chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    That teams/players perform better when they play on their "home court"? 1st of all 99% of the players on their teams aren't even from the area that they play at. The comfort level theory is completely bullshit. Are you guys really under the impression that kobe puts the ball into the basket more often/plays better because he's playing in la? No if you are an elite athlete it doesn't matter if you play in guam bangkok or shitsu texas. If I am a dominant player and I will to skull fuk an inferrior team than I can/will a huge percentage of the time. This often isn't the case in sports as politics often plays a major role in who wins (Keeping the home team's brainwashed fans/ticketbuyer's (9$ hot dog buying mother fukers) happy) Sports are a fuking joke when you look at it with an open mind and really there are really only a few sports left in the world that don't cater you with propoganda and lies to keep the money flowing in. Anyone who doesn't see this needs to open their eyes.

You've got to be kidding.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post

You've got to be kidding.
    Celtics went from a 5.5 point dog at miami to a 3 point favorite at their home. You're telling me in a legit league where refs/politics don't play a factor that a home/away discrepancy is 8.5 points in a basketball game? Come on man wake up.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Celtics went from a 5.5 point dog at miami to a 3 point favorite at their home. You're telling me in a legit league where refs/politics don't play a factor that a home/away discrepancy is 8.5 points in a basketball game? Come on man wake up.
    There is more that goes into making a line than that. If team A beats team B and the line was -3, the line for next game is not going to be -3 (even with the exact same lineup, venue, etc.). Come on patty...you're better than this.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I sort of agree with patty here, though the comments about refs being influenced a certain way is on the mark. And baseball is the least influenced, as someone else already pointed out.

I'll also say this, though: these guys are multi-million dollar athletes. Hate to break this to you, but most of them don't really give a shit about a win or a loss in a regular season game on a given night. It's easy for them to have "perspective" when they've got $15 million guaranteed in the bank.

Home court/field/ice is big in college, but at the pro level, for the most part, the "home court advantage" argument is a red herring. These guys are getting paid regardless and the season's a fvcking grind, so they're not nearly as motivated as you might be when you're placing a bet on them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

There is a psychological factor, plus the desperation factor.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I sort of agree with patty here, though the comments about refs being influenced a certain way is on the mark. And baseball is the least influenced, as someone else already pointed out.

I'll also say this, though: these guys are multi-million dollar athletes. Hate to break this to you, but most of them don't really give a shit about a win or a loss in a regular season game on a given night. It's easy for them to have "perspective" when they've got $15 million guaranteed in the bank.

Home court/field/ice is big in college, but at the pro level, for the most part, the "home court advantage" argument is a red herring. These guys are getting paid regardless and the season's a fvcking grind, so they're not nearly as motivated as you might be when you're placing a bet on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

There is a psychological factor, plus the desperation factor.
    Agree but 3 points @ best....

First 12