EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under cashes. UNC won 5-2.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I'm on Jungmann and the Horns tonight. GLTA

Anyone have an early line on Gamecocks/Huskies tomorrow? Roth/Barnes should be a great matchup...if UConn has an edge anytime this is it....I have no idea what kinda number they'll be getting in Game 1.

EaglesPhan36

UConn +305
    S.Carolina -425

I'll have plays for tomorrow and futures up after the ASU-UT game. All the futures I was interested in are involving teams playing on Saturday.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Great calls so far bud. No play on the Vandy game?

EaglesPhan36

No, I am passing on that one. Oregon State is a little bit of a wildcard to me in this one because they have a stud pitching and at times, they have absolutely looked like they could beat anyone even if their numbers don't really show it. I think if they were going to steal a game, it would be this one. Vandy should be too good, but they were a team last year in the Supers that I thought choked under pressure. I think that experience should pay off this year, but I didn't really like the numbers for that game.

EaglesPhan36

And Vandy puts up a four spot early. Nighty night Beavers.

EaglesPhan36

Super Regionals Record: 3-0 [+3.30]

Sun Devils win 3-1. UT really shot themselves in the foot in one inning with bad fielding which is unusual for them, but it works for me. Gonna post up tomorrow's stuff here shortly.

EaglesPhan36

SUPER REGIONALS FUTURES

UCONN TO ADVANCE TO CWS
    [+500]
    This is far too good to pass up for me. Yes, UConn will have to beat the defending National Champs [South Carolina] to get there. However, this is a good matchup for this team. UConn has the pitching to stick with the Gamecocks and boasts a potent offense that I think can give them an edge over SC in this best of 3 setting. This is another price that I do not think accurately reflects how close the talent levels of these two teams are. So I'll thank the books for over juicing the defending champs and take a shot at big odds.

DALLAS BAPTIS ADVANCES TO CWS [+480]

An absolutely ridiculous price here. Yes, California is from the powerhouse Pac-10 and the program with the rich baseball tradition. This is also a team that was one inning away from going home before getting a little help from Baylor in the Houston Regional. Dallas Baptist is the "small school" that no one knows. While Joe Public may not know, you should know. This DBU club played a challenging non-conference schedule against teams like Oklahoma State, TCU, Rice, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor that made this year's regionals. The Patriots went 6-4 against those clubs + beating both OU & TCU again in the regionals. This series is much more close to even than these odds suggest and provides big bang for your buck.

CharlestonCock

Well I dont like your UConn pick for obvious reasons but i love the DBU pick. Anything on the games?

EaglesPhan36

Working on one of these early ones. Really wanted to go on the Florida-MSU over, but I'm not sure that the MSU lefty doesn't neutralize Florida's lineup enough to keep that one under. It's an identical pitching match-up to the only game in five tries between the two that wound up under double digits. I know it's a bigger stage, but Routt was solid vs. Georgia Tech too. So passing on that and they increased Florida to -3.5 today which may not cover if the pitcher's duel unfolds. Will have something here shortly.

CharlestonCock

Thanks eagle!

EaglesPhan36

CHARLOTTESVILLE REGIONAL: [GAME 1] IRVINE-VIRGINIA UNDER 8.5 [+100]
    Premium pitching match-up with Irvine's Matt Summers and UVA's Danny Hultzen. You flat out know what you're going to get with lefty Hultzen, a difficult guy to hit who does not give up much and racks up strikeouts. Summers is a breakout star for the Anteaters as nothing really indicated that this guy was going to become the staff ace based on his past two season. Summers though has an electric fastball, solid curve and a weird arm angle on his delivery that may be a key to throwing off hitters. Summers was solid against Fresno in the regionals, allowing a couple runs in six innings. Hultzen dominated Navy in a 6-0 Cavs shutout. Both teams are similar in numbers offensively, but Virginia has been the more consistent team with its gap hitting power. Neither team hits a ton of home runs, so base runners via walks and/or errors could be a key with the total today. Both teams regularly field the ball well. Hultzen walked just 17 in over 100 innings. Summers walked 31 in 96 IP, but made up for that with about a strikeout per inning and an opponent batting average of .180. He's the key to me here if this is going to be the pitcher's duel that is expected. Being the Big West, Irvine has not faced a challenge like UVA ... so Summers has to be at his absolute best.

EaglesPhan36

CHAPEL HILL REGIONAL: [GAME 2] STANFORD +155
    UNC got great pitching as expected from Patrick Johnson in route to a 5-2 win in the Super Regional opener on Friday. Mark Appel was solid as he allowed two earned in six innings pitched, but the Stanford offense like most others against Johnson recently were unable to get things together. Nothing to be ashamed of as Johnson went 30.2 IP, including most of yesterday's game without giving up a run. Today, UNC turns to frosh Kent Emanuel. He had little issue in shutting down Maine in the regionals, a 4-0 Heels win. Jordan Pries goes for the Cardinal. Pries was superb in the Fullerton Regional. limiting Fullerton to one hit in a 1-0 game. That's part of the reason I like Stanford today. Pries is a junior, a veteran and outdueled one of the better pitchers in the country in Noe Ramirez in that Fullerton game. Now, he draws a freshman who is talented, but can be hit. Emanuel is a big strikeout pitcher, but did have a .257 batting average against. This should be another tight game and the thing Stanford can do is work the count and get Emanuel out of the game in the 5th or 6th. The Heels bullpen has some quality arms, but the Cardinal will feel like they can get to them after scoring a couple late in the game off the pen.

EaglesPhan36

Wow! Mississippi State with a walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th to STUN Florida. Great win for them, but they're still in major trouble on Sunday. They'll be starting a weaker pitcher and they used their closer for big innings today meaning their bullpen will be depleted. In any case, big turn of events.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I took them today since they were the designated home team and needed the game more but yes from what I saw will be very tough to win the next game. They do have a lot of range in the outfield will have to make of plays to have a chance.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

What book lets you bet on college baseball?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

betislands 5dimes

EaglesPhan36

All the lines I post are 5Dimes. SBR Book also has moneylines available for all games, which means Bookmaker-DSI have them as well.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Thanks been checking Bodog to see if they had them up yet

EaglesPhan36

COLUMBIA SUPER REGIONAL: [GAME 1] UCONN +2.5 [+115]
    This really should he a helluva series between the defending champs and Connecticut. The Huskies toss out their stud today, Matt Barnes. He is 11-4 with a 1.64 ERA. He faces tough southpaw Michael Roth of the minute 1.10 ERA. Barnes was roughed up in the regional round by Coastal Carolina, so he will be looking to bounce back and keep his club in this game. Expect that he will. Roth has simply been dominant. He was superb in the regionals, allowing just a single run which was barely enough against Georgia Southern in a 2-1 Gamecocks win. UConn has the clear edge in offense. They got on a major roll in Clemson with three double digit scoring days. South Carolina meanwhile is predicated on pitching and defense. The Gamecocks have a good offense, but they aren't as productive as UConn is from 1-9. As I said in my previews for the Super Regionals, I think UConn has a legit shot to win this series. Getting out of the gate quick would obviously be huge. What is to like about the handicap today is that when Roth pitches, the games have tended to be very tight, low scoring battles. Six of his last ten starts have been decided by two runs or fewer when SC won. UConn offers a great price here if you have the guts to take them on the moneyline, but I'm not sure that Roth can be totally had here today, but I do expect UConn can keep it close if they don't win.

SANTA CLARA SUPER REGIONAL: [GAME 1] DALLAS BAPTIST +195
    This Super Regional I feel is going to offer some nice payoffs on the team classified as the underdog in Dallas Baptist. That's in name only in my opinion as I see this as a pretty even series. DBU has a clear advantage on offense. Two players with 80+ RBI and talent up and down the order. Cal can certainly score runs as they showed in the Houston Regional, but they have been hit and miss as far as consistency. One thing was very evident in that good pitching can keep them in check. DBU does not boast the classic "aces" of some of the other Super Regional squads, but in Game starter Jared Stafford they have someone who can keep them in the game and let their dynamic offense win the game. DBU played plenty of top notch squads this season. They are not a flash-in-the-pan team that got lucky in the regionals.

EaglesPhan36

Under hits. Stanford looks done. They had some chances early to knock around the frosh, but did not come through.

EaglesPhan36

Stanford not dead quite yet. Rallying. Three in the 8th, now trailing 6-5 with a man @2nd.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

im on em too.... gl eagle

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I took Uconn on the ML

EaglesPhan36

Looks like the night session is gonna find me giving some back. Roth too good for SC. Barnes did not live up to his ace status again for UConn. DBU in a hole early. Meh.

EaglesPhan36

VANDERBILT-OREGON STATE OVER 9.5 [-130]
    Vanderbilt should tee off on Oregon State again as the Beavers are stuck with Ben Welzer on the mound today after their usual 2nd starter could not make it again with injury. Considering Vandy tore apart Beavers' ace Gaviglo last night, they should find success against a more hittable pitcher. Commodores throw Grayson Garvin. While Vandy could roll in this one, Garvin was a little iffy in the regionals by allowing a lot of base runners. Garvin was strong for most of the season, but has been a little dicey lately and could give OSU some chances.

CharlestonCock

The Cocks and the home crowd were to much for UConn tonight. A lot of folks showed up to support the team and home field was a big advantage tonight especially after UConn got off to that early 1 run lead. Both teams played great D tonight, my hat goes off to the Huskies. They definitely will come out fighting like a wounded animal tomorrow.

EaglesPhan36

Super Regionals Record: 5-3 [+2.30]

Totals been good so far, but disappointed with the two dogs today, especially Dallas Baptist. Big surprise of the day was Mississippi State for sure. No shock to see Vanderbilt punch their ticket to the CWS. UNC in as well, not a shock and Stanford did put up a good fight today but did not have enough. Texas-ASU gonna be a good grinder on Sunday. Gonna crunch the numbers and be back on Sunday.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Quote Originally Posted by caseyking2 View Post
    What book lets you bet on college baseball?
    SBR Book has them as well.

EaglesPhan36

TALLAHASEE REGIONAL: [GAME 2] TEXAS A&M-FLORIDA STATE OVER 9.5 [-130]
    A&M is resting their ace, Michael Wacha, one more day and keeping him available if this goes to a third game. That means they put freshman Derrick Hadley on the mound. Expect a patient approach from the FSU hitters on Hadley who has good stuff, but is not a dominant pitcher. In this spot, I think the youngster could get tagged for some runs. FSU puts up experience in Mike McGee, but inconsistency. McGee has had issues with walks this season and that will play into the hands of a team like A&M that relies on manufacturing runs more than being able to absolutely pound the ball.

EaglesPhan36

I'm waiting to see the pitching match-ups for later. I think Texas has a large advantage on the mound today. They'll put out Stafford. ASU is going to dig deep for a starter. You may even see closer Mitchell Lambson be considered. Considering UConn again today, but it's dependent on South Carolina's starter. Huskies are sending out lefty Greg Nappo who has been super in the regionals. Koumas or Holmes for SC likely. Both are youngsters, Koumas is a freshman and Holmes is a sophomore. If SC goes with the freshman, UConn is worth considering. Definitely riding with Dallas Baptist again tonight. They did not throw their ace last night, so Stafford will be going today. Cal has two solid options, but DBU has shown bounce back ability from poor offensive showings before. If Cal handcuffs them twice then congrats on the great pitching, but I think DBU's bats wake up today and make them a good dog try again later tonight.

CharlestonCock

Good afternoon gents, heading back to the ball park for game 2 tonight. SC is throwing right hander Colby Holmes (7-2, 3.76) tonight. Good luck gents, on the over FSU and DBU ML with you eagle!

EaglesPhan36

This over is gonna get done very simply. 8-0 FSU in the 3rd. Thanks for the pitching tip CC. Gonna look over one thing and then make a pick for the 7pm ET games.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I have been all over the internet trying to find some info on college baseball during this tourney. Pretty slim pickings. I am starting to like dallas baptist after looking at this more, at least with the runs. We will see.
    Last edited by gregm; 06-12-11 at 05:31 PM. Reason: posted wrong game

EaglesPhan36

COLUMBIA SUPER REGIONAL: [GAME 2] UCONN +320
    If UConn goes down in two games against South Carolina, I'm going down with them. I still think the Huskies team has the resolve to force a Game 3 and I'll take the moneyline shot today with a pitching match-up that gives them an edge. They turn to veteran lefty Greg Nappo. Nappo is an experienced guy in these tough situations and being a lefty, should help him against a Gamecocks' lineup that has I think five lefties in it. He's not a power pitcher, but Nappo is a crafty guy who held down a potent Clemson team in his last start in the elimination game at the Clemson Regional and will be counted on to do the same today. Holmes tosses for SC. He's a guy who can be got. He's not a dominant force like Roth, so UConn should be ready to make contact and score some runs. He won't walk many, so their guys have to put the bat on the ball. Nappo must give this club a quality start today. If he can go six innings and have his team even or ahead, I think UConn will find a way.

First ... 2345678 ... Last