TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

If you are just talking about the Dallas series, which is what I am, then you are wrong. Wade has 87 points vs Dallas, LJ 61. Wade has 26 RB vs Dallas, LJ 20, CB 20. LJ does have more assists, but just 18 to 15 against the Mavs.

No offense to anybody, but Kidd is a very good defender. Plus, Stevenson, a good defender, has been on Wade a lot.

I just can't believe so many people are saying how great Lebron is playing against the Mavs. Wade, so far, is outplaying LJ. It is Wade's team, not Lebron's. Wade is the most valuable player for the Heat by a huge margin.

I have been very surprised by the lazy defense Lebron has been playing and his lack of hustle. And, I want the Heat to win so I am not biased for Dallas. My money is on Miami, a lot of it.
    I don't see anyone saying Lebron is having a better series, but Lebron has had a better postseason. Also, if you consider Lebron lazy on defense then what does that make the rest of the league? He's been the best defender in these playoffs by far.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Wade will be the finals MVP

Lebron is not good enough

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you guys are funny...

...Heat will always be Wade's team as long as he is there, as 1 guy said he was there in 06 winning that 1st championship (rigged or not)

don't you guys get why LeBron came to Miami? because he knew that he needed all the extra superstars to get some championships... and all that, where was James in the 4th talk... oh but he played defenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LeBron is known to fold in the biggest games or when his team gets punched in the mouth... he folds as well.

LeBron can win some rings, but he will never be the man. He won't be Jordan carrying the team on offense and closing games out.... being clutch, winning the MVP of the Finals and also playing great defense. He already knew that much by the end of last year

Now that he has Wade and Bosh... he can have that shitty pivotal game 3 on the road in a hostile environment, he can disappear in the 4th on offense.... scared to take the shots... he can let Wade and Bosh take them which happened in game 3 and this time, come out a winner... unlike in the past.

Take a game 3 in the Finals with CLE's 2009 team on the road, series tied 1-1... very close game in the last few minutes... and Its almost a given that CLE would lose the game.

He can be a "winner" now... but this is exactly why I LMAO everytime retards try to compare LeQuit to the greatest of all time

Well..Miami would not have won the Chicago series if not for LeBron. Luol Deng guarded him as good as anybody can guard him in the league and he still came up huge every single game. Wade was a complete no-show in the Chicago series.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    I don't see anyone saying Lebron is having a better series, but Lebron has had a better postseason. Also, if you consider Lebron lazy on defense then what does that make the rest of the league? He's been the best defender in these playoffs by far.
    All you spoke about was this series and the matchups. You then mentioned LJ was leading in every thing. Well, you can't have it both ways. Either just talk about this series, your mismatches, etc, or talk about the playoffs.

You obviously did not watch Lebron on the Dallas run in Game 2 when he did not even try to get back to guard Terry on the fast break. You obviously did not watch Marion blow by Lebron in Games 1 & 2 for easy layups. You must have missed Dirk faking Lebron out of his jock with a left-handed layup in Game 3.

It appears you are giving Lebron the greatest credit in the world for defending against Rose, a guy 7 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter during fourth quarter possessions in the Chicago series. Yes, he did a great job. Why hasn't Lebron guarded Dirk (except for the time he was embarrassed in his matador defense) if he is such a great defender? Can he only guard against undersized players?

Yes, Lebron can play very good defense. But he has not done so in the Dallas series. Break out your TIVO. I am very surprised he has been so inefficient defensively. I was expecting a more focused performance.

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by scholesy View Post
    Well..Miami would not have won the Chicago series if not for LeBron. Luol Deng guarded him as good as anybody can guard him in the league and he still came up huge every single game. Wade was a complete no-show in the Chicago series.
    Good point, but I don't know if Miami would not have won the Chicago series if not for Lebron. He was more valuable than Wade in that series, you are right.

It's interesting how it is closer to the opposite in the Dallas series.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Heats would be stupid to not take advantage of Jason Kidd 38 year old @ss, so this Series happens to work in Wade favor. In the regular season and most of the playoffs, Lebron carried this team. In the regular season the Heats is hands down Lebron's team.

TheThreeKings

All you spoke about was this series and the matchups. You then mentioned LJ was leading in every thing. Well, you can't have it both ways. Either just talk about this series, your mismatches, etc, or talk about the playoffs.

You obviously did not watch Lebron on the Dallas run in Game 2 when he did not even try to get back to guard Terry on the fast break. You obviously did not watch Marion blow by Lebron in Games 1 & 2 for easy layups. You must have missed Dirk faking Lebron out of his jock with a left-handed layup in Game 3.

It appears you are giving Lebron the greatest credit in the world for defending against Rose, a guy 7 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter during fourth quarter possessions in the Chicago series. Yes, he did a great job. Why hasn't Lebron guarded Dirk (except for the time he was embarrassed in his matador defense) if he is such a great defender? Can he only guard against undersized players?

Yes, Lebron can play very good defense. But he has not done so in the Dallas series. Break out your TIVO. I am very surprised he has been so inefficient defensively. I was expecting a more focused performance.
    Honestly the standard this guy is held to is absolutely unreal. You can recall the 3 plays he got beat on easily because there are so few of them that they surprise you when they happen. I've watched every single possession of every game. No guy does more on defense than Lebron. Whether it's weakside shot blocking, safety-like anticipation. or lockdown defense so good that the best bench scorer in the league hasn't been able to get a point.

Did you really just downplay his ability to shut down Rose because he is big? Don't you think every other team would have just thrown a big game on Rose if the was the secret? There is no other player in the league with the size, quickness, and defensive knowledge to do to Rose what Lebron did.

Lebron hasn't guarded Dirk for a few reasons. First, Dirk's offensive game all relies on his height and high release. You aren't going to block his jumper, period. This means you have to concede that he's going to get shots off no matter what. Haslem has done a tremendous job on Dirk so far, so no reason to change that up. Instead, the Heat are using Lebron to absolutely shut down Jet, the only other Mav player with enough offensive firepower to really hurt you. Lebron hasn't given up a point to Terry in the 4th yet. Not 1. Had Bosh not momentarily frozen on Dirks hesitation in game 2 and remembered his foul to give this series could be 3-0.

TheThreeKings

Good point, but I don't know if Miami would not have won the Chicago series if not for Lebron. He was more valuable than Wade in that series, you are right.

It's interesting how it is closer to the opposite in the Dallas series.
    It's all matchups.....always has been in the playoffs.

Wojo

You can recall the 3 plays he got beat on easily because there are so few of them that they surprise you when they happen.
    First, stupid statement. I only cited 3 plays that Lebron was lazy and bad on defense. I could add many more in the Dallas series. Shawn Marion must be quite happy to see Lebron covering him.
    I've watched every single possession of every game.
    Guess what, so have I, repeatedly. I am a professional sports bettor, this is how I make my living. I guarantee you I have watched MULTIPLE times every play in every game. I have nothing else to do. I don't sell plays, I don't have a job. I have done this since you were probably in middle school.
    No guy does more on defense than Lebron. Whether it's weakside shot blocking, safety-like anticipation. or lockdown defense so good that the best bench scorer in the league hasn't been able to get a point.
    Well, then why does Wade have 5 blocks in the Dallas series to one for King James?
    Did you really just downplay his ability to shut down Rose because he is big? Don't you think every other team would have just thrown a big game on Rose if the was the secret?
    I will say it again, Lebron is a great defender, when he wants to be.

Lebron hasn't guarded Dirk for a few reasons. First, Dirk's offensive game all relies on his height and high release. You aren't going to block his jumper, period. This means you have to concede that he's going to get shots off no matter what. Haslem has done a tremendous job on Dirk so far, so no reason to change that up.
    It is not because Haslem is longer, both 6-8. Anthony is 6-9 but LJ is much more athletic. So, your argument is incorrect. And no, Haslem has not done a great job on Dirk. Well, if you call 34, 27, 24 points by Dirk great defense.....

Instead, the Heat are using Lebron to absolutely shut down Jet,
    You really need to watch how often (very little) LJ is on Terry. The first game he did a very good job in the second half. You claim LJ is such a great defender, but yet, he is only on Dirk on switches. Yes, I will say it again, LJ is very, very good on defense. Why is he having such lazy moments in this series? My opinion is he is so into himself that he is not playing proper defense but he is looking for that ESPN Top 10 block on defense or dunk or fadeaway 3 on offense.

And I do want Miami to win as I have a very large amount on Miami for the series. I am not a Dallas lover or an anti-Heat hater. I am talking like a professional sports bettor who is unbiased and telling it like it is.

Scorpion
    Update your status

The Heat have only one real super star*mister Wade* and one mini star (Lebron)

Scorpion
    Update your status

It's all matchups.....always has been in the playoffs.
    excuses excuses

TheThreeKings

First, stupid statement. I only cited 3 plays that Lebron was lazy and bad on defense. I could add many more in the Dallas series. Shawn Marion must be quite happy to see Lebron covering him. Guess what, so have I, repeatedly. I am a professional sports bettor, this is how I make my living. I guarantee you I have watched MULTIPLE times every play in every game. I have nothing else to do. I don't sell plays, I don't have a job. I have done this since you were probably in middle school. Well, then why does Wade have 5 blocks in the Dallas series to one for King James?
    I will say it again, Lebron is a great defender, when he wants to be.

It is not because Haslem is longer, both 6-8. Anthony is 6-9 but LJ is much more athletic. So, your argument is incorrect. And no, Haslem has not done a great job on Dirk. Well, if you call 34, 27, 24 points by Dirk great defense.....

You really need to watch how often (very little) LJ is on Terry. The first game he did a very good job in the second half. You claim LJ is such a great defender, but yet, he is only on Dirk on switches. Yes, I will say it again, LJ is very, very good on defense. Why is he having such lazy moments in this series? My opinion is he is so into himself that he is not playing proper defense but he is looking for that ESPN Top 10 block on defense or dunk or fadeaway 3 on offense.

And I do want Miami to win as I have a very large amount on Miami for the series. I am not a Dallas lover or an anti-Heat hater. I am talking like a professional sports bettor who is unbiased and telling it like it is.
    Correcting you is getting irritating. I didn't say Haslem guards Dirk because he's longer. I said Dirk is going to get off a jump shot against whoever guards him, so why waste Lebron on him? Haslem has done a phenominal job so far on Dirk and the fact that you don't realize that tells me how little you truly watch and quickly you rush to judgments. Dirk is shooting below 40% against Haslem. He is above 50% against the other Heat defenders. No other defender has held Dirk below 40% in the playoffs.

Marion is not happy to have Lebron guard him, that's for sure. Most of Marion's points have come with Lebron on the bench or off of late-shot clock plays involving heavy defensive rotations. I can only recall one postup in which Marion went at Lebron and scored.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

1. The reason why Lebron does not guard Dirk is because he doesn't want to spend so much energy defensively. You need to understand how much it takes out of you when you guard Dirk.

2. Lebron is a much better perimeter defender than post defender.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most of you guys just don't understand the game. It's all about mismatches, and always has been. Wade is a much bigger mismatch for Dallas. Kidd, Stevenson, and Terry just can't stay near his quickness, so Miami is going to exploit that all day long. The Mavs have been hard-trapping every pick and roll Lebron has run, plus Marion is a solid defender, so Lebron has taken more of a facilitator role this series. Even so, Lebron still leads the team in points, assists, steals, minutes, and is second in rebounds by 1 to Bosh. The guy is doing everything out there.

One other thing to note: Those of you who claimed at the beginning of the season that Wade and Lebron can't coexist because of how similar they are clearly don't watch their games closely. In a half-court set these guys play with two very different styles. Because of this, one of them will always have the upper hand on whatever defense they face. Wade had the better matchup in Boston, Lebron in Chicago, and now Wade in Dallas.
    What is the drastic difference between Boston and Chicago's D that causes such an immediate advantage/disadvantage for one or the other?

Wojo

I didn't say Haslem guards Dirk because he's longer.
    I can only recall one postup in which Marion went at Lebron and scored.
    You are right, I did make the wrong conclusion. Sorry for doing that, pretty dumb*ss job by me.

Where are you getting your primary defender statistics? I have not seen anything such as Dirk hitting 40% when Haslem is on him. Using Stat-cube, it shows Dirk and Haslem have been on court together for 77 minutes. It shows Dirk's overall FG% in those 77 minutes to be 50%. In the 48 minutes for Dirk without Haslem on the court, it shows he is shooting 39%.

Stat-cube does not show whether Haslem was guarding Dirk for all of his minutes on the court. It just shows stats for when both players are on the court together.

It appears you have more accurate numbers than I do, that is why I am asking where you got them.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by scholesy View Post

Good point, but I don't know if Miami would not have won the Chicago series if not for Lebron. He was more valuable than Wade in that series, you are right. It's interesting how it is closer to the opposite in the Dallas series.

It shouldn't of been. Wade had Bogans guarding him in Chicago, how could he not take advantage of that? Lebron had one of the better defenders at SF guarding him and took control. Now Wade has Kidd guarding him. I believe that Wade took the Chicago series off, letting Lebron exert all his energy in that series, so Wade could be full strength for the Finals so he could be MVP.

That is exactly what everyone wants. All the fans, all the writers, every fukkin person (besides lebron fans). Everyone will be talking shit about how Lebron had to team up with 2 other All Stars to win championships, and look at him now he won't even be Finals MVP, because he's not good. It's obvious that everyone will be talking shit about Lebron even though he won a Championship, they'll still say, ohh he's not even the best player on the team, because he didn't win the Finals MVP. But it doesn't matter that he's been D'ing up Quality players every series, it doesn't matter that he's played the most minutes in the playoffs, it doesn't matter that he's led his team in every single category. All that matters is that Wade got Finals MVP.

It's quite pathetic. I'm a Lebron fan. I'm a Wade Fan. But I'm from Chicago and a Bulls fan. D Rose got MVP because he was the best player on the best regular season team (he also had very good stats), but if they don't look at the best player on the best team, we all know Lebron had the stats to win the MVP again, and the team didn't live up to the hype during the season, but they've come alive in the playoffs.

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I believe that Wade took the Chicago series off, letting Lebron exert all his energy in that series, so Wade could be full strength for the Finals so he could be MVP.

It's obvious that everyone will be talking shit about Lebron even though he won a Championship, they'll still say, ohh he's not even the best player on the team, because he didn't win the Finals MVP. All that matters is that Wade got Finals MVP.

D Rose got MVP because he was the best player on the best regular season team (he also had very good stats), but if they don't look at the best player on the best team, we all know Lebron had the stats to win the MVP again, and the team didn't live up to the hype during the season, but they've come alive in the playoffs.
    You are right, Ngates. Lebron won the Chicago series for Miami on offense and defense. There was talk that Wade had a bad shoulder, don't know how true that is. I am tired of the Big 3 circus, tired of how James complains on every call against him (Not picking on LJ as I am also tired that some other stars do that, too.)

But I am not tired of watching great basketball and James, Wade, and Dirk are playing great basketball. I am guilty of being too hard on James at times, I guess my expectations are too high for his performance.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are right, Ngates. Lebron won the Chicago series for Miami on offense and defense. There was talk that Wade had a bad shoulder, don't know how true that is. I am tired of the Big 3 circus, tired of how James complains on every call against him (Not picking on LJ as I am also tired that some other stars do that, too.) But I am not tired of watching great basketball and James, Wade, and Dirk are playing great basketball. I am guilty of being too hard on James at times, I guess my expectations are too high for his performance.

James bitches every single time he gets a foul called on him, it's sickening. Watching that Bulls/Heat series (I had the Heat) It was disgusting to see him bitching every time something didn't go his way, but if you stepped back and looked at it, the Heat got EVERY SINGLE FOUL CALL that series.

I want the Heat to win this series against the Mavs. I don't give a shit who wins finals MVP, it's fun basketball to watch and that's what matters to me. Everybody should be hard on James because he was the 2 time defending MVP, the best player in the league, Everyone had huge expectations of HIM coming into this season.

You notice that you didn't see on ESPN every day shit talking going on about Wade during the Chicago series, because the Heat were winning and Lebron and Bosh were playing well. Yet the Heat are winning against the Mavs and what's the bigger story? The "dynasty" may win it's first championship in their first year together, or is it how "bad" lebron is playing. The media and fans love to hate.

Plain and simple. The Heat wouldn't win if Wade wasn't playing and they wouldn't win if Lebron wasn't playing.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    James bitches every single time he gets a foul called on him, it's sickening. Watching that Bulls/Heat series (I had the Heat) It was disgusting to see him bitching every time something didn't go his way, but if you stepped back and looked at it, the Heat got EVERY SINGLE FOUL CALL that series.
    Lebron:

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Honestly the standard this guy is held to is absolutely unreal. You can recall the 3 plays he got beat on easily because there are so few of them that they surprise you when they happen. I've watched every single possession of every game. No guy does more on defense than Lebron. Whether it's weakside shot blocking, safety-like anticipation. or lockdown defense so good that the best bench scorer in the league hasn't been able to get a point.

Did you really just downplay his ability to shut down Rose because he is big? Don't you think every other team would have just thrown a big game on Rose if the was the secret? There is no other player in the league with the size, quickness, and defensive knowledge to do to Rose what Lebron did.

Lebron hasn't guarded Dirk for a few reasons. First, Dirk's offensive game all relies on his height and high release. You aren't going to block his jumper, period. This means you have to concede that he's going to get shots off no matter what. Haslem has done a tremendous job on Dirk so far, so no reason to change that up. Instead, the Heat are using Lebron to absolutely shut down Jet, the only other Mav player with enough offensive firepower to really hurt you. Lebron hasn't given up a point to Terry in the 4th yet. Not 1. Had Bosh not momentarily frozen on Dirks hesitation in game 2 and remembered his foul to give this series could be 3-0.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I love coming back into these threads afterwards. I honestly believe people who are so far off and write so confidently should be punished somehow. 1 week suspension? Ban them from the NBA forum going forward? If anyone ever believed Lebron was the leader of the Heat, they should not be allowed to share their thoughts in these forums.

Lebron was proven to be overrated. Wade proved to carry the team in the 4th quarter. If anyone saw Wade scold Lebron in game 3, or the way Lebron composed himself in the 4th quarter of every game, they obviously know The Heat is Wade's team.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

lebron is better than d wade.. even d wade said it tons of times.. come on.. no contest here

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

wherever lebron goes it will be his team. Wade is simply not as media worthy.

First 123