Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Penn State bowl ban lifted by NCAA

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

so they can play in the college football playoff this year if they make it ?

if so i am rooting for Penn state.

Hackenburg is one hell of a QB.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Foster an atmosphere of child abuse...slap on wrist

give a guys parents a condo, death penalty
    Points Awarded:

redking gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

yeah fukk penn state. anyone playing for that school needs to get their heads checked.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    yeah fukk penn state. anyone playing for that school needs to get their heads checked.
    100 year tradition in one of the highest rated college academics in the country, shouldn't punish future generations of students for the sins of a few idiots.
    Over time, as the transcripts are broken down and real evidence is reviewed the Sundusky case was clearly a rush to judgement with a crowd mentality.
    Obviously bad things happened but the guilty will be long gone and Penn State will still be feeling the burden

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol whatever pal. fukk penn state and their football program.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

when did the pope become the head of ncaa?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

anybody considering a futures bet on Penn State?

now that ohio state , michigan, and ohio state are eliminated the door is wide open for Penn State to run the table and get into the playoffs

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I wonder who's dick they had to play with to get that result.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I wonder who's dick they had to play with to get that result.
    Probably Lee Corso

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

So lift the ban on a team that knew about little kids being raped but release the player for slapping a hoodrat. What a backwards world

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They got screwed

scandal had nothing to do with Penn St Players

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17036

penn state players were allowed to transfer without penalty werent they? if an nfl owner covered for his coach sexually abusing children then the nfl would take the team from him.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave fried cheese 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The NCAA fcks up everything but this is their worst. PSU shouldn't even be allowed to play the Scranton Royals.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mtek View Post
    100 year tradition in one of the highest rated college academics in the country, shouldn't punish future generations of students for the sins of a few idiots.
    Over time, as the transcripts are broken down and real evidence is reviewed the sundusky case was clearly a rush to judgement with a crowd mentality.
    Obviously bad things happened but the guilty will be long gone and penn state will still be feeling the burden
    stfu

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Most of the guys on the team did not deserve to be punished from the start. These guys are averaging stellar G.P.A s and being positive role models for the community. Hackenburg is a awesome Q.B that will be playing on sundays. Trust me. He has a heck of a arm. This should put the team on "full tank" mode now. These guys are a bet all season long. They definitely got some fight in them now!

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Over time, as the transcripts are broken down and real evidence is reviewed the Sundusky case was clearly a rush to judgement with a crowd mentality.
    Obviously bad things happened but the guilty will be long gone and Penn State will still be feeling the burden
    No difference then other sanctions handed after the guilty parties has left the punished school. The players were offered the chance to transfer without penalty by not exercising that option that agreeing to suffer along with the program.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I'm in the "punish the people and not the school" camp, and for the most part that has been done. Sandusky, gone. JoePa's legend will never truly be recognized outside of Happy Valley. IMO justice was served. No need to make it punitive and punish a bunch of people that had nothing to do with it. A lot of damage was already done to the program when a bunch of players transferred out.

"But Ralphie, molesting children and covering it up is despicable, and should be punished."

Yes, yes it is -- and it was, fairly.

"But I think when somebody goes to jail for a crime, their entire family, friends, and people they went to school with should get tasered every morning when they wake up too!"

Well, that's not how things work in real life. I'm sorry.

jjgold

Paterno also got screwed he followed exact protocol

The bigwigs should be in jail at Penn State

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The sanctions were outrageous to begin with. NCAA is a joke.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The sanctions were outrageous to begin with. NCAA is a joke.
    not only a scammer, liar and a fraud but also a pedo.

not surprised.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Shower Room State

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I hope they win the national championship for Joe paterno. That man deserves it. The NCAA and media is responsible for mudering Joe Paterno. They did that man wrong.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    anybody considering a futures bet on Penn State?

now that ohio state , michigan, and ohio state are eliminated the door is wide open for Penn State to run the table and get into the playoffs
    Are you really serious? Are you really that dumb? You cannot place a wager like that AFTER the season has started. That is why they call it "Futures".

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Are you really serious? Are you really that dumb? You cannot place a wager like that AFTER the season has started. That is why they call it "Futures".
    not true. vegas keeps these up all season they just adjust the odds accordingly.

and penn state was not even offered before the season started

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Oh dear.

1) Big Bear is right. 1986 was a long time ago BigDaddy, you can do a lot more with bets now.

2) How PSU ends up finishing is still in the "future".

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

This whole Penn State scandal and it's true roots were never exposed. I firmly believe the tentacles are much deeper than the general public knows.

Why did Penn State President Graham Spanier receive a classified Government postion after being terminated from Penn state working on special projects relating to national security?
    Former Nebraska State Senator John Decamp was given low budget and told to do an investigation into the Franklin savings loan scandal. Decamp uncovered a slew of information and tied the Franklin scandal to Penn State. He was told to back off and he didn't. Interesting for those who need the truth.
    Again, how does a man facing: child Endangerment, conspiracy and perjury charges get a high level classified Government postion?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    This whole Penn State scandal and it's true roots were never exposed. I firmly believe the tentacles are much deeper than the general public knows.

Why did Penn State President Graham Spanier receive a classified Government postion after being terminated from Penn state working on special projects relating to national security?
    Former Nebraska State Senator John Decamp was given low budget and told to do an investigation into the Franklin savings loan scandal. Decamp uncovered a slew of information and tied the Franklin scandal to Penn State. He was told to back off and he didn't. Interesting for those who need the truth.
    Again, how does a man facing: child Endangerment, conspiracy and perjury charges get a high level classified Government postion?

Which is exactly why I said these NCAA sanctions were bogus to begin with.

They were given the appearance of Penn State's punishment but what was (or would have been if they lasted the original duration) accomplished? Penalties against a football program don't even begin to bring justice to those involved in this situation.
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 09-09-14 at 02:13 PM.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Glad to see the ban lifted...didn't make sense to make these current players suffer

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by 3runhomer View Post
    Glad to see the ban lifted...didn't make sense to make these current players suffer
    What stupid logic.

How exactly is any player suffering?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Oh dear.

1) Big Bear is right. 1986 was a long time ago BigDaddy, you can do a lot more with bets now.

2) How PSU ends up finishing is still in the "future".

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue for sure
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

jjgold

Penn State will be a national power again

They are already very competitive

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    People like this dipshit think it's about the university. They think it's about the "students". They think it's about history.

It's about money. That's it. It wouldn't have mattered if Penn St did nothing to make changes and openly told everyone to go to hell. They still would'a got this pass.

I wish nothing but the worst for the NCAA. All those schools. All those coaches. But mostly, their phuked up alum.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17036

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Which is exactly why I said these NCAA sanctions were bogus to begin with.

They were given the appearance of Penn State's punishment but what was (or would have been if they lasted the original duration) accomplished? Penalties against a football program don't even begin to bring justice to those involved in this situation.
    penalties are to deter other programs from covering shit like this up in the future. ncaa is a pos though. colleges already cover up tons of rapes.

123 Last