for you...

JJ you're such a drama queen...

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

win the lottery

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    I would start with running a few parlay cards. Build your clientele that way. By then, you might meet a few people that will be able to help you start taking bets.
    This is the best advice so far!!..
    Start with teaser and parlay cards

This cards have horrible lines and horrible payout odds. And PUSH = Lose, but people will buy like 5 $5 dollars cards and make parlays and teaser.

And I talk by expiernce. Some dude use to sell those here at my job and Sunday I used to buy like 4, I only won once and he paid me right away.

They are fun

Matches Malone
    Living life @ -115
    Matches Malone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

People do not pay when they Lose

Unless you want to get blackmarked by a bookie....

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    You play, you pay!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 10:59 AM. Reason: image does not exist

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

2 things to remember:

No one is going to use a local without offering credit.

Don't extend credit to brock landers.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

look for a pph shop it will cost you and few bucks but it will free up your time immensly i really dont think that you realize how time consuming it can be. you have to extend credit since you plan on using small players make anyone who wants to make a 500 or more bet meet you cash up front and than you pay them on the spot as soon as they win or lose the wager saves you the headaches of being stiffed or chasing someone down and know this up front you will get stiffed it happens to everyone

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Get some practice of the business in with each other. Get some bats and some KY; break each other's knee caps, and then lube up with the KY for some ass pounding.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Slightexaggeration.com

But JJ is partly right, especially if you let broke ppl get in to debt up to their eyeballs. If you know a guy works as a server at a Applebee's then extend him 300 or 400 bucks worth of credit, dont let the guy run up 2 grand on you and then wonder why you cant get him to answer his phone, like anything else in life you'll be fine if you use your brain

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You need to send messages

You have to break legs or people will laugh at you and stiff you

forget it pal

feege
    feege's Avatar Become A Pro!

gold, this is an awesome post

carry on, Coach. He will be lost without you.

First 12