blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess he got stale

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

SBR_John is the cop that told Bread when he was a kid that he could kill him if he wanted and nobody would know.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Where's PECOS BILL??

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I don't recall, I think he threatened someone or gave out a bunch of personal info. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy in forumville who said he wanted to kill me by skull fvvcking me.

As for the banned for life; No one is banned for life. But the guy spent something like 3 years here saying how much he disliked the place and how the site would fail if we didn't follow his advice -cough, cough-. If he wants to be unbanned he needs to write a mod. He knows the drill. Personally, I think we are doing him a favor to keep him banned and spare him of the pain he always seemed to be in around here.
    Well, he only gave out a name. Not sure how that consists of a "bunch of info".

Also, he's already written to the SBR email address, plus Lour's email address. Guess Lou's ignoring him then. Maybe RS should have done the same, when Lou used to call him up and cry about his life. Or when Lou was at the local McDonald's and used to ask what RS wanted from there.

You let Lou and Bateman continue at SBR, despite their ultra-aggressive attitude towards other members. Can't RS be afforded the same treatment? Or are rules different for everyone?

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

The word isn’t racist. I personally find it offensive and I never use it but the word itself isn’t racist. The events that led to the departure were not over the word itself either. It was not a temper tantrum it was about the utter ignorance that saying a word vs. the blatant real racism that was being allowed to go unchallenged made no sense.

There has always been posters here that never said the word but were aggressively racist in their comments. There were mods who used their discretion in dealing with certain posters (maybe still are) but that discretion like so often is the case was very bias.

Bread and many of those that left were obviously not saints but that was a situation that could have been handled differently and the SBR you all love today would probably have been even a wee bit better.

As for the new site being a FaceBook social site, I’ll have you know we have some seriously talented gamblers and more than a couple of industry tuned people with extensive and valuable knowledge.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post
    Guys a racist and a drunk. Good riddance.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post

Also, he's already written to the SBR email address, plus Lour's email address. Guess Lou's ignoring him then. Maybe RS should have done the same, when Lou used to call him up and cry about his life. Or when Lou was at the local McDonald's and used to ask what RS wanted from there.

You let Lou and Bateman continue at SBR, despite their ultra-aggressive attitude towards other members. Can't RS be afforded the same treatment? Or are rules different for everyone?
    Lou...ultra aggressive

It's quite clear you have a agenda...just come out with it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

No one ever leaves the forum. Some may not be posting as frequently as in the past but they still lurk and read the forum.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

SoV rules are different for everyone

It all depends on how much you curtail your opinions to represent SBR in a positive light. Hard to fault SBR too much for that. It is a business after all.

However it does get confusing at times for posters who expect consistency.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    SoV rules are different for everyone

It all depends on how much you curtail your opinions to represent SBR in a positive light. Hard to fault SBR too much for that. It is a business after all.

However it does get confusing at times for posters who expect consistency.
    Makes sense...either ban them or send them to the Saloon.

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Lou...ultra aggressive

It's quite clear you have a agenda...just come out with it
    You used to always post at gamelive as Inthehole. Why did you slow down after the costa rica trip?

Extra Innings

You used to always post at gamelive as Inthehole. Why did you slow down after the costa rica trip?
    I assure you I was sporadic at best. I am just not a strong poster like most at Gamelive plus I am afraid of Bread.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I assure you I was sporadic at best. I am just not a strong poster like most at Gamelive plus I am afraid of Bread.
    I will also provide you with some details about Costa Rica when we meet in person. I had a sword pulled out on me, we need to be careful in August.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

OK.. I'll unban him.

And seriously like I said; everyone is welcome. If he wants to hang out and even take shots like he did for a few years, thats all cool. When he disrupts the place and does the ole police assisted suicide(in this case ban) that it gets old. When the site was much slower we had time to babysit. But nowdays if a guy is posting personal info and being disruptive we don't have much choice.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5638

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    The word isn’t racist. I personally find it offensive and I never use it but the word itself isn’t racist. The events that led to the departure were not over the word itself either. It was not a temper tantrum it was about the utter ignorance that saying a word vs. the blatant real racism that was being allowed to go unchallenged made no sense.

There has always been posters here that never said the word but were aggressively racist in their comments. There were mods who used their discretion in dealing with certain posters (maybe still are) but that discretion like so often is the case was very bias.

Bread and many of those that left were obviously not saints but that was a situation that could have been handled differently and the SBR you all love today would probably have been even a wee bit better.

As for the new site being a FaceBook social site, I’ll have you know we have some seriously talented gamblers and more than a couple of industry tuned people with extensive and valuable knowledge.
    Wal, I like you and I think you'd make a mighty fine neighbor. That being said, when you're a guest in someone's home and they give you a subtle look when you put your feet on the coffee table or when you decide to spark up a cigar in their living room instead of taking it outside, you're supposed to get the message and abide by the rules set down by the lord of the manor.

The long and short was that Bread became outraged at the slap on the wrist so instead, he took it upon himself to keep his feet on the table, smoke the stogie and spit on the floor while he was at it. It was more than disrespectful and personally, SBR would have looked weak and foolish had they not upbraided him.

I don't know Bread personally but he's no dummy in spite of what he might want you to believe. He's sharp and he's calculating. And I personally don't believe him to be a racist but that is subject to debate. What he definitely is, is controversial and he's also stubborn. I would love to see him back but he'd have to abide by a very low standard of decorum that SBR has mandated.

It was most definitely a temper tantrum and the word in question is absolutely racist. Sure, there are people who espouse racially unsavory views at SBR but the N-word is the definitive term that has been banned. And you know what, I'm glad it is.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3683

Guys a racist and a drunk. Good riddance.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    OK.. I'll unban him.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

thanks guys. i thought it was pretty clever

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

why in the hell would we want RS back??

guy is one of the most annoying posters ever

even the gay sh*t with him isn't that funny

guy thinks he's way way way cooler smarter funnier insightful and edgier than he is

common guys lets keep him banned

Not Matt Rain
    Nope.
    Not Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mcbaseball10 View Post
    No doubt, his kind are not welcome here. Glad he left. We are all better off because of it.
    +1

braed is such simpleton guy

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Let us know when Rogue is unbanned since it seems like he still is.....

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

doesnt matter, there are new posters at sbr like myself
    we are the future of sbr
    old guys back off men
    thanks

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by Not Matt Rain View Post
    +1

braed is such simpleton guy
    You damn frenchie separatist bastard!!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Unban pecos.. PECOS PECOS PECOS PECOS......

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Unban pecos.. PECOS PECOS PECOS PECOS......

now THERE is a great poster...........PE-COS BILL!! PE-COS BILL!! PE-COS BILL!!

FREEEEE PECOS BILL!!!!

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    now THERE is a great poster...........PE-COS BILL!! PE-COS BILL!! PE-COS BILL!!

FREEEEE PECOS BILL!!!!
    This.

Greatest poster of our generation.

Not Matt Rain
    Nope.
    Not Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    You damn frenchie separatist bastard!!!
    You must be confusing me with someone who's not Not Matt Rain.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

This thread is pretty funny.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Pretty great collection of posters in here pre 2010. Love you all xo ie Not MattRain Sucks

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Pretty great collection of posters in here pre 2010. Love you all xo ie Not MattRain Sucks
    Shari, can we have Pecos back!

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Shari, can we have Pecos back!

i have not been this passionate about a poster's freedom since bobby was banned

FREE PECOS BILL!

SoV
    "Why always me"

Still waiting.

EDIT: Thank you, John. Highly appreciated. Thanks to Rod_M as well.
    Last edited by SoV; 05-04-11 at 07:26 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    i have not been this passionate about a poster's freedom since bobby was banned

FREE PECOS BILL!
    hack the SBR computers loshak!!!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Still waiting.

EDIT: Thank you, John. Highly appreciated. Thanks to Rod_M as well.
    Nvmind!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Not still waiting.

First 1234 Last