CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Do you even know what "niggardly" means?

And Loshak

There are people on SBR who still use that slur. Also the word "fa\*\*ot", which is similar. Why no actions are taken against them?

Nice edit, Loshak. Was Bread a racist when you met him? Did he yell racial slurs at the people around you? Loshak, tell us about your meeting with Bread.

In my initial and subsquent meetings with bread, I could tell he was "out there" but his proclivity on racism was not evident in casual conversation, and I did not suspect that I was talking with someone whom harbered said opinions.

Apparantly his feelings, as with many racists, SEETHES just beneath the surface, waiting for the right time to EXPLODE with venom upon an unexpecting audience with a torrent of JOYFULLY and GLEEFULLY blasted epithettes.

So sure when I first met him he was like "hey man! how's it going!" Energetic, passionate even. He had a glint in his eye, but it was not apparant to me what was causing that glint. I thought he was just "high on life" or possibly, "high on drugs".

I did not suspect he was "high on racial hatered".

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by mcbaseball10 View Post
    No doubt, his kind are not welcome here. Glad he left. We are all better off because of it.
    Agreed. There are many forums where ignorant racism is tolerated, this ain't one of em. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Bread was a good dude, the only poster on SBR that transferred me all his points for calling him a dumb fk.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    In my initial and subsquent meetings with bread, I could tell he was "out there" but his proclivity on racism was not evident in casual conversation, and I did not suspect that I was talking with someone whom harbered said opinions.

Apparantly his feelings, as with many racists, SEETHES just beneath the surface, waiting for the right time to EXPLODE with venom upon an unexpecting audience with a torrent of JOYFULLY and GLEEFULLY blasted epithettes.

So sure when I first met him he was like "hey man! how's it going!" Energetic, passionate even. He had a glint in his eye, but it was not apparant to me what was causing that glint. I thought he was just "high on life" or possibly, "high on drugs".

Goog say. sometimes we just have to draw a line in the sand with the people we associate with.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

Loshak, why is it that your grammar and spelling are piss poor generally, but when it comes to such matters, it's impeccable. Always wondered this.

Oh, and as for being high on racial hatred, can you please expand on what SBR John meant when he said Haitians "smell like ass juice"? Bit low that, especially on the day there was an earthquake there.

Can John also tell us what "ass juice" is and what it really smells like?

P.S.- Am I going to get my points taken away for this, or is SBR past that phase now?

P.P.S- Now that I have someone in SBR's hierarchy's attention, could they please tell why RogueScholar is still banned? Everyone from the whole incident regarding Bateman has been unbanned except RogueScholar, and despite multiple emails being sent by RogueScholar to SBR, and Lou in particular, no responses have been received. I wish this matter is looked into as well. Thank you.
    Last edited by SoV; 05-03-11 at 09:09 PM.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

sov have fun on ur vacation tough guy

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

Obviously wasn't around when he used to post

But guy was a big time poster

Kind of odd to one day just stop

Did he die
    If you weren't around, how did you know about him or the fact that he was a big time poster?

Just curious

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    If you weren't around, how did you know about him or the fact that he was a big time poster?

Just curious
    see post 26

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Guys a racist and a drunk. Good riddance.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Actually, just answer the RogueScholar question. That is more concerning atm than the other issue.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

dont think bread was racist , he hated everyone equally-especially when drunk, which was quite often

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5638

Before I start, let me say I liked Bread's posting style. I also enjoy reading Rogue Scholar.

That being said, it's never good form to try and embarrass the owner of a forum. Maybe embarrass is the wrong word, how about continually disrespect the owner of a forum. Bread made a few comments, liberally using the N word. When he was warned it was getting out of hand, he took it as a personal affront and went ballistic. At that point it became a pissing contest and in the land of SBR, John's stream flows the farthest.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post
    Guys a racist and a drunk. Good riddance.
    Robin I miss, Bread not so!

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

I have no idea what happened...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Before I start, let me say I liked Bread's posting style. I also enjoy reading Rogue Scholar.

That being said, it's never good form to try and embarrass the owner of a forum. Maybe embarrass is the wrong word, how about continually disrespect the owner of a forum. Bread made a few comments, liberally using the N word. When he was warned it was getting out of hand, he took it as a personal affront and went ballistic. At that point it became a pissing contest and in the land of SBR, John's stream flows the farthest.
    Everyone is welcome here and there are not many rules. But there are some and no one is above them.

At the end of the day SBR was getting too busy, they wanted a Facebook-like social forum. Their click was frustrated that most of the talk at SBR was sports related and quite busy. They did not want to be told some words like the N word were off limits. In the end things worked out for the better for all involved.

SoV
    "Why always me"

John, not being an arse here (I might come across as one) but could you please ask your moderators and give me an update on RogueScholar's situation? You don't have to post it here. A quick PM will do.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

good post john..it is the truth

I must add though I like Bread..Robin and that whole clan..glad it worked out for all involved..sorry a vet like bread left when sbr was taking off

I bet lots of those guys post here under different handles with all the benefits available here..I know bread likes contest..they even had that stupid filthy penny thing drag on longer than I liked

theres room here for everyone..I dont get people who worship one forum..I troll them all but call sbr home now simply because its in my best interest

Since the points began I have gotten 20 free pizzas and 20 free plays..I love SBR!..

all I can do in return is deposit when I have to using sbr links..Its the least I can do

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    good post john..it is the truth

I must add though I like Bread..Robin and that whole clan..glad it worked out for all involved..sorry a vet like bread left when sbr was taking off

I bet lots of those guys post here under different handles with all the benefits available here..I know bread likes contest..they even had that stupid filthy penny thing drag on longer than I liked

theres room here for everyone..I dont get people who worship one forum..I troll them all but call sbr home now simply because its in my best interest

Since the points began I have gotten 20 free pizzas and 20 free plays..I love SBR!..

all I can do in return is deposit when I have to using sbr links..Its the least I can do

Y'all make it too obvious

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Everyone is welcome here and there are not many rules. But there are some and no one is above them.

At the end of the day SBR was getting too busy, they wanted a Facebook-like social forum. Their click was frustrated that most of the talk at SBR was sports related and quite busy. They did not want to be told some words like the N word were off limits. In the end things worked out for the better for all involved.
    [/URL]

Swinging Johnson

Hey Grand B...for a guy that has over 4600 posts at a site built by the guy you're fukking with, makes you kind of an idiot, no?

SoV
    "Why always me"

John, not being an arse here (I might come across as one) but could you please ask your moderators and give me an update on RogueScholar's situation? You don't have to post it here. A quick PM will do.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

At the risk of sounding like a homer, it's never good when a poster or posters don't follow some simple guidelines and put their egos above the rest. Especially with all that SBR has given and done for the posters. It didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now.

Swinging Johnson

At the risk of sounding like a homer, it's never good when a poster or posters don't follow some simple guidelines and put their egos above the rest. Especially with all that SBR has given and done for the posters. It didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Hey Grand B...for a guy that has over 4600 posts at a site built by the guy you're fukking with, makes you kind of an idiot, no?
    I never had a problem with John and I should have about 10,000 posts actually

just because he didnt like my views dosent mean I hate the guy

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree glad the real racist fuks are gone, i know some here joke around but it seems when sbrjohn lays the ban then ur really a racist

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

RIP Bread

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

speaking of missing posters..looks like wily bee has been gone..guy was all class in light of being the bearer of the largest wave of forum ghost in internet history..wrote some great baseball articles

why was not his retirement announced?..did I miss something..kinda slipped off in the night willie bee did

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

I guess SBR will just say nothing and hope everyone forgets that RogueScholar is banned.....

Trojan
    Trojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

The guy tried too hard. He tried to be funny, edgy and it just seemed forced. The place is better without him.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    speaking of missing posters..looks like wily bee has been gone..guy was all class in light of being the bearer of the largest wave of forum ghost in internet history..wrote some great baseball articles

why was not his retirement announced?..did I miss something..kinda slipped off in the night willie bee did
    Willie is still doing some writing for SBR and DonBest. I believe he did make a thread about it.

RS had a good run here. He was convinced we were all a bunch of homophobic rednecks and tried real hard to get banned. I enjoyed him. He told us at least weekly how SBR was in the process of failing and everything we were doing wrong. He was not banned until he came unglued in chat a while back.

SoV
    "Why always me"

So is RS banned for life, for questioning SBR or for what happened in chat? I find it hard to believe it was for the chat thing, since everyone else involved in that debacle was unbanned except for him.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

SoV just give up. You'll never get real answers and there are no set in stone rules.

If someone can find the forum rules, let me know.

SBR_John
    Wisky

So is RS banned for life, for questioning SBR or for what happened in chat? I find it hard to believe it was for the chat thing, since everyone else involved in that debacle was unbanned except for him.
    I don't recall, I think he threatened someone or gave out a bunch of personal info. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy in forumville who said he wanted to kill me by skull fvvcking me.

As for the banned for life; No one is banned for life. But the guy spent something like 3 years here saying how much he disliked the place and how the site would fail if we didn't follow his advice -cough, cough-. If he wants to be unbanned he needs to write a mod. He knows the drill. Personally, I think we are doing him a favor to keep him banned and spare him of the pain he always seemed to be in around here.

First 1234 Last