Originally posted on 09/11/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by J_On_A_Roll View Post
Most of the guys on the team did not deserve to be punished from the start. These guys are averaging stellar G.P.A s and being positive role models for the community. Hackenburg is a awesome Q.B that will be playing on sundays. Trust me. He has a heck of a arm. This should put the team on "full tank" mode now. These guys are a bet all season long. They definitely got some fight in them now!
this argument makes me want to scream and I hear it all the time ! The sanctions were meant to punish Ped State and the program for participating in and covering up children being victimized in unthinkable ways!!! Yes the current players suffered but they all had the chance to transfer without penalty. Personally I think Ped state should have gotten the death penalty. And for the record I live in central Pennsylvania and WAS a huge Ped state and JoePa fan my entire life.

You out can argue and split hairs all you want as to what individual (Payerno, Curly,Spanier) was more to blame- fact is it doesn't matter- they all played a hand in it and as an institution and program they
were responsible therefore the program and institution needs to suffer the consequences.