Originally posted on 04/05/2021:

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Zags would have lost at least 4 or 5 games if they played in a P5 conference. Good luck going on the road on a Saturday then turn around on a Tuesday. This Zags team was good but not nearly as great as people are making them. Look at the Florida Gators that won back to back titles. That team was stacked with 3 players all going in the top 12. That is unheard of. They dominated the tourney 2 years in a row. I don’t know why people don’t mention them as on of the best. We’ll never ever see another team win back to back in my lifetime.
Yup that Florida team was the best college team I've personally ever seen. Horford, Noah, and Brewer were just defensive monsters in that era at the college level.

Gonzaga very overrated playing in WCC beating up on weak teams all year, and the ranked teams they beat were also very overrated. Kansas, Iowa, Virginia...all just not good and got blown out in the tournament. I couldn't believe the the committee had the nerve to put Iowa as the 2, Kansas the 3, and Virginia the 4 seed in Gonzagas bracket. They REALLY wanted a cakewalk for Gonzaga to the final to play Baylor. UCLA almost ruined their plans.