Originally posted on 12/11/2022:

Jared Goff OVER 269.5 passing yards.

This Vikings/Lions game is a wet dream for proposition players.

Vikings and Lions have piss poor pass defenses, Vikings have given up over 3400 yards this season via pass, I did the math, Vikings yield 284 passing yards per game. That's dead last in the NFL.

Lions aren't much better, they yield 252 passing yards per game.

The game line is Lions -2.5
The total is 51.5
The implied score is Lions 27 Vikings 24

I just spent the last hour, from 9am to 10am, looking at this game from every angle.
You can make a case for Cousins and the Vikes, the best value in my opinion is Goff and the Lions, and here is why I think that.

Amon-Ra St. Brown is on fire the past month, in the Lions past four games St. Brown has gone over 100 receiving yards three times, he could be good for 140 today.
St. Brown has truly developed into a legit WR1

Goff has other options too.
DJ Chark was four yards short of 100 yards last week as he bitch slapped his former team, and I like Josh Reynolds as their ancillary receiver as well.

Lions TE end game is non existent, they used to have Hockenson, he's playing for the other team today, but that doesn't matter...

The secret sauce here IMO is the RB D'Andre Swift.
Swift's a three down back and one of the better hybrid pass catching backs in the league.
Not quite on the level as Ekeler or CMC, but close, and Swift is good for at least six or seven targets, and the feeling here is Swift is going to eclipse 35, maybe 40+ yards receiving yards out of the backfield pushing Goff's total over 270, close to 300 passing yards.

Goff OVER 269.5 passing yards is my play

This game really is a numbers geek, prop bet paradise.
Not for nothing I looked hard at the Cousins props too, it's 279-282 range, and most shops have Cousins juiced at -130. No thanks, Goff is the better value here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Best of luck all, go get that Sunday football money.