robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Cigar Smokers

Any tips on storing cigars if you don't have a humidor? I know you could buy something to put in the plastic bag, but any other methods? I heard the fridge, but have reservations.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

slightly moist paper towel in a plastic bag in the fridge works

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Maybe there's something but I never found anything that worked half as well as a properly set up humidor

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I would get a Humidor it's well worth it.. I smoke a Gurkha Grand Reserve daily.... Shoot me a pm Robmpink if you ever want to talk Cigars... I am posting from a Cigar store in the smoking lounge now...

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

humidor or don't buy more cigars than you can smoke at one time.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    slightly moist paper towel in a plastic bag in the fridge works
    Sam, thanks for the tip. Are you saying 1 piece of paper towel in the cigar bag? They are in the smaller zip lock cigar bags. I could put all of them in a freezer type zip lock bag. In regards to the paper towel, can you elaborate on the slightly moist part? Like use a spray bottle to spray some parts?

I was at a wedding this weekend and they had a cigar roller. The cigars are pretty good and he let me take some so i grabbed 10.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I would get a Humidor it's well worth it.. I smoke a Gurkha Grand Reserve daily.... Shoot me a pm Robmpink if you ever want to talk Cigars... I am posting from a Cigar store in the smoking lounge now...
    I smoked a few Fuente Opus X, which I wasn't impressed by. I just don't want them to get all crusty and don't think I will be smoking one everyday just to smoke it before they are dryer than Jamie Lee Curtis's honeypot.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I HEARD IF YOU PUT THE CIGARS WITH BREAD THAT WILL KEEP THEM FRESH.TAKE SOME BREAD PUT IT IN WITH THE CIGARS AND SEAL THE BAG THIS WILL KEEP THE CIGARS FRESH

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Monica Lewinski`s snapper. Worked for President Clinton!

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Freezer

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I love the aroma from cigars, just can't smoke them myself.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

BIG cigar smoker here.......humidor is only way to go....though the paper towel in a plastic bag route will work. A decent humidor can be had for about 35-40 bucks, just make sure you season it properly, and BEFORE you store cigars in it. I have a few 35-40 dollar humidors, that work just as good as some f the 200-300 dollar ones I have seen.

With the paper towel thing, make sure you use two plastic bags. One big one with the cigars in it, and then a small one thats inside the big one that is left open with the paper towel in it. So its one big bag that is sealed...and inside that bag is the cigars, and a small open plastic bag with the wet paper towel.

I just got a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Stories for father's day. Cancer never tasted so good.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    BIG cigar smoker here.......humidor is only way to go....though the paper towel in a plastic bag route will work. A decent humidor can be had for about 35-40 bucks, just make sure you season it properly, and BEFORE you store cigars in it. I have a few 35-40 dollar humidors, that work just as good as some f the 200-300 dollar ones I have seen.

With the paper towel thing, make sure you use two plastic bags. One big one with the cigars in it, and then a small one thats inside the big one that is left open with the paper towel in it. So its one big bag that is sealed...and inside that bag is the cigars, and a small open plastic bag with the wet paper towel.

I just got a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Stories for father's day. Cancer never tasted so good.
    On a serious note, how much do I have to wet the paper towel?

WvGambler

soak it, and then ring it out completely.....it needs to be completely damp....but ONLY damp. The second plastic bag is so it wont touch the stogies.

robmpink
    Update your status

soak it, and then ring it out completely.....it needs to be completely damp....but ONLY damp. The second plastic bag is so it wont touch the stogies.
    Ok, quick recap because I'm doing it after. Big zip lock that holds the stoogies. Little cigar bag in the big bag which will hold the paper towel (one or should I do 2)? Lastly, put it in the fridge/ I understand it isn't a humidor but beggers can't be choosers.

Thanks!

WvGambler

Yea. And remember, little baggy doest get sealed, so air can flow...big bag gets sealed

Id avoid fridge. Cigars should be stored between 68-72% humidity an as close to 75 degrees as you can. If your house is AC controlled then keep them all wherever you want. If not, keep them in basement where its cool and dark.

robmpink
    Update your status

Yea. And remember, little baggy doest get sealed, so air can flow...big bag gets sealed

Id avoid fridge. Cigars should be stored between 68-72% humidity an as close to 75 degrees as you can. If your house is AC controlled then keep them all wherever you want. If not, keep them in basement where its cool and dark.
    Thanks!

robmpink
    Update your status

how often do I change this paper towel?

WvGambler

Id change It every 3-4 days. If they're good cigars, id maybe even check every other day.

If the cigars start feeling hard when you lightly squeeze them, they are drying out.

They can be saved at that point, but would need a humidor.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

i heard there is a special way of storing cigars. i guess that way is you just don't smoke cigars unless you like mouth cancer. i heard that is the best way to store them though.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

anytime i go anywhere, i use the paper towel/ziplock setup and it's always been fine.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best place to store them is in your lungs. Just smoke the motherfuckers.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Just finished off my Vegas cigars, placed an order for the Acid Sampler...my friends rave about em.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

if you can, stop by your local cigar shop if you have one and see if they have any humidity packs (also called boveda packs) usually run about $3 and you can put it in a plastic bag and youre good.. just open the bag once every couple days and let the air change a little bit otherwise it will get too humid.
    Also with these things, they can directly touch the cigars, you wouldnt have to worry about the wet paper towel touching them

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

stick to blunts
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know about cigars but in prison we stored cigarettes in our asses long enough to get them in the pod

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant say they were the freshest in the world but when you dont have one they are pretty goddamn tasty

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    i heard there is a special way of storing cigars. i guess that way is you just don't smoke cigars unless you like mouth cancer. i heard that is the best way to store them though.

Lay off the meth.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

If you plan on smoking cigars frequently i would pick up a humidor. If your smoking anything halfway decent i wouldnt use anything else.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I dont know about cigars but in prison we stored cigarettes in our asses long enough to get them in the pod
    Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    cant say they were the freshest in the world but when you dont have one they are pretty goddamn tasty

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post

Lay off the meth.
    let me know how that mouth/throat cancer turns out for you. then again you're a texas hillbilly and half of the people down in that sh1thole state either smoke cigarettes/cigars, chew tobacco, or are wife beaters that live in trailer parks.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    If you plan on smoking cigars frequently i would pick up a humidor. If your smoking anything halfway decent i wouldnt use anything else.

Very true.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post
    Just finished off my Vegas cigars, placed an order for the Acid Sampler...my friends rave about em.
    They are like smoking a bottle of perfume. Best non Cuban smokes I've tried are Padrons and Cajute.

To the original poster, invest in a decent humidor if you are going to have a collection. Make sure it seals well and get a hydrometer that gauges humidity properly. You want to store them between 65-67rh. If anyone here ever wants a few good cigars, pm me and I'll send some. Got a cabinet filled with boxes.

Best humidor I've had are made by a guy in Texas. Bob Staebell. Worth the price.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

looks like the zip/paper towel is the way to go

JC02
    JC02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Check cigarsinternational.com usually have pretty good deals and deliver next day and except paypal

12 Last