BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Undefeated seasons

Are far, Few and in between

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Well said. Overconfidence, fatigue, fixes, bias etc. Hard to bet on "Perfection"

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Zaga history always showed they came up short even with good teams in the past. History trends.. Baylor was always the call.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It's not anyone's goal to win them all before the season starts and its NOT worth the pressure of taking an undefeated team into the postseason. It just not worth it. A championship is a championship with 5 losses or zero losses.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Hoosiers

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Zags would have lost at least 4 or 5 games if they played in a P5 conference. Good luck going on the road on a Saturday then turn around on a Tuesday. This Zags team was good but not nearly as great as people are making them. Look at the Florida Gators that won back to back titles. That team was stacked with 3 players all going in the top 12. That is unheard of. They dominated the tourney 2 years in a row. I don’t know why people don’t mention them as on of the best. We’ll never ever see another team win back to back in my lifetime.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Zags would have lost at least 4 or 5 games if they played in a P5 conference. Good luck going on the road on a Saturday then turn around on a Tuesday. This Zags team was good but not nearly as great as people are making them. Look at the Florida Gators that won back to back titles. That team was stacked with 3 players all going in the top 12. That is unheard of. They dominated the tourney 2 years in a row. I don’t know why people don’t mention them as on of the best. We’ll never ever see another team win back to back in my lifetime.
    Talent is too level now. You can't stack teams anymore. Winning one is a challenge now let alone back to back.

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Yup that Florida team was the best college team I've personally ever seen. Horford, Noah, and Brewer were just defensive monsters in that era at the college level.

Gonzaga very overrated playing in WCC beating up on weak teams all year, and the ranked teams they beat were also very overrated. Kansas, Iowa, Virginia...all just not good and got blown out in the tournament. I couldn't believe the the committee had the nerve to put Iowa as the 2, Kansas the 3, and Virginia the 4 seed in Gonzagas bracket. They REALLY wanted a cakewalk for Gonzaga to the final to play Baylor. UCLA almost ruined their plans.
    Last edited by CantFeelMyFace; 04-05-21 at 10:58 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Talent is too level now. You can't stack teams anymore. Winning one is a challenge now let alone back to back.
    yeah, the one and done has killed college basketball. Imagine if Suggs hung around another year or a Kevin Durant years ago. I loved college. I could not imagine being a one and done. The money will usually be there in basketball. You can never replace the college experience.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I just hated to see Gonzaga get outclassed tonight. They were dominated. I wish they had lost on a buzzer beater instead of getting the brakes beat off of them.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    Yup that Florida team was the best college team I've personally ever seen. Horford, Noah, and Brewer were just defensive monsters in that era at the college level.
    Gonzaga very overrated playing in WCC beating up on weak teams all year, and the ranked teams they beat were also very overrated. Kansas, Iowa, Virginia...all just not good and got blown out in the tournament. I couldn't believe the the committee had the nerve to put Iowa as the 2, Kansas the 3, and Virginia the 4 seed in Gonzagas bracket. They REALLY wanted a cakewalk for Gonzaga to the final to play Baylor. UCLA almost ruined their plans.
    I was really pulling for UCLA. They just found a way to win when it counted. Yeah, the Zags would have had several losses in a P5 conference and that may have helped them tonight.

Mac4Lyfe

I just hated to see Gonzaga get outclassed tonight. They were dominated. I wish they had lost on a buzzer beater instead of getting the brakes beat off of them.
    I really didn’t want them to win because the media would have kept pushing that they were possibly the best ever. I just didn’t want to hear that narrative especially when I felt they were flawed.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

yeah, the one and done has killed college basketball. Imagine if Suggs hung around another year or a Kevin Durant years ago. I loved college. I could not imagine being a one and done. The money will usually be there in basketball. You can never replace the college experience.
    MJ won 1 title, couldn't lead a team to final four without Worthy and Perkins, best player ever, Patrick Ewing won 1, dominant player and 4 year player, Hakeem is an all time great, zero titles, Ralph Sampson zero. That alone should let anyone know that winning a national championship in basketball is probably the hardest of the basketball accomplishments. Some of the best to ever play on the highest level couldn't do it. I still don't believe the best team always wins in the NCAA, sometimes yes, but not all the times. Happens that way in high school basketball too.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

I didn’t think Gonzaga belonged in that great conversation because they weren’t good at shooting threes. Nova is the last great team I’ve seen in college. They had 5 guys who can shoot threes. Divincenzo starts for the bucks, Brunson is a solid nba player, Bridges is a starter for a very good team, Paschall plays real minutes for the warriors.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I really didn’t want them to win because the media would have kept pushing that they were possibly the best ever. I just didn’t want to hear that narrative especially when I felt they were flawed.
    If Gonzaga had won they would not have been considered the best ever. Not even close.

Mac4Lyfe

If Gonzaga had won they would not have been considered the best ever. Not even close.
    A lot of talk radio today was saying just that. Do a quick google search on Gonzaga best ever and you will several articles suggesting they are. Scratching my head because I didn’t see it but that’s the media for you.