ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Has anyone here ever played a sport? Do you clowns really think...

That teams/players perform better when they play on their "home court"?

1st of all 99% of the players on their teams aren't even from the area that they play at. The comfort level theory is completely bullshit.

Are you guys really under the impression that kobe puts the ball into the basket more often/plays better because he's playing in la?

No if you are an elite athlete it doesn't matter if you play in guam bangkok or shitsu texas. If I am a dominant player and I will to skull fuk an inferrior team than I can/will a huge percentage of the time.

This often isn't the case in sports as politics often plays a major role in who wins (Keeping the home team's brainwashed fans/ticketbuyer's (9$ hot dog buying mother fukers) happy)

Sports are a fuking joke when you look at it with an open mind and really there are really only a few sports left in the world that don't cater you with propoganda and lies to keep the money flowing in.

Anyone who doesn't see this needs to open their eyes.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

and opie said this prick kisser was sharp...unreal
    Pattaayyyyy!

ApricotSinner32

Ray what brings you to my thread guy... and who gave you permission to do so?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

when you sleep in your own bed while the other team is getting off a flight it makes a huge difference. i remember watching a game ending at 1 am eastern and denver had to cross time zones to play a game losing 2 hours after what was already a late night. and if you dont think teams feed off the crowds energy your crazy. especially on the defensive end.and if you play 50 games on a court every season, believe there is some familiarity.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

hey apricot are u illuminati

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Patty, obviously the home team wins more often than the away team. Open your eyes

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

The main difference is the calls the home team gets influenced by the crowd pressuring them etc player skills obviously do not change

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

And no sport is worse than the NBA for the officiating being home-cooked. Ignore that and travel rigors at your own risk.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    when you sleep in your own bed while the other team is getting off a flight it makes a huge difference. i remember watching a game ending at 1 am eastern and denver had to cross time zones to play a game losing 2 hours after what was already a late night. and if you dont think teams feed off the crowds energy your crazy. especially on the defensive end.and if you play 50 games on a court every season, believe there is some familiarity.
    exactly what I was gonna say...good post

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Patty, obviously the home team wins more often than the away team. Open your eyes
    Why are you by default believing that this should be the case? What about baseball where umpires can't really do too much to effect a game yet the pirates went like 18-64 last year on the road and had almost a .500 record at home?

I don't understand how people don't see the bullshit that goes on everyday in sports.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Home court in the NBA is beyond compare. The old Boston Garden is the perfect example. The Celtics knew the nuances of that court that gave them a decided home court advantage. Modern day courts may not have those same nuances, but the advantage they get is the officiated calls and the crowd noise. Players have commented in the past that some arena are harder to play than others for that reason alone.

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Why are you by default believing that this should be the case? What about baseball where umpires can't really do too much to effect a game yet the pirates went like 18-64 last year on the road and had almost a .500 record at home? I don't understand how people don't see the bullshit that goes on everyday in sports.
    I don't understand what your saying here. I'm not just assuming it, its a fact that teams play better/win more at home. Looks like your example is agreeing with me. For whatever reason, teams play better at home. I agree with some of the other points. I think its a combination of home cooking from the refs, not having to travel, support from fans, etc.

And if you don't think umpires effect a baseball game you are kidding yourself. Why do you think that certain umps continually have under or over games at an alarming rate? Same for umps bias for a home team or away team. Giving strikes to the home team, while not for the away team. There are certain umps that have historically been bias one way or the other.

Are you really trying to say that home field advantage does not effect games?

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Baseball is the only sport where it dosent matter.

ApricotSinner32

I'm saying playing at home does not make you play better/worse. Have you ever played sports? These are professionals the top dogs of their sports to get where they are right now they had to have had their skills tested all over the country in front of tons of different people.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I'm saying playing at home does not make you play better/worse. Have you ever played sports? These are professionals the top dogs of their sports to get where they are right now they had to have had their skills tested all over the country in front of tons of different people.
    i like how you think that playing high school hoops or some such gives you special insight into professional athletes. you're profoundly deluding yourself.

ouman101

So what is your explanation to teams having a significant difference in home records vs. away records? The game is fixed?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Not fixed but they get more help from refs etc

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Wrestling football and basketball pal

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    Not fixed but they get more help from refs etc
    Thats what I think too, but Patty seems to disagree.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

If you had really ever played sports, you would know that familiarity with a field/court is very important. Look at baseball- no outfield and foul area are the same. Are you telling me someone who plays 81 games at home won't be better at chasing down a fly ball near the wall/in foul play/after it hits the wall? For as bad of an outfielder as Manny Ramirez was, he was amazing at Fenway, because he knew the Monster and how the ball would bounce off of it. That is a HUGE advantage

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sinner where is jj today?

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or you could look at the data and see that home teams score more points on average than road teams.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Crowd noise is a large factor in sports. Gets home team pumped.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Uhhh, yes, home court/field advantage is real, for whatever reason whether it be psychological or whatever

gdoom
    gdoom's Avatar Become A Pro!

aOfficially the stupidest theat I have eve come across. The advantaes of playin at home far out-weigh the road teams. Keep playing the way you do!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Home Courts are a major factor in nba let alone all sports

It has somewhat been diminished in recent years but still strong

Sinner put down the liquor

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

obviously none of you guys were athletes or played any high level sports. Basketball you might think its just two rims on a court. Well every rim is different every backboard is different, logos on the court that gives you an idea where you are is different. When your at home its all muscle memory you dont have to think about anything its just there when your on the road you actually have to think ok well these rims are soft i can just put the ball on the rim to get the roll or when your walking its 10 steps from the laker logo to the 3 point line. In baseball the shadows are different in the field, the walls, the type of surfaces the length of the grass the type of dirt the amount of dirt everything is different being on the road sucks
    Points Awarded:

Hazious gave james4512 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    obviously none of you guys were athletes or played any high level sports. Basketball you might think its just two rims on a court. Well every rim is different every backboard is different, logos on the court that gives you an idea where you are is different. When your at home its all muscle memory you dont have to think about anything its just there when your on the road you actually have to think ok well these rims are soft i can just put the ball on the rim to get the roll or when your walking its 10 steps from the laker logo to the 3 point line. In baseball the shadows are different in the field, the walls, the type of surfaces the length of the grass the type of dirt the amount of dirt everything is different being on the road sucks

ApricotSinner32

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some teams perform better with familiarity with home court. And some random scrubs play better with home crowd support.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

I think teams are often more focused on the road, and if you pick your spots you get a pointspread break.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Baseball is the only sport where it dosent matter.
    Not quite true in my opinion, especially the 1st game of a series, where the home team played the previous at home and the visitor is travelling in (longer the better) by game 3 or 4 of a series it really doesn't matter anymore.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

thread started by guy whos homecourt is his moms basement.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Refs are just more likely to give the home team the 50/50 calls, that's it.

office
    office's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played tennis, tennis table and soccer!

12 Last