kerrywoodwins20
    kerrywoodwins20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Roy Halladay's 8 - 1 at home this year, where the hell are you getting just a 70%???? try like 90% and the Phillies aren't a lock or anything, they're only 8 games up on the Braves with 45 days of baseball to go. Teams have blown much bigger division leads in a much shorter time period, the Phillies will NOT let up until they have the division clinched
    90% to win b/c of his past record of 8-1? Oh brother... you are hopeless. End thread /

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by kerrywoodwins20 View Post
    90% to win b/c of his past record of 8-1?

because of everything

1)Diamondbacks are 0-7 last 7 games against Philly in Philly

2)Roy Halladay is red hot

3)Phillies offense is red hot

4)Philly's big 3 relievers have been completely dominant

4)Collmenter is 1-4 on the road with a 4 ERA

there is literally nothing to like about this game if you're betting on Arizona

kerrywoodwins20

Every stat pointed towards the A's beating the Orioles last night too...

Orioles won 6-2.

brahmabull117

Every stat pointed towards the A's beating the Orioles last night too... Orioles won 6-2.

The A's are a horrible team and that's a retarded comparison

kerrywoodwins20

The Orioles were 20 games under .500 on the road.
    The A's are above .500 at home.
    The A's were 8-4 in games started by Gio Gonzalez at home.

Every thing pointed to the A's winning easily. They lost by 4. I'm just trying to open your eyes and realize that the favorites don't always win, and paying juice like that in the long run will have you lose lots of money.

Gio Gonzalez' ERA at home is lower than Halladay's ERA at home, and Gio Gonzalez was facing a road team that was 20 games under .500. Halladay is facing a road team that is ABOVE .500.

kerrywoodwins20

But like many others have said... we know we are right, and we know you will learn your lesson eventually, like you did in basketball. Take care and good luck.

brahmabull117

The Orioles were 20 games under .500 on the road. The A's are above .500 at home. The A's were 8-4 in games started by Gio Gonzalez at home. Every thing pointed to the A's winning easily. They lost by 4. I'm just trying to open your eyes and realize that the favorites don't always win, and paying juice like that in the long run will have you lose lots of money. Gio Gonzalez' ERA at home is lower than Halladay's ERA at home, and Gio Gonzalez was facing a road team that was 20 games under .500. Halladay is facing a road team that is ABOVE .500.

A's have lost 9 out of 13 games, that game yesterday was nothing more than 1 awful team playing another awful team

the fact that you're comparing a team that's 15 games under .500 to a team that's almost 40 games over .500 is pretty ridiculous

cashville03
    cashville03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahmabull is a moron lmao. I usually lay a lot of juice to around -150 and have Ben successful with it. But to call this a bad bet when ur gettin +220 on a PLAYOFF team tht can hit is not a bad bet at all. Personally I won't touch this game but laying -230 on Philly against the dodgers or someone is one thing but against Arizona that's very questionable. It's a baseball game, one play can change the whole game. I think Arizona is worth a shot at that price. And halladay has been struggling of late. His last outing against col he looked really shaky so Arizona should tag him for some runs. BOL with your plays.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by cashville03 View Post
    Brahmabull is a moron lmao. I usually lay a lot of juice to around -150 and have Ben successful with it. But to call this a bad bet when ur gettin +220 on a PLAYOFF team tht can hit is not a bad bet at all. Personally I won't touch this game but laying -230 on Philly against the dodgers or someone is one thing but against Arizona that's very questionable. It's a baseball game, one play can change the whole game. I think Arizona is worth a shot at that price. And halladay has been struggling of late. His last outing against col he looked really shaky so Arizona should tag him for some runs. BOL with your plays.

Halladay is 3-0 his last 3 starts against winning teams...

and LOL @ him "struggling" recently. His era is 2.27 his last 4 outings

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

ERA

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same guys that argue are the same ones that think they are going to make a killing in nfl
    CERTAINLY NO VALUE IN LAYING IN LAYING -230, BIG FAVS GO DOWN A LOT THIS TIME OF YEAR

REMEMBER TA ??? FROM LAST YEAR ?????

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

you can't say a team has a 90% chance to win just because of what has happened the past 20 games or whatever.

Just last year, Halladay was a losing bet with all the juice he had, don't act like the phillies are guaranteed to continue this stretch of winning almost everytime he is on the mound.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

WTF this whole thread is just people listing different stats supporting their pick and neglecting the stats that support the other side. The line takes all this into account so listing stats is useless.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    WTF this whole thread is just people listing different stats supporting their pick and neglecting the stats that support the other side. The line takes all this into account so listing stats is useless.

what stats am I neglecting??

there is nothing here supporting Arizona winning this game

kerrywoodwins20

Better pray there is no rain, brahma. They will take Halladay out faster than you can say "I'm coming out of the closet..."

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

6 game win streak, and a good bullpen, that supports the play

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    6 game win streak, and a good bullpen, that supports the play

my grandma could win 6 straight against the mutts and asstros at home

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Brah how big on Philly?

all in?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Gl to you.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

On it LB

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

bet against the phils if you have money to burn...u might get lucky and pull off a trick shot

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahmabull is fukkin retard

Nice pick though lakerboy, I'm on it

cashville03
    cashville03's Avatar Become A Pro!

And era determines how good a pitcher is? Yes it's something to look at but it can be deceiving also.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by cashville03 View Post
    And era determines how good a pitcher is? Yes it's something to look at but it can be deceiving also.

what do u use to determine how good a pitcher is??

Win loss record, whip??, k to bb ratio??, wins over replacement?? adjusted era??

because no matter how you look at it, halladay is the best pitcher in the league. To pitch that well in that sandbox of a stadium is pretty fcking incredible... it's like hitting 45 homeruns a year playing in San Diego

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I'm making a moderate play on PHI -1.5

What can I say I like Halladay guys.

BOL all you Phillies backers

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the philly RL so most likely phils go into the ninth 3-1 up and madson gives one up in the ninth like all the ******* dodger games I bet.

I can't bring myself to bet against doc and just gotta have faith that a quality offence performs

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by LovetoSpooge View Post
    I took the philly RL so most likely phils go into the ninth 3-1 up and madson gives one up in the ninth like all the ******* dodger games I bet. I can't bring myself to bet against doc and just gotta have faith that a quality offence performs

or just bet the moneyline

who gives a sht if there's juice?

I'd much rather win a - 230 bet than lose a + 105 RL because the phillies win by 1 run

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm a sucker for Halladay as much as anyone and have two parlays that need the Phils so naturally I put a little on AZ +1.5, although now I feel like I need to add onto it.

brahmabull117

this game is on MLB TV by the way

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea because beating the mets and astros at home is the same thing as going on the road and beating the best team in the league starting the best pitcher in the league with the best offense. It's not like the diamondbacks have lost 7 straight games in Philadelphia or anything

Roy Halladay isn't even the best pitcher on his own team let alone in the NL.

Lee
    Lincecum
    Greinke
    Kershaw

I'd take these guys over Halladay with money on the line (obviously the Dodger's lineup hurts Kershaw so that's not realistic in some sense) but I think Halladay is 5th best in NL and on a slight downswing of his career.
    Last edited by SaintsFan; 08-16-11 at 06:34 PM.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game is on MLB TV by the way
    Perfect for broke fukks like you

btw check the score dumbass

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
    Roy Halladay isn't even the best pitcher on his own team let alone in the NL. Lee Lincecum Greinke Kershaw I'd take these guys over Halladay with money on the line (obviously the Dodger's lineup hurts Kershaw so that's not realistic in some sense) but I think Halladay is 5th best in NL and on a slight downswing of his career.
    zack greinke with a 4.21 era is better than Roy Halladay???

ur list is completely retarded otherwise. Tim Lincecum??? he has a 3.00 ERA over the last 2 seasons pitching in a GREAT pitcher's ballpark compared to Halladay's 2.50 in one of the worst pitcher's ballparks in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Perfect for broke fukks like you btw check the score dumbass :

I didn't realize games are now decided in the second inning

when did they make this change???

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

enjoy your beer brahma

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

stay strong brahma, we got this. Squares unite! form a rectangle

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

zack greinke with a 4.21 era is better than Roy Halladay???

ur list is completely retarded otherwise. Tim Lincecum??? he has a 3.00 ERA over the last 2 seasons pitching in a GREAT pitcher's ballpark compared to Halladay's 2.50 in one of the worst pitcher's ballparks in the league

I didn't realize games are now decided in the second inning

when did they make this change???
    Greinke probably the 3rd best pitcher in the NL. His ERA was a byproduct of no spring training and shoddy defense early in the season. He's a better pitcher than Halladay right now and over the past 2 months.

You clearly don't watch even half the baseball I watch given by your comment that a game is "on MLB tonight". Every game is on in SaintsFan's home every night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blockhead

First 12345 ... Last