View Poll Results: Was the Henderson Emelianenko fight stopped prematurely?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 42.11%
  • No

33 57.89%
    bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Same old story. People crying because they loose money. It was a correct stoppage.

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

if herb dean saw dan's uppercut connect he had to have seen the two illegal blows to the back of fedor's head. should have stopped the fight, let fedor recover. if he couldn't, it's a DQ

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I didn't mind the stop to the fight. There have been a lot worse. He looked limp to me.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

definitely correct stoppage in this fight, Fedor was out cold and would have been destroyed if he let it keep going. Hendo hits very hard and that uppercut just floored him. Even though I won some cash on the Kongo fight, I would not have been mad at all if it was stopped, so enough of this comparison to the Kongo fight. Dan definitely showed he has a lot left in the tank, the guy has some heart and was in a win-win situation and he fought that way. It will be interesting to see who he matches up with next and if he signs with UFC.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

"out cold"

So you move so easily 2 seconds later when you are out cold.....

He was a little stunned for a second, nothing else.

xelance

stunned? You are in denial. Ok maybe out cold was an exaggeration, I give you that one, but stunned?? that deserves a . Watch the replay again, he doesnt "move so easily", he got rocked hard and was dazed and very confused.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Once again, no one knows better than Fedor. He is not the type to make excuses or blame the ref if he was done.

xelance

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Once again, no one knows better than Fedor. He is not the type to make excuses or blame the ref if he was done.
    oh yeah, it didnt have anything to do with the fact that this was the last fight on his contract...of course he is the type to make excuses if he knows it will help him look better for the future.

xelance

good luck finishing the round with one eye closed and just getting rocked by a huge uppercut and rolling over to get hit by more punches. You guys are hilarious and completely in denial.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17272

He had rolled over and was beginning to defend himself, I thought it was early.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    oh yeah, it didnt have anything to do with the fact that this was the last fight on his contract...of course he is the type to make excuses if he knows it will help him look better for the future.
    You got that right, Fedor's been full of excuses his whole career. Every fight he's been in that hasn't gone his way he's started making excuses right away. Oh wait... he's never made any excuses ever. He even pretty much said that the stoppage wasn't a big deal, but he should have been given a bit more of a chance. What exactly is he trying to look better for? He's said so many times that he's not unbeatable. He's also talked about retirement. He's probably one of the few fighters that doesn't even remotely care about his legacy or any fame he would get from being a legend. I'm sure this is all an act though and you have a ton of evidence to back your ridiculous claims.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    good luck finishing the round with one eye closed and just getting rocked by a huge uppercut and rolling over to get hit by more punches. You guys are hilarious and completely in denial.
    I'm sure if the Kongo fight had been stopped earlier and people complained you would say the same thing. I don't think that fight is relevant to this one, but since you brought it up think about it.

xelance

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I'm sure if the Kongo fight had been stopped earlier and people complained you would say the same thing. I don't think that fight is relevant to this one, but since you brought it up think about it.
    just another Fedor nuthugger...boohoo. Actually, I didnt bring it up in the first place, go read the thread.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

the guy maybe did not cap the fight round 50 50, but you know, its a 50 50 fight. 60 40 maybe, 70 30 no way. So lets say it is a 60 40 fight, you dont put 3 or 4 units on that, do you? henderson decision, both fighters rarely go the distance, maybe not the best hedge either. i thought the evaluation of risk was poor. the value clearly was on henderson imo at +230.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Henderson seems to be just one of those fighters you can never count out. Hard to cap as he throws hard but somewhat reckless. Hendo also was taken down by Jake Shields often. I think the books did well, trying to convince the public that Fedor was going to win at -250+ odds and I believe a lot of people layed big on Fedor to not lose three in a row. Very interesting to see who's in store next for Hendo and at what weight.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I think it was an early stoppage but not the worst I've ever seen. On a side note... look at those last 2 shots Hendo landed. Were they on the back of the head? I can't say for sure. A different ref might have stopped the fight and warned Hendo about those shots and given Fedor time to recover which I'm certain he would have. A really bad Ref might have even disqualified him for it. Anyone see the Jon Jones vs Matt Hamill fight? That was one of the worst reffing jobs I've ever seen. No warning... just a DQ.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Fedor's eyes were closed during that ground and pound.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Great stoppage.. Another excuse from the Fedor fanboys.. Fedor is washed-up and he's a fukking bum right now..

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

it was the best fight of the year. hhahaha my underdog make me win big

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

The stoppage did seem a bit early... but since I'm not a ref and wasn't in the octagon who am I to complain. I lost a bit on Fedor as I had him in a $50 parlay with OSP but that's sometimes how the cookie crumbles. I'm thankful that my parlays with Woodley, Saff, and Kennedy all hit. And Tate came through too... phew. It's so sad to see Fedor losing and I have to question whether or not he should truly keep going on with his career. Hendo is no joke, but it's pretty obvious now that Fedor isn't what he used to be. All good fighters eventually have to hang it up.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have two problems with how this fight turned out, 1. the back of the head shots by henderson and 2. i hate this is how the greatest mma fighter of this generation may possibly retire coming off a complete bullshit stoppage...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Great stoppage.. Another excuse from the Fedor fanboys.. Fedor is washed-up and he's a fukking bum right now..
    For once I think I agree with ya! Good work Daimo! Got a good side to you now...

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just won a TON of points on this win!!! won a TON of points on the Tito Bader fight, now I just have to wait for Tito to win against Evans...

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post

I agree, Didn't know why everyone was telling me that Fedor was going to toss Henderson around in the clinch and out wrestle him... they must not know what Greco-Roman wrestling is... great fight

TheCentaur

I think JohnGalt's video on this page has skewed the opinions. It shows 7 seconds and from seeing only that I would agree, Fedor was done, but if it would have shown a few more seconds you would see Fedor was beginning to intelligently defend. Too many fighters have come back from this position to win for this to be a good stoppage.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Think the rematch happens? Hendo said he's open to it.... just not sure Fedor should keep going.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Think the rematch happens? Hendo said he's open to it.... just not sure Fedor should keep going.
    Not yet... Fedor needs a fight with someone of his current skill level first -- Maybe a Chad Griggs or someone of that caliber.

TheCentaur

They should have a rematch

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

it did look like Henderson hit him in the back of the head but i don't understand people complaining about an early stoppage Fedor's hands were down after he rolled over and Henderson hit him two more times he made no attempt to defend himself

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

if the fight didnt get stopped henderson would have continued pummeling fedor and probably messed him up even worse

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I think JohnGalt's video on this page has skewed the opinions. It shows 7 seconds and from seeing only that I would agree, Fedor was done, but if it would have shown a few more seconds you would see Fedor was beginning to intelligently defend. Too many fighters have come back from this position to win for this to be a good stoppage.
    It wasn't my intention to show that Fedor was done for by reposting Educ8d's video. I was actually trying to show that it looked like Hendo hit Fedor with 2 illegal blows and nobody was talking about it. I agree with you that it was stopped early and I also think there should be a rematch. I know a lot of people think Fedor was out and had no chance of recovering. I strongly disagree. This video show's a more accurate assessment of what actually happened. Go to 4:27 of the video.
    This is right before the Ref stopped the fight. Fedor rolls over.... QUICKLY. A guy who is unconscious isn't going to do this. Sure Fedor was rocked by that uppercut and he was probably even out for a second or two but look how quickly he rolled over after Hendo delivered that 2nd shot to the back of the head. When a guy has 30 plus fights and he's never been Knocked Out I think you have to give him that extra second or two before you stop the fight.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    ]
    This is right before the Ref stopped the fight. Fedor rolls over.... QUICKLY. A guy who is unconscious isn't going to do this. Sure Fedor was rocked by that uppercut and he was probably even out for a second or two but look how quickly he rolled over after Hendo delivered that 2nd shot to the back of the head. When a guy has 30 plus fights and he's never been Knocked Out I think you have to give him that extra second or two before you stop the fight.
    Yes I agree 100%. I'm not saying he would have won the fight or that he wasn't hurt, but for him to roll over like that he was ready and able to continue.

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

While I think the Stoppage was a bit too early .. Hell everyone thought Herb Dean was gonna stop the beating on Shane carwin in the 1st round .. but they let it keep going .. yet they could not let this keep going for 2 or 3 more seconds to see what will happen .. early stoppage I agree .. but It was some what Justified .. so I really can't complain lol

P.S : I won about $1000 profit betting on Tim Kennedy , Tarec Saffedine and Tyron Woodley -Parlayed them but I lost a bit of money on a straight bet on Fedor .. Oh well

looking forward to UFC 133 .. best of luck all

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Not yet... Fedor needs a fight with someone of his current skill level first -- Maybe a Chad Griggs or someone of that caliber.
    What?! Fedor looked fine against Hendo and some would say could have finished him until the turn of events when Dan took his back... how can you say that he isn't on Hendo's skill level? I think a rematch would actually be highly competitive if Fedor is up to it.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Fedor seems to be getting sloppy with the gnp.

First 1234 Last