k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

supplements are a waste of money unless you get the real stuff.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Supplements are a waste

I am sure some of the fat burners are ok like Hdroxycut though

Vegetables/Chicken/Rice/Fruit/Water/Excercise

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whey protein will add weight

Bobby D

Men should'nt eat soy products since they are loaded with estrogen...unless you want a vagina keep eating soy lol

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

instead of that hire someone to cut your toenails. i'm sure you can't do it and your obese mama can't either. maybe your alzheimer afflicted sister and uncle can do it.. quite a clan you have there...

Bobby D

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    OMG... there's so much science in this thread.

If you want to slim down and gain protein. Nature Made's ISOPURE. Zero Carb Or Carb Formula.

If you want to gain a little bit of mass. Met-Rx Meal Replacement shakes. I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman was endorsed by Met-Rx during the 95 or 96 season.

The healthier you eat... the more hungrier you get. Most people get sick of eating the same healthy foods time after time... and they start developing this HUNGER that's unexplainable... basically your body is craving FAT. So you cheat... go to Taco Bell... McDonald's whatever.

A processed sugar... to a natural sugar. Easy answer... eat your fruits from the fruit stands.... don't eat fruit out of the can. Most people still screw that one up. I also recommend staying away from bananas. Your common green apple works great. Want to munch on something??? Make apple slices... sit back and watch the game... snack on your apple.

Here's my all time favorite one... the body needs to sweat... so which do you choose? Sauna? Or Cardio? Don't be lazy... get your metabolism up and use a stairclimber. Low speed. It's not how fast you go... It's how long your session is. Your heart rate should be up at a steady beat for at least 20 minutes per session 4 X a week if not more.

It's all about effort. You make the call. Common reason why people quit working out... because they get insecure because they feel they are doing something wrong.... and also... not seeing the results.

You can't give up. Always ask questions.
    Not all "fats" are bad for you though....Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines) Nuts, Almonds etc are all healthy fats.

Bobby D

I don't know what you put in your protein shakes but it sure isn't "Whey" Protein if you lose weight drinking them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TTwarrior is loved by GNC

TT get a fukkin haircut, around here we call guys like you fukkin sparrows

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Not all "fats" are bad for you though....Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines) Nuts, Almonds etc are all healthy fats.
    If you are serious about training... you'd stay away from what you just mentioned except tuna. But you should be eating the "albacore" style. The way regular tuna is processed nowadays... wow. You only want the premium stuff in your body.

If you want to be 100% solid... serious about training... totally shredded... you'd stay away from fat. The entire theory where "fats" must be presented is misleading. It came from proper digestion. An athlete wants to stay hungry throughout the day... if the meal is imbalanced you'll eat too much or too little for one serving... screwing up your 3rd or 4th serving later on in the day. "Fat" they believe must be presented for proper digestion... but it's not true. I've noticed skinless grilled breast of chicken, white rice, green beans, and 3 small slices of apple provide proper digestion. Should make you hungrier within about 1.5 hours afterwards. So in my theory... even though they claim every piece of chicken breast is skinless.... is it totally? Skin = Fat. You can ask your butcher that question. I can tell there's a hint of fat somewhere on that chicken piece... so... there's your small serving of fat.

The entire theory is understanding your own body. What you need and what you don't need.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Supplements are a waste

I am sure some of the fat burners are ok like Hdroxycut though

Vegetables/Chicken/Rice/Fruit/Water/Excercise

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

If you are serious about training... you'd stay away from what you just mentioned except tuna. But you should be eating the "albacore" style. The way regular tuna is processed nowadays... wow. You only want the premium stuff in your body.

If you want to be 100% solid... serious about training... totally shredded... you'd stay away from fat. The entire theory where "fats" must be presented is misleading. It came from proper digestion. An athlete wants to stay hungry throughout the day... if the meal is imbalanced you'll eat too much or too little for one serving... screwing up your 3rd or 4th serving later on in the day. "Fat" they believe must be presented for proper digestion... but it's not true. I've noticed skinless grilled breast of chicken, white rice, green beans, and 3 small slices of apple provide proper digestion. Should make you hungrier within about 1.5 hours afterwards. So in my theory... even though they claim every piece of chicken breast is skinless.... is it totally? Skin = Fat. You can ask your butcher that question. I can tell there's a hint of fat somewhere on that chicken piece... so... there's your small serving of fat.

The entire theory is understanding your own body. What you need and what you don't need.
    So, how is your body supposed to make testosterone if you don't give it fat?

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    And why the hell would the water have to be cold? Sure it taste better but dont think ive ever heard anywhere that it has to be cold water
    Your body burns more calories during the process of regulating the cold water to body temp.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

rice??? lmao, despite what anyone says rice is junk and who eats plain rice. Its enriched wheat flour and a bad carb despite what anyone will post..

Also whey protein is best for weightloss , not weight gain

Alot of young kid bull in these posts. This is 2011, not 1988

Anyone that follows a low fat diet and they are in shape is just lucky. Carbs are the problem, not fat.

Protein doesn't turn to protein
    Carbs don't turn to carbs
    Fat doesn't turn to fat

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

show us your numbers before you start talking. This is straight blind leading the blind.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    So, how is your body supposed to make testosterone if you don't give it fat?
    You don't need an ample supply of testosterone if someone is trying to reduce their weight. Even if you're going for a nice lean look... your body makes an adequate supply of it naturally every 24 hours.

Bodybuilding or a pro wrestler's build is a different story. Like... Triple H, The Rock, or John Cena... they are on different and systematic levels of steroids. It's not just one steroid... it's a series of them... usually the compound is a mixture of Methandienone, Stanozolol, and Methenolone Acetate. Also, GH is commonly used for an enhanced effect.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I find it comical that ttwarrior is giving out weightloss advice. It's obvious by his photos that he has posted that he is the last person we should turn to for fitness advice.

TheMoneyShot

Rice is a bad carb? You must be eating too much of it in one serving and/or not enough protein during the serving. It's an excellent carb. You can also go with 1/3 of a baked potato.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    rice??? lmao, despite what anyone says rice is junk and who eats plain rice. Its enriched wheat flour and a bad carb despite what anyone will post..

Also whey protein is best for weightloss , not weight gain

Alot of young kid bull in these posts. This is 2011, not 1988

Anyone that follows a low fat diet and they are in shape is just lucky. Carbs are the problem, not fat.

Protein doesn't turn to protein
    Carbs don't turn to carbs
    Fat doesn't turn to fat

TheMoneyShot

The worst food you could ever eat is pizza dough. I'm a huge pizza lover too. No matter what you lift... or how athletic you are... it's the worst food. 2nd worse... Pasta of any kind. Even string noodles. The carb doses are too high.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

ive been a personal trainer for years. Never said i follow my advice i give others or follow a good diet .

Agree on the pizza, noodles and pasta

In fact the top trainer at my gym here tells people they need to eat pasta, noodles and carbs to lose weight and his success rate is about 2 percent

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

First 12