Originally posted on 09/05/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
im not basing my opinion off of this years pre season.. last season they were ranked in the top of Points Allowed... and they havent made any changes to the defense this season so their defense is still awful.. the saints can put up alot of points though thats really the only reason they win is cause they outscore their opponent.. not cause they are stopping them on defense lol
We got Nick Fairley at DT and drafted Sheldon Rankins with our first pick. Rankins broke his leg early this August and wont be back until week 6 at the earliest. But Fairley will get a push up the middle and we will put Jenkins who is in a contract year net to him and rotate him with Gwacham. Cam Jordan is a good DE and opposite him we have Kruger from Cleveland who is a 4-3 guy, while CLE tried him in the 3-4 and it didnt work. Edabali when healthy is a decent DE and he is healthy.The LBs are the best we have had in awhile. Lauranaitis is in the middle who is smart but not as athletic as most but with Anthony in the Sam and Ellerbe at weakside we will be much better. Anthony was a Rookie last year and had 100+ tackles in the middle LB spot. Craig Robertson is a great cover LB. Delvin Breaux is a top 5 CB in this league. We have decent depth at CB with 3 young guys in Crawly, Williams and Harris. Cortland Finnegan is here for his veteran presence and will play some.At safety Byrd is finally healthy but we drafted Vonn Bell to replace him. Vaccarro is like Harper. Both play great in the box. Harper is smart but not as athletic as you would like but the depth is there.Rob Ryan is gone. Thats a huge plus cause he sucks. His scheme is complicated and it doesnt work. Half the calls last year didnt make it on time during the games.Dennis Allen has simplified the defense so they are lined up faster. They will give multiple looks every series and attack. We will blitz alot. You live and die by the blitz but this wont be anywhere near the same defense as last year. The players are buying into the system and all are team oriented. They know what happened last year and they will improve this year. The philosophy has changed and players will be put into a position to succeed. We wont be the worst defense this year I can assure you.You are saying we didnt improve but we did. Im not here to say Saints are the play. The offensive line is the reason this isnt 100% Saints pick. The line looked horrible during preseason. We could turn the ball over 2 times and I wouldnt be surprised. Oakland has to travel across the US so they will be playing this game at 10 am their time. If Raiders would be +3 I would probably play on them but at -1 Saints its basically a PK. Saints cant start 0-1 at home and expect a decent season. I have them going 5-11 if the offensive line is a turnstile. We wont know until the game is played. I might play the Saints small but there are much better games on the board than this one.