Originally posted on 03/13/2024:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
I know this sounds like a complete wank but as I have mentioned before I am pretty sure I spoke with "Satoshi" in the mid noughties. He was frustrated about how the US govt was reacting to things like Egold and Ebullion and any sort of money transfer business they could not control. He described his idea for a distributed payment system that could not be shut down once rolling, and talked about me working for him as a public face (fallguy I was suspicious of at the time) for an investment program attached to the project. It never went very far as we had a minor falling out and both wanted to go our separate ways. When I came to learn of Bitcoin a few years later I went ding ding ding right away. Finally the stuff he described made sense (some sense lol). So personally I am pretty sure he is just one person. Had the impression he was over 35 but under 50 and from phrasing and spelling also pretty sure he is American. He was a terse, driven, impatient, solitary sort of character. I imagined he had no real friends.

Anyway thats my story FWIW.
That's one hell of a story.