jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Week 1 Raiders @ Saints

I got the Saints -1.

With them being at home I feel this is a great play. Am I missing something here?

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Saints ain't what they used to be. Would play Raiders or nothing. But if you go saints good luck.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

brees good at home, saints defense questionable to say the least, raiders have improved but how much from the recent signings ??? toss em game imo .... gl

tailingcuzisuck
    tailingcuzisuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I lean Raiders. Brees is past his prime. Raiders D with Mack and Bruce Irvin should get a nice pass rush. Saints D is weak. Carr should be able to hit Cooper for some big plays. Raiders should be afc west contenders while saints may finish last in NFC South.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

ovah

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Raiders or nothing, but probably nothing. I love the Raiders, but don't trust them to win on the road against anyone.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

saints defense is awful.. derek carr could very well come in the dome and drop 30.. that alone scares me. and i cant back the raiders this early in the season and feel confident about it. i have to see derek work a couple or a few weeks before i even look in their direction

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Lloyd Carr!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Raiders to dominate that college football defense.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

you guys haven't even seen the Saints defense this year. Don't jump the gun. Preseason is not the real thing.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    you guys haven't even seen the Saints defense this year. Don't jump the gun. Preseason is not the real thing.
    im not basing my opinion off of this years pre season.. last season they were ranked in the top of Points Allowed... and they havent made any changes to the defense this season so their defense is still awful.. the saints can put up alot of points though thats really the only reason they win is cause they outscore their opponent.. not cause they are stopping them on defense lol

POOLSIDE

I don't see them staying within two touchdowns of the Raiders if this becomes a shootout. Not against Oakland's defense. But this is a 10am start time for a young team who keeps hearing about how good they are. Scares me.

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Thanks for the input everyone. I will back out of this one. I was thinking no average team comes into the dome and wins but those days are over.

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    im not basing my opinion off of this years pre season.. last season they were ranked in the top of Points Allowed... and they havent made any changes to the defense this season so their defense is still awful.. the saints can put up alot of points though thats really the only reason they win is cause they outscore their opponent.. not cause they are stopping them on defense lol
    We got Nick Fairley at DT and drafted Sheldon Rankins with our first pick. Rankins broke his leg early this August and wont be back until week 6 at the earliest. But Fairley will get a push up the middle and we will put Jenkins who is in a contract year net to him and rotate him with Gwacham. Cam Jordan is a good DE and opposite him we have Kruger from Cleveland who is a 4-3 guy, while CLE tried him in the 3-4 and it didnt work. Edabali when healthy is a decent DE and he is healthy.The LBs are the best we have had in awhile. Lauranaitis is in the middle who is smart but not as athletic as most but with Anthony in the Sam and Ellerbe at weakside we will be much better. Anthony was a Rookie last year and had 100+ tackles in the middle LB spot. Craig Robertson is a great cover LB. Delvin Breaux is a top 5 CB in this league. We have decent depth at CB with 3 young guys in Crawly, Williams and Harris. Cortland Finnegan is here for his veteran presence and will play some.At safety Byrd is finally healthy but we drafted Vonn Bell to replace him. Vaccarro is like Harper. Both play great in the box. Harper is smart but not as athletic as you would like but the depth is there.Rob Ryan is gone. Thats a huge plus cause he sucks. His scheme is complicated and it doesnt work. Half the calls last year didnt make it on time during the games.Dennis Allen has simplified the defense so they are lined up faster. They will give multiple looks every series and attack. We will blitz alot. You live and die by the blitz but this wont be anywhere near the same defense as last year. The players are buying into the system and all are team oriented. They know what happened last year and they will improve this year. The philosophy has changed and players will be put into a position to succeed. We wont be the worst defense this year I can assure you.You are saying we didnt improve but we did. Im not here to say Saints are the play. The offensive line is the reason this isnt 100% Saints pick. The line looked horrible during preseason. We could turn the ball over 2 times and I wouldnt be surprised. Oakland has to travel across the US so they will be playing this game at 10 am their time. If Raiders would be +3 I would probably play on them but at -1 Saints its basically a PK. Saints cant start 0-1 at home and expect a decent season. I have them going 5-11 if the offensive line is a turnstile. We wont know until the game is played. I might play the Saints small but there are much better games on the board than this one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan1977 View Post
    We got Nick Fairley at DT and drafted Sheldon Rankins with our first pick. Rankins broke his leg early this August and wont be back until week 6 at the earliest. But Fairley will get a push up the middle and we will put Jenkins who is in a contract year net to him and rotate him with Gwacham. Cam Jordan is a good DE and opposite him we have Kruger from Cleveland who is a 4-3 guy, while CLE tried him in the 3-4 and it didnt work. Edabali when healthy is a decent DE and he is healthy.The LBs are the best we have had in awhile. Lauranaitis is in the middle who is smart but not as athletic as most but with Anthony in the Sam and Ellerbe at weakside we will be much better. Anthony was a Rookie last year and had 100+ tackles in the middle LB spot. Craig Robertson is a great cover LB. Delvin Breaux is a top 5 CB in this league. We have decent depth at CB with 3 young guys in Crawly, Williams and Harris. Cortland Finnegan is here for his veteran presence and will play some.At safety Byrd is finally healthy but we drafted Vonn Bell to replace him. Vaccarro is like Harper. Both play great in the box. Harper is smart but not as athletic as you would like but the depth is there.Rob Ryan is gone. Thats a huge plus cause he sucks. His scheme is complicated and it doesnt work. Half the calls last year didnt make it on time during the games.Dennis Allen has simplified the defense so they are lined up faster. They will give multiple looks every series and attack. We will blitz alot. You live and die by the blitz but this wont be anywhere near the same defense as last year. The players are buying into the system and all are team oriented. They know what happened last year and they will improve this year. The philosophy has changed and players will be put into a position to succeed. We wont be the worst defense this year I can assure you.You are saying we didnt improve but we did. Im not here to say Saints are the play. The offensive line is the reason this isnt 100% Saints pick. The line looked horrible during preseason. We could turn the ball over 2 times and I wouldnt be surprised. Oakland has to travel across the US so they will be playing this game at 10 am their time. If Raiders would be +3 I would probably play on them but at -1 Saints its basically a PK. Saints cant start 0-1 at home and expect a decent season. I have them going 5-11 if the offensive line is a turnstile. We wont know until the game is played. I might play the Saints small but there are much better games on the board than this one.
    Great post. More reason to stay away from this game.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Great post. More reason to stay away from this game.
    or more reason to fade the saints...

POOLSIDE

or more reason to fade the saints...
    Really? I though he did a pretty good job of objectively explaining why the Saints will be better on defense this year. Again, west coast team with a 10am start time in Louisiana. Doesn't feel like a recipe for success.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by jess40 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. I will back out of this one. I was thinking no average team comes into the dome and wins but those days are over.
    Yep. I remember when RG3 came to the dome and defeated that Saints defense in his rookie year.
    http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...core30818.html

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Really? I though he did a pretty good job of objectively explaining why the Saints will be better on defense this year. Again, west coast team with a 10am start time in Louisiana. Doesn't feel like a recipe for success.
    lol not really.. he did a great job breaking that down but i wouldnt feel comfortable fading oakland on the count of this is suppose to be the raiders year where they break out. as far as production, one team is going north, one team is going south.. i'll let you decide which team that is LOL like you said its more of a pass on the game.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Last year the Radiers were 7-9. They could have easily been 10-6 if they made a few more plays. I think this is the year they turn the corner. The Saints normally have the edge playing at home, but road teams have been getting wins in New Orleans the last few years.

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

lol not really.. he did a great job breaking that down but i wouldnt feel comfortable fading oakland on the count of this is suppose to be the raiders year where they break out. as far as production, one team is going north, one team is going south.. i'll let you decide which team that is LOL like you said its more of a pass on the game.
    The past 2 years the Saints have gone 7-9 with a HOF QB. Here is the thing, the top QBs in the league have a better chance of winning and getting to the post season than most teams that dont have one.

I can tell you why the Saints sucked the last 2 years since you obviously dont know. Dead money. We cut alot of players that we are still paying. We only average 2 keepers every other year in the draft and finally made the a scouting change. We let go a ton of veteran leadership because we used to have a habit of keeping players until it was too late. This defense will only get better. If Brees had a offensive line like in 2009, I would guarantee the post season, but the offensive line can hinder both the offense and defense.

Everyone is expecting Oakland to contend for the playoffs in the very near future. Everyone expected the Rams to contend the last 2 years. Im not saying thats how it will play out but when the public thinks one thing, go the opposite. Everyone says Saints suck( they do lol) but this is about ATS. This is not a great game to bet and I dont see Oakland as this up and coming powerhouse. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Saintsfan1977; 09-06-16 at 08:05 AM.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan1977 View Post
    The past 2 years the Saints have gone 7-9 with a HOF QB. Here is the thing, the top QBs in the league have a better chance of winning and getting to the post season than most teams that dont have one.

I can tell you why the Saints sucked the last 2 years since you obviously dont know
    . Dead money. We cut alot of players that we are still paying. We only average 2 keepers every other year in the draft and finally made the a scouting change. We let go a ton of veteran leadership because we used to have a habit of keeping players until it was too late. This defense will only get better. If Brees had a offensive line like in 2009, I would guarantee the post season, but the offensive line can hinder both the offense and defense.

Everyone is expecting Oakland to contend for the playoffs in the very near future. Everyone expected the Rams to contend the last 2 years. Im not saying thats how it will play out but when the public thinks one thing, go the opposite. Everyone says Saints suck( they do lol) but this is about ATS. This is not a great game to bet and I dont see Oakland as this up and coming powerhouse. I could be wrong though.
    lol saintsfan 1977 trust me i know why the saints suck.. i've watched and been a fan of drew brees since his charger days. Saints need a new O-line, new DB's, saints need new EVERYTHING.. saints need to rebuild around drew while hes still upright and active.. sucks to say but i see another 7-9 or 6-10 type of season for them again..

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I saw this line at ev I guess the public has pushed it to -1? Saints traditionally tough to beat at the super dome on home openers but neither team fits their respective traditional (recent) mold

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Only the desperate would wager on this game. Two teams that have more "If's" than talent. Pass.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I'll be rooting for my Raiders, but won't bet anything. Brees in general plays well at home, and very good record vs the Raiders all-time. I think the Raiders have a bright future this season, but won't lay money on them until I know what to expect from this team.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Looks like a track meet. Go UNDER! The NFL is crooked. I am going to go against my thoughts this year. I was horrible last year in pros. Not too good in college. I'm due!

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Right on zinister the nfl is as crooked as wall street and the nba. The refs however have less influence on the outcome of a game compared to nba refs. With that being said the total SHOULD sail over but 1 team may just not show up at all