soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

The Pats have had the best record(or tied) in the AFC east every year since they last won the SB. Yet the The Pats ERA according to MLD ended in 04'-05'..have to assume you said that because that was the last super bowl win.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..using that criteria...when does the Jets era start? It hasn't started yet.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Since Pats play 4-3 about half the time you will likely see Albert lined up as a DT in that alignment and on the sideline when in the 3-4. For a 5th round pick the deal doesn't have a whole lot of risk. Pats locker room is too strong for Albert to mess up. If healthy, he provides a nice pass rush up the middle for a team that is lacking a guy off the edge.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Hey Bobby....Haynesworth is a solid move, low risk high reward. Wish the Jets jumped in on it

Jets fans can talk trash back and forth....we have gotten the better of you guys last season and since Rex has been HC. Rivalries are no fun if one team constantly dominates (Like you guys did when Herm was the HC lol)

Pats 'Era' was over in 04......Whether they can start a new one remains to be seen
    the patriots "era" hasnt gone anywhere....these guys are still winning games...hell they won 11 games with a guy who hadnt started a football game, at qb, in like 8 years

they won 14 games last year and beat every playoff team they faced....they were starting two undrafted free agents at rb by the end of the year(some people arent aware what a great football player kevin faulk is)...they were without an all pro guard most of the year who was holding out....they lost two starters on defense before the season started(warren, leigh bodden)......

just because they havent won a superbowl since 2004 doesnt mean any era is over...they are perennial superbowl contenders....people act like winning superbowls is easy....it takes alot for it all to come together

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Since Pats play 4-3 about half the time you will likely see Albert lined up as a DT in that alignment and on the sideline when in the 3-4. For a 5th round pick the deal doesn't have a whole lot of risk. Pats locker room is too strong for Albert to mess up. If healthy, he provides a nice pass rush up the middle for a team that is lacking a guy off the edge.
    i think if hes in shape he can play 3-4 end....probably not every down....but he can be out there eating up space and blockers....but he needs to be down to about 320

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

great move for the pats, fully expect albert to make a major shift upwards for their defense

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

Haynesworth is a nice Pick up for any team that has a strong locker room. Having said that this isn't the locker room of 2007. Many of the LR enforcers aren't there and no one has really stepped up. It is why Moss was like he was. There isn't Harrison, bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest, Seau, Seymour Type for everyone to lean on. Brady is a strong leader on the field but not a LR enforcer. It remains to be seen if any of the new crop of players as they become vets can step up into that void.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i think if hes in shape he can play 3-4 end....probably not every down....but he can be out there eating up space and blockers....but he needs to be down to about 320
    It is possible, but Bill likely plans on using him strictly on the inside in 4-3 alignment and keep him fresh for the full season.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Wow, this can be similar to the Moss trade if Haynesworth decides to try. Him and Wilfork on same line is unreal.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    Wow, this can be similar to the Moss trade if Haynesworth decides to try. Him and Wilfork on same line is unreal.
    yup...probably wont have the same spring in their legs as suh and fairley....but them ole boys 'll still get after em

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

great steal by the Pats...guy will def be giving his all every week for Bill

at stupid jets fan

why hasn't rex had a heart attack, stupid fat ass...maybe the jets win it all this year or the other 101945 times he predicted it

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

Pats won't make the playoffs

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Pats won't make the playoffs
    go away

DwightShrute

They take teams a too lightly heading into playoffs and got destroyed last 2 playoffs. Both times at home. Choke artists. Ya ok they were great a few years ago but so were the Rams. Haysworth is another failure in the making. See Randy Moss.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Haynesworth would've made a splash no matter where he went as long as it's to a contender.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

They take teams a too lightly heading into playoffs and got destroyed last 2 playoffs. Both times at home. Choke artists. Ya ok they were great a few years ago but so were the Rams. Haysworth is another failure in the making. See Randy Moss.
    the patriots dont take anybody lightly....thats just a little backstory the haters like to run with....come playoff time its all business(so is the regular season)....they just got outplayed and beat...thats all there is...no taking anyone lightly....the patriots, more than anyone, know how dangerous the jets can be....even after the beating they put on them

its not easy to win every playoff game you play in the nfl.....u know nothing about football

DwightShrute

its not easy to win every playoff game you play in the nfl.....u know nothing about football
    I forgot more about football then you will ever know

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

LOL but its so true......The public and media are so quick to lick the balls of one Bill Bellichik after ANY move made by the Pats.......sickening really

Fact of the matter is they have been a fraud for a while now in terms of NFL seasons
    yup, sounds like a jets fan. don't really see how the pats were frauds or embarrassed themselves last year, if anything they overachieved. it doesn't take too much digging to see that 'the media' was all over the jets as the favorite coming of their AFC appearance to win the division. the Pats very much were considered also-rans in the AFC East. not to mention HBO hardknocks as part of that self-promoting love. talk about an embarrassment. NO ONE would have turned down any bet involving the Pats going 14-2..that was absolutely the biggest surprise of the season. people were bagging all over tom brady and how his knee would be after surgeries and defense getting shelled w/o seymour and no pass rush and blah blah blah. What happens? Brady wins MVP (first unanimous ever) and Belichik is coach of the year. You usually don't win coach of the year unless your team does something it's not expected to do.

not to mention, as rex ryan mentioned himself, that win against the Pats in the playoffs at the time was their THIRD most important postseason game ever. a SECOND ROUND playoff game, THIRD most in importance. that's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Don't the pats play a 3-4 that's why he didn't want to play for shanahan

Pats do. Hayneworth's specific beef was that he did not want to play NT in the 3-4, fortunately the Pats have the luxury of employing the best NT in the league (arguable, if you prefer maybe Casey Hampton or BJ Raji coming on strong, but I'll let my homerism stand out and say Wilfork is the best) Also Pats shift to a sub package w/4 man front over 50% of the time, so it's not as base 3-4 as it would seem, and this would make Haynesworth a big time interior pass rushing threat. Not to mention teams won't be able to double Wilfork anymore and if Ty Warren can come back and be effective they are going to be an exciting D to watch.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I forgot more about football then you will ever know
    haha right....pats season ticket holder...been to well over 100 nfl games in my life...including that dump of a stadium that houses your dolphins a couple of times...traveled to indy in 07 and 08...and a few other trips

whatever...yer a dolphins fan...cant take anything you say about my team seriously

the sad part is..i like the fins...loved when they brought in marshall(personal fave of mine) and dansby...if carey can not play like a dog their offensive line should be much improved....

oh well..enjoy reggie bush

doylfish

haha right....pats season ticket holder...been to well over 100 nfl games in my life...including that dump of a stadium that houses your dolphins a couple of times...traveled to indy in 07 and 08...and a few other trips

whatever...yer a dolphins fan...cant take anything you say about my team seriously

the sad part is..i like the fins...loved when they brought in marshall(personal fave of mine) and dansby...if carey can not play like a dog their offensive line should be much improved....

this.

i'll take the phins over the jets any day of the week. if they could ever get a consistent QB like Orton they'd be a bigger threat than most people realize (i'm hoping for the Pats sake they don't get Orton, but we'll see), and reggie bush might fit in well there, be interesting all around.

my best buddy is a phins fan and we got to both games every year together, it's all good fun, i don't let anyone bust him too bad at foxboro and him the same in landshark or whatever it's called now down in miami. at least at the end of the day we both can agree on hating the jets.

DwightShrute

dude, you said
    .u know nothing about football
    so that is why I made the comment.

I never said the Pats sucked or anything like that. I respect the enemy. One of the best coaches all time. Brady is a little over rated at times but I would have him on my team. The way I see it is simple, you don't see plays like they made in Indy when they lost 35-36 or whatever it was, they get trounced in the playoffs at home by Baltimore and then last year in the playoffs again at home by JETS (I called JETS to win straight up here) from the Pats of old. Something isn't the same and them getting Moss was a joke and now Hainsworth? What about TO? Pacman Jones? I doubt that will work out well for Pat fans.

Still everyone (Boston people) talks about how great they are but 0 playoff wins in the last 3 years. Win a playoff game again and then we'll talk. Good luck this year.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

dude, you said so that is why I made the comment.

I never said the Pats sucked or anything like that. I respect the enemy. One of the best coaches all time. Brady is a little over rated at times but I would have him on my team. The way I see it is simple, you don't see plays like they made in Indy when they lost 35-36 or whatever it was, they get trounced in the playoffs at home by Baltimore and then last year in the playoffs again at home by JETS (I called JETS to win straight up here) from the Pats of old. Something isn't the same and them getting Moss was a joke and now Hainsworth? What about TO? Pacman Jones? I doubt that will work out well for Pat fans.

Still everyone (Boston people) talks about how great they are but 0 playoff wins in the last 3 years. Win a playoff game again and then we'll talk. Good luck this year.
    you arent the only one...i was at the game...and i bet the jets moneyline...lol...it was way too good of a price

i know what i said...and why u made the comment...but still...u came in this thread bashing the pats....not neccessary

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    this.

i'll take the phins over the jets any day of the week. if they could ever get a consistent QB like Orton they'd be a bigger threat than most people realize (i'm hoping for the Pats sake they don't get Orton, but we'll see), and reggie bush might fit in well there, be interesting all around.

my best buddy is a phins fan and we got to both games every year together, it's all good fun, i don't let anyone bust him too bad at foxboro and him the same in landshark or whatever it's called now down in miami. at least at the end of the day we both can agree on hating the jets.
    i hear you....the thing that scares me most about orton is the rapport he has with marshall

i play in a high stakes fantasy league....i got marshall in the 5th round two years ago....because everyone was scared off by his preseason antics.....and he was an animal...that 21 catch game against indy was a thing of beauty.....

but i feel much better knowing that we got another young corner, in dowling, to go with mccourty....corner depth is so important .....we were in trouble the monent bodden was lost for the year.....kyle arrington held his own....but hes not special.....and butler just plain doesnt get it......i was so happy when they grabbed dowling it wasnt even funny...id been calling for them to grab a corner in the first two rounds...i was watching the 2nd round at a buddys and i was elated...he said "you called it".....

i can actually see this defense playing more like the jets on passing downs...getting aggressive and sending people.....hopefully alot less of that soft zone stuff they seem to love...vince and al collapsing the pocket...eating up space and blockers while linebackers and dbs are sent!.......hopefully!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Do people not understand the Pats were in a rebuilding year last year? They way overachieved in the regular season, and it got them in the end. That team was not good enough to contend in the playoffs, because again, it was a rebuilding year...

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

ughhhhh! the patriots do it again

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

...and they just picked up Chad Ochocinco as well

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    ...and they just picked up Chad Ochocinco as well
    crap

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

pats are killing this offseason, as usual... chad ocho as well... very dangerous.... BB knows what he's doing, always making great moves

doylfish

Ocho is a better move than Haynesworth even I think..in terms of projecting how he'll play out. We don't know where Haynesworth wanted to be and how his attitude will adjust, but we do know that washington wanted to make sure he didn't get to philly or NYG and that's why Pats had a good shot. With Ocho though, he's been BEGGING Belichik to come to NE. Guy will be in great shape and on phenomenal behavior. He never really caused bad trouble in Cincy anyway, more along Corey Dillon trouble because he was frustrated being on a losing team with coaches who don't get it. I think Ocho is gonna put on a clinic in NE w/Brady throwing to him. He's got at least two real good years left in the right environment which he'll have in NE.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Fatboy is already wigging out of practice:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...y-to-practice/

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Albert & Ocho are great pick ups hopefully bill could change there attitudes

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Fatboy is already wigging out of practice:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...y-to-practice/
    herald is a shitrag.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...urday-practice

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin View Post
    Haynesworth is a nice Pick up for any team that has a strong locker room. Having said that this isn't the locker room of 2007. Many of the LR enforcers aren't there and no one has really stepped up. It is why Moss was like he was. There isn't Harrison, bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest, Seau, Seymour Type for everyone to lean on. Brady is a strong leader on the field but not a LR enforcer. It remains to be seen if any of the new crop of players as they become vets can step up into that void.
    Im hopeing Mayo will take up the reins as i love his play.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

moss failure see 07

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Belichick rolling the dice again with a troubled, but talented, player. Costs the Pats a 5th Rounder next year, seems like this one is a steal. It's already worked with Dillon and Moss and the Pats just got the pass rusher they desperately needed.

What they did they win with Dillon and Moss?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

LOL but its so true......The public and media are so quick to lick the balls of one Bill Bellichik after ANY move made by the Pats.......sickening really

Fact of the matter is they have been a fraud for a while now in terms of NFL seasons

its good to know some arent blind. i love these pats homers on here, so clueless. let them enjoy the reg season before another playoff choke job.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Please explain how they've embarrassed themselves?

maybe you should watch the games in the playoffs pal. the pats lost as -360 faves to the jets last year. the same team they blew out in the REG season at home. your home team has lost consecutive playoff games at home the last two years and in both games werent even competetive. time to let egochick go.

First 123 Last