Betpoints: 1066

wow i got 2 parlays
    vir/ tx am
    vir/vir under/a&m/a&m over
    plus a&m straight
    hope we get this

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just called the PD in Tallahassee to report a 187 in progress.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Nice firedawg, its looking good but its still early. Lets go Wacha!

EaglesPhan36

11-2 after 7.

EaglesPhan36

DOGPILE!

Regionals Record: 11-10 [+2.10]
    Futures: 2-0 [+4.40]
    -----------------------------------
    Super Regionals Record: 8-5 [+4.05]
    Futures: 0-2 [-2.00]

Futures not quite as good this round, but still a money maker overall. Will have some preview action for the College World Series up this Thursday or Friday for anyone who cares. Pretty solid field of teams. Gotta think the SEC finds a way with those teams to win again, but realistically any of these teams has a shot.

Vanderbilt
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    California

CharlestonCock

Great Super Regional everybody, great calls again eagle. Omaha here we come!

ahayes
    ahayes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

South Carolina will win it all

EaglesPhan36

Think these are the correct brackets & 1st round games:

Virginia v. California
    A&M v. South Carolina
    -----------------
    Florida v. Texas
    Vanderbilt v. North Carolina

CharlestonCock

Thats correct. here is a good breakdown http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2011 Click on CWS Teams In Box

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Does anyone have the futures list to win it all.......Would like to throw a little on my South Carolina Gamecocks to repeat

CC.....were you at the Super Regionals? The atmosphere looked amazing on TV....Some of my friends were there,and said it was awesome...... I just graduated in December and live back home in NJ now

EaglesPhan36

I don't think any books have them up right now. Think they had some prior to the end of the Supers. My guess by the draws are that Virginia is probably the favorite. Then Vanderbilt and South Carolina pretty close in price. Florida maybe a shade behind those two, but would not be surprised if they were in the same price range as Vandy & SC. Longest shot obviously will be Cal. I think Texas, A&M and UNC will all be around the same price. Probably be up at 5Dimes in the next day or two. I'll post them as soon as I see them. I think the Cocks have a tough draw. They're probably going to have to beat two of the best pitching staffs in the country in A&M and UVA to make the Championship Series. SC has to win their opener IMO because they're either going to start Roth vs. A&M and cannot lose that match-up or hold him for the 2nd game expecting to win and face Virginia.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I don't think any books have them up right now. Think they had some prior to the end of the Supers. My guess by the draws are that Virginia is probably the favorite. Then Vanderbilt and South Carolina pretty close in price. Florida maybe a shade behind those two, but would not be surprised if they were in the same price range as Vandy & SC. Longest shot obviously will be Cal. I think Texas, A&M and UNC will all be around the same price. Probably be up at 5Dimes in the next day or two. I'll post them as soon as I see them. I think the Cocks have a tough draw. They're probably going to have to beat two of the best pitching staffs in the country in A&M and UVA to make the Championship Series. SC has to win their opener IMO because they're either going to start Roth vs. A&M and cannot lose that match-up or hold him for the 2nd game expecting to win and face Virginia.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't want to face Roth if I were A&M, and I wouldn't want to face SC at all if I were another team......They are a very,very solid all around team with plenty of big game experience

The Gamecocks hit UCONN's 1st starter, who was a first round pick, pretty easily

I honestly think it will be SC vs. Vandy for the championship, but no one would really surprise me except for Cal......A lot of very good, very even teams here in the CWS

CharlestonCock

Yea I was up in Columbia for the weekend and it was a great atmosphere, the Carolina faithful showed up in full force and it certainly was a factor in the game. It would be amazing if we somehow win the CWS back to back. I think Florida has a good chance this year, wish you could bet on which conference will take it haha.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    On the other hand, I wouldn't want to face Roth if I were A&M, and I wouldn't want to face SC at all if I were another team......They are a very,very solid all around team with plenty of big game experience The Gamecocks hit UCONN's 1st starter, who was a first round pick, pretty easily I honestly think it will be SC vs. Vandy for the championship, but no one would really surprise me except for Cal......A lot of very good, very even teams here in the CWS
    Barnes [UConn stud] got hit hard in the regionals too. Not that I don't agree on SC being a solid, solid team, but Barnes did not look good in big games. For me still after Roth, their pitching can be hit. The benefit for SC is that none of the teams in their bracket is a powerhouse offense that may take advantage of their #2 or #3. UVA can put up runs, but good pitching can shut them down. A&M can hit bad pitching, but they will struggle against better pitching. Cal is another one with a decent offense, but not one that is scary. If that bracket doesn't come down to Virginia or South Carolina, I'd be surprised - although A&M will be a very tough out.

Hook'em98
    Hook'em98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 513

Here were the odds at The Greek around 11:00 this morning.

To Win Bracket 1 To Win Bracket 2
    Florida +150 Virginia +150
    Vandy +175 USC +200
    UNC +325 A&M +350
    Texas +400 Cal +500

To Win CWS
    Florida +200
    Virginia +250
    Vandy +300
    USC +500
    UNC +550
    Texas +650
    A&M +800
    Cal +1200

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Go Cal

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

kind of liking unc

EaglesPhan36

5Dimes Futures To Win Title

Virginia +300
    Vanderbilt +350
    Florida +450
    S.Carolina +550
    N.Carolina +600
    Texas +800
    Texas A&M +900
    Cal +1200

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

when they resume play eagle

EaglesPhan36

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

The line on the defending champs is dropping. Got it at +635 Tuesday and its at +500 now. Hooray for homer bets!

EaglesPhan36

More 5Dimes odds

To Win Bracket One

Vanderbilt +190
    Florida +225
    North Carolina +350
    Texas +390

To Win Bracket Two

Virginia +140
    South Carolina +245
    Texas A&M +415
    California +450

I'll have my take on the CWS up probably later tonight. Looking at the two games on Saturday. The under for Vanderbilt-NC is 9.5 at -175 @ 5Dimes.

Just lower it to 8.5 already you fukks.

EaglesPhan36

A NEW ERA: TD AMERITRADE PARK
    This is the first year that the CWS will be held at the new TD Ameritrade Park after Rosenblatt Stadium housed the CWS for the past 60 years. TD Ameritrade Park was home to the Creighton Bluejays during the 2011 season and from all accounts, this park is going to play bigger than Rosenblatt. The park is 335 down the lines, 375 to the alleys and 408 to straight-away center. While those dimensions are exact to Rosenblatt, TD Ameritrade sits 90 degrees off the Rosenblatt layout. What does that mean? The stiff Summer south winds that would carry balls out on a jet stream in Rosenblatt will not have that same impact at TD Ameritrade. That wind will now essentially blow across the field from right field to left. So a power club like Florida may not necessarily have a bigger advantage this year. Gap hitting will likely be a key element for teams that win in Omaha this year. That still works into Florida's favor here as they have great gap power, but teams like Virginia, Vanderbilt and even a lighter hitting Texas squad can have success here.

So does this necessarily mean UNDERs are going to be large at this year's College World Series? Maybe, maybe not. I think if we see a slew of unders, it will be due to the glut of talented pitching we see on every team in this field. Every one of these eight teams has two solid starters and at least half of them can throw out a pretty stout arm as their third starter. So remember when you look at the wind speeds and direction this year at TD Ameritrade, winds blowing with the west, southwest and northwest will be more conducive to the balls traveling better. If they are blowing from the east, northeast or southeast, it could be a pitcher's day in store.

CWS FIELD BY THE NUMBERS

BA R HR SLG % OB % SB
    California 0.288 324 31 0.405 0.358 46-71
    Florida 0.311 435 67 0.468 0.383 56-85
    N.Carolina 0.289 445 39 0.421 0.395 83-104
    S.Carolina 0.296 397 45 0.433 0.389 39-57
    Texas 0.272 345 17 0.378 0.374 75-95
    Texas A&M 0.293 398 29 0.405 0.367 107-143
    Vanderbilt 0.319 442 47 0.456 0.406 78-107
    Virginia 0.306 456 24 0.419 0.388 87-119

ERA IP H BB K FLD %

California 2.82 529.2 451 167 454 0.974
    Florida 3.01 598 558 121 504 0.975
    N.Carolina 3.26 572.1 525 215 577 0.979
    S.Carolina 2.60 568.2 477 206 499 0.973
    Texas 2.27 599.2 420 186 555 0.982
    Texas A&M 2.88 609.2 545 171 506 0.976
    Vanderbilt 2.38 548 433 180 529 0.973
    Virginia 2.26 573 431 144 626 0.980

BRACKET ONE

Rating The Offenses

(1) FLORIDA
    The self-proclaimed "Gorilla" ballers are the clear cut class of this bracket as far as offense goes. The Gators are batting .311, good for #16 in Division One and they rank 12th in runs scored with 435. Florida has been on a huge roll through the Regionals and Super Regionals with 55 runs in six games. Catcher Mike Zunino is the glue in the middle of the order, leading the Gators offensive bite with 18 homers and 66 RBI. Preston Tucker leads the team with 68 RBI. Florida is not a team full of speed with just 56 stolen bases, but they are a team based on power with 67 team home runs and 135 doubles. Watch outfielder Daniel Pigott. He doesn't get the publicity of Zunino or Tucket, but he hit .339 and leads the team with 15 steals.

(2) VANDERBILT
    The Commodores rank 11th in Division One with 442 runs scored. They are hitting .319, which is good for 5th in the country. Vanderbilt has been every bit the monster that Florida has been offensively in the postseason. Vandy has tallied 46 runs in five games in the Regionals and Super Regionals. The Commodores pack a powerful 1-2 combination with Jason Esposito and Aaron Westlake. Esposito paces the team with a .357 averager and adds in a team best 59 RBI. Westlake brings the power with 17 long balls and 54 RBI. Westlake also sports a solid .353 average. Vandy does possess some solid base stealing threats with Esposito and team leader Mike Yastrzemski who was 22 of 25 on the base paths. Vandy is just a bit short of Florida in the power department with 47 home runs.

(3) NORTH CAROLINA
    The Tar Heels offense doesn't offer the flash of Florida or Vanderbilt, but they have been effective. UNC is hitting .289 as a team, having scored 445 runs. They are not heavy in the power department with just 39 home runs on the season. They are led by ACC Freshman of the Year, Colin Moran. Moran led the squad in batting average, home runs and RBI at .335, 9 HR and 69 RBI. The Heels spread productivity across their batting order with four other players with 38 or more RBI. What makes UNC dangerous is their ability to swipe a bag. The Heels have 83 steals in 104 tries. Four Heels' regulars have stolen at least ten bases. Carolina doesn't often hang crooked numbers on the scoreboard with only 16 double digit run scoring games out of 64, but they are good at churning out 5 or 6 per game and believe that with their pitching, that is going to be good enough most games.

(4) TEXAS
    The Longhorns continue to play "Augie Ball" and have been able to parlay that into a trip to Omaha. This is a team without impressive numbers offensively. UT has the lowest batting average at this year's College World Series at just .272. What the Horns do is execute when runners get on base. Texas leads the nation in sacrifices with 109. Texas isn't without some talent in their batting order with Erich Weiss, Brandon Loy and Tant Shepherd all batting over .300. Weiss is the cleanup man and he leads the team with 44 RBI. Shephered is second with 40 RBI. The Longhorns have only scored 345 runs, an average of just over five runs per game. It sounds adequate, but in the NCAA, it ranks them 84th in Division One and that is a higher ranking due to the Horns added postseason games. Texas is a good base running team with some speed, 75 steals in 95 tries. Their big three will be counted on to come up with clutch hits and the other six men in the order will be called on to get on based and execute "Augie Ball" to perfection.

Rating the Pitching

(1) TEXAS
    Texas ranks 2nd behind only Virginia in Team ERA at 2.27. They are one of the teams in this year's field that does not have to worry about who is third in their rotation. They have a solid 1-2-3 combination with Taylor Jungmann, Sam Stafford and Cole Green. Jungmann has shown his human side in his last two starts, losing his only two starts of the season to Kent State and Arizona State. Still, this is their stud with a 1.38 ERA who can be counted on to usually give up no more than two or three runs. Stafford sports a 1.72 ERA and while Green has an ERA of 3.03, his experience in the postseason is a huge plus for the Longhorns. Their bullpen is deep and anchored by closer Corey Knebel who has 19 saves and a 1.15 ERA. Look for Hoby Milner to be an important swingman for the Horns as a guy who can pitch in long relief or bridge the gap to Knebel. UT's offense may let them down in Omaha, but their pitching likely will not.

(2) VANDERBILT
    Any team that starts Sonny Gray as their #1 is going to have a chance to do some things in this sort of set-up. Gray is a dominant force. He is 12-3 with a 1.97 ERA, averaging more than a strikeout per inning. Opponents have batted just .191 off him. The A's first round pick features a fastball that has topped out in the upper 90s and a plus curveball to go along with a decent changeup. Gray must set the tone for this staff. Junior Grayson Garvin is the solid #2 option with a 13-1 mark and a 2.36 ERA. He isn't chock full of experience as far as the number of starts he's amassed, but he has good postseason experience from last year and this year with Vandy that should pay dividends. Taylor Hill is the 3rd option with a 2.84 ERA. The bullpen has a bevy of arms, highlighted by closer Navery Moore. Moore locked down 11 saves and has a ridiculous 1.21 ERA. Of their most used pitchers, ten Vanderbilt players have ERAs under 3.00.

(3) FLORIDA
    I give Florida's pitching a slight edge over North Carolina due to their depth. The Gators start with Hudson Randall. The super sophomore leads the Gators starters with a 2.29 ERA and has pinpoint control. Randall has walked just 12 batters in 110 IP. He comes in off a season-best 8 innings against Mississippi State in the Super Regionals. Randall brings experience as well with this being Florida's second straight trip to Omaga. Freshman Karsten Whitson is a talent. He is 8-0 with a 2.45 ERA, striking out 83 batters in 88 IP. He would be a #1 on a lot of teams. The Gators can also go to experienced guys in Alex Panteliodis and Brian Johnson during the CWS. Johnson should be making his return after a concussion kept him out of the Regionals and Super Regionals. Panteliodis brings experience. An X-factor is their closer Austin Maddox who missed the Supers with a sprained foot and has not pitched since June 3rd. Florida has a capable fill-in in Nick Maronde and the bullpen has been fairly solid, but it would look much better with Maddox at the end.

(4) NORTH CAROLINA
    North Carolina has a 3.26 Team ERA this season, but don't let that fool you. Their top two pitchers are as good as any in this bracket. That is especially applicable to Senior Patrick Johnson. Johnson has been nothing short of phenomenal in the last month. He had a lengthy scoreless innings streak broken up in the Super Regionals against Stanford, but still has just a 2.27 ERA and brings a 13-1 record. His stuff is flat out nasty as evident with 120 strikeouts in 107 IP. He has walked just 30 batters. Up second is freshman Kent Emanuel. The lefty will be a key I think to the Heels future in Omaha. As a southpaw, he could neutralize some of the lefties in these powerhouse batting orders in Omaha. Emanuel has shown the inconsistencies of youth at times with a .254 batting average against and he does struggle some times to go deep into games. If UNC can get six quality innings from him when he goes, they should feel fantastic about their chances. Where UNC may find trouble is if they have to go to a #3 in Chris Munnelly. Munnelly has an ERA over 4.00. The bullpen is led by closer Michael Morin who inherited the job mid-season. He's been solid since. The Heels have some solid arms in their pen, but clearly have the worst bullpen among the teams in this bracket.

BRACKET TWO

Rating the Offenses

(1) VIRGINIA
    The Wahoos come in with a .306 team batting average. This is a gap hitting team that has racked up 145 doubles, but just 24 home runs. Virginia though is a team with seven hitters who had a .300 or better average and a team that has 456 runs scored. That ranks 5th in Division One. John Hicks and Steven Proscia are the straws that stir the UVA drink. The dynamic duo combinated for 115 RBI, 15 home runs and both guys batted .335 or better. Virginia can also steal a bag when needed as they have 87 steals in 119 attempts. The #1 and #2 hitters are keys here with Chris Taylor and John Barr. Those guys must get on base for the meat of the order. While this group can be potent, there will be some question marks surrounding them after UC-Irvine held UVA in-check for the majorty of the last two games of the Super Regionals. Good pitching can shut this group down.

(2) SOUTH CAROLINA
    The Gamecocks don't have a flashy offense, but they are hitting .296 as a team. South Carolina scored five runs or more in four straight to finish off their postseason run, but they are a team that has only hung double digits ten times this season. Christian Walker is the stud of this group. He led SC with ten home runs and 60 RBI along with a .359 batting average. Walker is a guy who can single handedly push this offense. Outside of Walker, it's a lineup with steady bats and production. Six of the regulars have 30 or more RBI. Only Scott Wingo and Brady Thomas join Walker as Gamecocks batting better than .300. South Carolina won't scare anyone with their base stealing with just 39 steals on the season. This is a team that is going to rely on all-around contributions from 1-9 with the hope that Walker and Thomas can provide the big hits. This is a team that outside of Walker may have some troubles with left handed pitching - watch for that as the CWS moves on.

(3) TEXAS A&M
    The Aggies will head to Omaha with some confidence after pounded Florida State pitching in the Super Regionals. A&M put up 26 runs in the three game series. In the Regionals, this group tallied 24 runs in four games. They figure to have a tougher time against the quality pitching here. A&M has scored 340 runs in 66 games. That's barely five runs per game, so the outburst in Tallahassee might be an opyical illusion. Don't think they are void of solid hitting though as sophomoreTyler Naquin will pose a threat to every team. Naquin is batting .390, which has him in the Top 30 in the country. Naquin ranked third on the Aggies with 44 RBI, but paced them with 65 runs scored. A&M will look for heavy production from Matt Juengel and Jacob House who are tied for the team lead with 49 RBI. Texas A&M is in the same vein as the Texas Longhorns in that they will look to work the base paths with sacrifices when possible. They have 73, ranking 11th in Division One play in that category. Krey Bratsen is a key component of the offense with 18 sacrifices and 38 steals. As the #2 hitter behind Naquin, his execution will go a long way in determining how the Aggies' offense functions in Omaha. This is a team that can run the opposition wild with their base stealing prowess.

(4) CALIFORNIA
    The Golden Bears entered the Regionals with a ton of questions surrounding their offense. Cal entered the Houston Regional with four runs or less in nine of their last 12 games. However, they discovered some productivity with 37 runs in five games in Houston and carried that over with 13 runs in two games in the Supers against Dallas Baptist. Cal brings a .288 team average with 31 home runs and 324 runs scored. This is not a high octane or powerful offense that will face a tough task scoring against the pitching in this bracket. If Cal is to contend, Tony Renda and Chadd Krist will need to lead the way. Renda leads Cal with 43 RBI, while Krist is second with 42. Neither is a power hitter, but Krist is a superb gap hitter with 25 doubles. Four of the regular bat over .300, but outside of Krist, this is a team that will have to piece it together base-by-base with singles. Their on-base percentage is not exceptionally strong at just .358 and their base stealing numbers are poor as Cal has been thrown out 35 times in 71 attempts. For the majority of the regular season, Cal struggled against quality pitching. That means it will be a longshot for this squad to produce consistently against the likes of South Carolina, Texas A&M and Virginia.

Rating the PItching

(1) VIRGINIA
    The Cavaliers have had perhaps the best pitching staff in the country this season. UVA leads the country with a 2.26 ERA. Virginia is solid from 1-3 in their rotation, starting with Danny Hultzen. The lefty has a stellar 1.49 ERA and he's been an absolute stud. 151 strikeouts in 108.2 IP and just 20 walks. Hultzen gives Virginia a chance to win every start with minimal run support. The rotation continues with Tyler Wilson [2.29 ERA] and Will Roberts [1.58 ERA]. You won't find a better rotation in Omaha. The Cavs bullpen is not overly deep, but stopper Brendan Kline is a greathbackend option. Kline racked up 17 saves and has a 2.15 ERA. Kline did give up a lead againt UC-Irvine in the Super Regionals, but he came back in the elimination game with a solid 1.1 innings of work. Watch for Kyle Crockett as a key bridge to get to Kline.

(2) TEXAS A&M
    The top two in the A&M rotation match up as well as any in this bracket. Michael Wacha has turned into the Aggies' ace in lieu of a season ending injury to John Stilson. All Wacha has done in the Regionals and Super Regionals is toss 20.1 IP, giving up just two runs. Wacha has been on the mound for two Aggies' wins in elimination settings and they'll feel confident if he's given the same situation in Omaha. Ross Stripling is a solid righty who shut down Florida State in the Supers and has been steady all season with a 2.29 ERA. Stripling has exceptional control with just 17 walks in 117 IP and 107 strikeouts. He's got a solid combination of a low 90s fastball, good hook and a change-up. His 14-2 record this season shows that A&M knows it can win with him on the mound. The question mark for A&M comes when they go to a third starter. Derrick Hadley was the #3 in Tallahassee and he got crushed by the big boppers in the Seminoles lineup. I would not be surprised if A&M turned to someone other than the inexperienced freshman. The bullpen has a decent stopper with Joaquin Hinojosa who has eight saves and a 3.31 ERA. Nick Fleece is another solid arm, but the other members of the bullpen can be had.

(3) SOUTH CAROLINA
    Any staff with Michael Roth as the ace is a staff with the ability to compete in the College World Series format. The lefty has been one of the most reliable pitchers in the nation with a NCAA-leading 1.02 ERA. Roth has a 13-3 record and comes to Omaha with nothing but great memories from 2010. Roth dominated Clemson in the CWS last year and then came back with an unlikely follow-up performance as he shut down UCLA to lead South Carolina to the national title. A year ago, he was a swing pitcher who went between the bullpen and the rotation; now, he's the unquestioned leader of this rotation. Behind him, South Carolina will need freshman Forrest Koumas to step up big. Koumas had a solid season with a 3.07 ERA. Colby Holmes brings more experience and was the man who led the Gamecocks past UConn in the Super Regional clincher. South Carolina has a deep and talented bullpen to lead the way to closer Matt Price. If the Gamecocks get 5-6 innings from their starters that keeps them even or ahead, it will be tough for teams to get something off this quality bullpen. This is a team built opposite of most in that it will rely on its bullpen heavily in non-Roth starts.

(4) CALIFORNIA
    The Golden Bears have one large question mark heading to Omaha, will sophomore Justin Jones be able to pitch? Jones was solid against Dallas Baptist in the Super Regionals, shutting out a powerful offense over six innings. Jones though was forced from the game when he felt pain in his arm during the 7th inning. The lefty would be a big boon against the bats of South Carolina and Virginia, but his status is very much iffy at this point. Cal still has solid options behind him in Erik Johnson and Kevin Miller. Johnson was a solid starter for Cal all-season with a 2.93 ERA, but has fits of wildness with 54 walks in 102 IP. Miller had great control, allowing just 13 walks in 80 IP with a 2.59 ERA. Those two will be charged with keeping this Bears squad in these games. The bullpen may be the strength of the team with quality arms in Matt Flemer, Logan Scott and Kyle Porter. If Cal can keep games close, their pen will give their bats a chance to equalize.

COLLEGE WORLD SERIES BETTING BREAKDOWN
    Besides betting on the single games during the College World Series, futures offer some great value as you try to pad your bankroll for the next two weeks. Let's start first with the two brackets and the odds on the teams to advance out of those brackets to the Championship Series.

To Win Bracket One

Vanderbilt +190
    Florida +225
    North Carolina +350
    Texas +390

My Take: North Carolina is an intriguing selection here for the price. Obviously they have to take on Vanderbilt in their opener which could put them in the loser's bracket quickly. But, with Patrick Johnson on the mound, they could have an upset chance against Sonny Gray and the Commodores. If they could pull that off, they're looking at being able to potentially save their lefty phenom, Kent Emanuel, for a third game and go with their #3 in Game 2. Although Vanderbilt is the class of this bracket, they do not represent a better investment to me as these other teams can match up well with the Commodores. The Gators beat them three of four this season. Texas split a pair in Austin late last October. Although those were quite a bit ago, the two teams gained some familiarity with each other and their styles. I like Florida here at the moderate +225 price. The Gators experience from last year in Omaha left a sour taste in their mouthes as they lost their first two games and were sent packing. This group will have that as fuel for this year and I think that experience pays off.

To Win Bracket Two

Virginia +140
    South Carolina +245
    Texas A&M +415
    California +450

My Take: I think Virginia is a cut above the competition here because of the quality of their rotation and bullpen. Is it enough to justify them as the short favorites here? I'm not so sure. Seeing the Cavs struggle against good pitching in the Super Regionals showed the flaw of this club. Good pitching against them can equalize and give the opposition a legitimate shot to win if the backend of the bullpen is strong. All three of the teams in this bracket fit that bill, although A&M might have the weakest bullpen of the quartet. The first match-ups pit Virginia against Cal and South Carolina against A&M. Given A&M's inconsistencies offensively against good pitching, I have a hard time not seeing South Carolina and Virginia moving into the winner's bracket on day one. That being said, South Carolina at +245 to advance to the Championship Series

To Win CWS

Virginia +350
    Vanderbilt +375
    Florida +450
    South Carolina +600
    North Carolina +725
    Texas +850
    California +1200
    Texas A&M +1050

My Take: While I have Florida and South Carolina as futures to advance to the Championship Series, I think its smart strategy to go with at least one different option to win it all in addition to either Florida or South Carolina in my case. The SEC has won two straight NCAA Baseball Championships and had a team in the Championship Series for three years in a row. It is also interesting to note that the overall #1 seed [Virginia this year] has now gone since 1999 without taking home the big prize. Seven out of the last eight years, it's been a non-top eight seed surprising everyone for the title. Entering the 2011 College World Series, only California and Texas A&M come in without a top eight seeding. In going with that tradition, I take as my long shot, Texas A&M at +1050 and Florida at +450.

Futures Picks
    Florida to Win Bracket One +225
    South Carolina to Win Bracket Two +245
    Florida to Win Title: +450
    Texas A&M to Win Title: +1050
    Points Awarded:

Ace_of_Spades gave EaglesPhan36 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

InTheDrink gave EaglesPhan36 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Balco10 gave EaglesPhan36 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Nicely done EP.

EaglesPhan36

Thanks. I am going to think about the Saturday games tomorrow on the ride from Texas to Mississippi. Little pit stop in Gulfport tomorrow night for some casino action before hitting the beach in Florida on Saturday! Will post anything I like tomorrow night likely. Good luck with your plays this weekend fellas!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Nicely done EP.

Agreed

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Great stuff eagles. College Baseball is a great way to make some money this time of the year.

EaglesPhan36

Agreed. They finally lowered UNC-Vanderbilt to 8.5 @ +100.

EaglesPhan36

CWS SATURDAY, JUNE 18th: NORTH CAROLINA-VANDERBILT UNDER 9.5 [-135]
    Patrick Johnson vs. Sonny Gray in what should be a superb pitcher's duel. As outlined, TD Ameritrade Park should play to be a bit more of a pitcher's park than Rosenblatt. Winds from the northeast tomorrow is the forecast which means there will be no added aid for the batters. Johnson has been superb of late with just three runs allowed in his last 45 innings. Gray has tossed 19 innings in the postseason with just three runs allowed, two earned. Vandy pitching has allowed just seven runs through five games in the Regionals and Super Regionals and have not allowed more than three runs in eight of their last nine.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

i took the under 9 lot of totals seem too high

EaglesPhan36

Carolina bullpen blew this one.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

do you like florida in game 2?

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

SS L Nolan Fontana .301 5 47 .425 .456 .964 CF R Bryson Smith .323 2 20 .427 .445 .990 RF L Preston Tucker .314 14 68 .390 .553 .994 C R Mike Zunino .376 18 66 .444 .686 .996 2B R Josh Adams .329 6 42 .366 .457 .982 LF L Tyler Thompson .273 1 17 .321 .384 1.000 DH/LF R Daniel Pigot .339 5 39 .383 .490 .970 1B R Vickash Ramjit .394 1 7 .442 .507 .985 3B L Cody Dent .191 0 5 .333 .191 .952 1B/P R **Austin Maddox .280 6 35 .327 .363 .985 DH/P/1B L **Brian Johnson .312 5 27 .383 .480 .966

With Maddox and Johnson out with make for a close game I believe if Texas starter can bounce back.
    The line was -185 and currently -170...
    I personally feel Florida is too strong overall, but there were bounce in the first round last year.
    Sure their better for it, but will wait and watch the line movement up til game time.
    Last edited by Balco10; 06-18-11 at 04:33 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah I am going Florida ML @ -170 at the SBR book.

EaglesPhan36

1-1 today. Okay start. Under really looked good until late when the UNC bullpen served it up. Good start for the Florida future - can't wait for Vandy-Florida on Monday. Will have a play, maybe two for Sunday.

First ... 45678910 Last