View Poll Results: Was the Henderson Emelianenko fight stopped prematurely?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 42.11%
  • No

33 57.89%
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Bullshit stop.. I'm tired of MMA.. punk bitches everywhere.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

fedor just retire overrated piece of buckin crap

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Maybe by a second or two if that, but not anything to complain or debate about.
    How much did you guys lose on Fedor?
    I feel you on your breakdown, I think hendo would have kept bombing on his dome-piece, but I still would have liked to see 2-3 secs. It came too quick for me. Fedor probably would have liked to have taken a few more shots as well. I also noticed that the big shots after the upper cut were CLEAN to the back of the head / cerrebelum almost. The barry argument above is very interesting too.. However! in the end its really not a 'robbery' stoppage imo - I've seen much, much worse. Its sucks, but its legit in its own right I guess.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    fedor just retire overrated piece of buckin crap
    Fedor will retire with lots of money and a lasting legacy to real mma fans for hopefully all of history. He will also be respected forever by true practioners of martial arts.

White trash, disrespectful idiots such as yourself will grow old and broke, and will die bitter with a fat liver, alone and forgotten.

Fedor and MEN of respect laugh at you, sucka.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    That is for him to decide, I'd imagine that he would want to end on a sweeter note, perhaps they can dig up Bobby Lashley for one last Fedor fight.
    big poppa you serious? Lashly is an insult bro....

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

At first I thought the ref was trying to stop/break-up the two because it looked like Henderson was punching Fedor in the back of the head. So I was a bit shocked it was stopped after seeing Fedor rolling over on his own while getting punched. But then the short video posted above shows that Fedor was pretty dazed and Henderson was going to smash Fedor's face in.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    big poppa you serious? Lashly is an insult bro....
    Brett Rogers was an insult, one that put him in danger. I'd like a win. Let him crush one last can for old time's sake. If nothing else than to build up his confidence for a more serious fight.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 490

he was out cold when he rolled over he made no attempt to block his face good stoppage imo

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't fault Herb Dean for stopping it; he definitely looked to be out for a split second before waking up again. Perhaps Fedor could have continued, but they are supposed to stop it if there is a knockout of any kind, including a "flash knockout".

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

money on fedor here....the reason you think it was stopped early was because the ref moved in making it harder for hendo to land shots.

hard to watch a legend get done like that (FOR A THIRD TIME IN A ROW PLS GOD JUST RETIRE), he really ought to know better when he has such a dominating spot raining blows. why give your leg up for a reversal so easy?

start making little fedors so in 25 years i can bet on them, because i'm done better on this version.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

What else do you think a ref is looking for? Fedor went limp face first into the ground with the other fighter hitting him unabated to the head.

bettorjon
    bettorjon's Avatar Become A Pro!

fedor is the roy jones jr of MMA. time to retire

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by bettorjon View Post
    fedor is the roy jones jr of MMA. time to retire
    indeed to both.

i guess i wouldn't mind seeing him matched up with a couple tito-like cans to finish out his career, but anyone that says they'll lay -400+ on him is either dumb or doesn't pay attention or both.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    I don't fault Herb Dean for stopping it; he definitely looked to be out for a split second before waking up again. Perhaps Fedor could have continued, but they are supposed to stop it if there is a knockout of any kind, including a "flash knockout".
    yeah he got knocked out then got woke up because he was getting hit again. lol

in real time i was standing yelling because 3 seconds earlier it looked like he was gonna finish dan, then just like that he was out, and i thought it looked like he was rolling over trying to get him into guard..

then when they replayed it, he was OUT, then got woke up because hendo hit him again and was only rolling over out of instinct and would've gotten killed if dan wasn't getting pushed away...

ugh. too bad. 3 straight losses after going 10+ years w/o a loss...ugh. too bad.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I hit kongo, then voelker, and now hendo. I am the official come from behind bettor 2011, **** yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

bettin on big faves not good

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    money on fedor here....the reason you think it was stopped early was because the ref moved in making it harder for hendo to land shots.

hard to watch a legend get done like that (FOR A THIRD TIME IN A ROW PLS GOD JUST RETIRE), he really ought to know better when he has such a dominating spot raining blows. why give your leg up for a reversal so easy?

start making little fedors so in 25 years i can bet on them, because i'm done better on this version.

this.....the other stuff is speculation...one ref lets kongo continue...and he amazingly wins...another jumps in quickly.....

for me,that bonehead move was the kicker...followed by the two shots(not on "the temple",on the back of the head...clearly)....

allowing that reversal was an amazingly careless move by fedor....that was the coup-de-grace....

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Whether he was more than dazed or still prepared to defend none of us can say for sure. One thing is for certain, knowledgeable fans who think he was out and it was a good stoppage still have praise and respect for Fedor. So tell me, when has Fedor EVER made excuses or argued a decision, even with his controversial first loss. When he says he thought it was a quick stoppage, BELIEVE IT!

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Quote Originally Posted by Frostware View Post
    Hard to say. Another question. Think Fedor should hang up the gloves?
    Yes, 99% of heavy weights in combat sports who have an extended career go through this same sort of thing. He's a great fighter...but come on...once he got married it was game over.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Man suffering brain trauma isn't exactly the best witness, they almost always deny that they were out. For what it is worth I do believe he thinks that he was fully there. He is of course wrong.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dont think people appreciate how hard Hendo hits, he'd of just levered Fedor a few more times and and put him to sleep if it had of continued

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Probably going for rope a dope. Fortunate punch, where it came from, but effective none-the-less.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

sbr guys did a great job picking the fights.

i was on tate, woodley by dec and hendo.

great night for me.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

He would have eaten some punches if Herb didn't intervene...good stoppage.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Anyone saying that this fight was an early stoppage most likely lost money on Fedor. He was out cold, and was hit three times to the temple, and when he did roll over he sat up like he was Frankenstein. I personally thought maybe 2 more seconds to see if Fedor could have established control of Dan Henderson, but it didn't look like he could have. I was shocked. I would say that the Paul Daley V Diaz was a much earlier stoppage compared to this fight. Fedor was limp and didn't recover in time.

Could you please produce the camera angle where you saw all of this He sat up like Frankenstein? I wish i had the angles you had unless you are making shit up.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

100% stopped early.

Buried me.

Very pissed off. Herb Dean fukt up.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

thought it was early but what do i know

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Stopped early, fight was fixed given the political situation right now.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

I feel you on your breakdown, I think hendo would have kept bombing on his dome-piece, but I still would have liked to see 2-3 secs. It came too quick for me. Fedor probably would have liked to have taken a few more shots as well. I also noticed that the big shots after the upper cut were CLEAN to the back of the head / cerrebelum almost. The barry argument above is very interesting too.. However! in the end its really not a 'robbery' stoppage imo - I've seen much, much worse. Its sucks, but its legit in its own right I guess.
    Yeah because it's not like Fedor sprung up immediately and was like "WTF I wasn't out!!!!". He sat up like ******* Frankenstein and was looking sluggish.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Stopped early, fight was fixed given the political situation right now.
    my first thought was dana white paid herb dean to stop the fight any chance he may get.

shit is getting ugly.

look at the herb dean who ref'd the kongo fight vs the herb dean ref'ing this fight.

two entirely different approaches.

odd.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I had no money on the fight, I just feel it was stopped early and we were robbed of possibly a real good fight. Regardless, as much as I like Fedor, I think he has been a bit overrated and his time has run out.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

he was knocked out then knocked back into consciousness...like ramage vs chuck

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    my first thought was dana white paid herb dean to stop the fight any chance he may get.

shit is getting ugly.

look at the herb dean who ref'd the kongo fight vs the herb dean ref'ing this fight.

two entirely different approaches.

odd.
    Maybe because Herb Dean didn't ref the Kongo one, alos Kongo was at least moving . If your sprawled out on your stomach not moving for two consecutive punches it is going to be stopped. Good stoppage, maybe if your not looking with your biased betting eyes you would see that.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a small play on Fedor and I think that was a just stoppage. Maybe a tad bit premature but Fedor was out for a split second and Hendo was in superior position about to maul his face.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Yeah Fedor turned over but Dan still had side control and was still able to throw effective strikes. Basically, instead of getting the back and side of head punched he chose to get his face smashed.

Good stop, unless you wanted to see Fedor get really injured.

First 1234 Last