Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20297004'>posted</a> on 11/18/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
So I have seen people make a lot of money betting soccer. Im not particularly interested in the sport, unless there is money involved, and my friends are all crazy about it, so I thought i'd educate my self, and maybe it would get more exciting watching them kick the ball around.
I would recommend to become a fan of soccer watch the World Cup, which is a few months away in Brazil 2014, you'll be able to see some of the best soccer on ESPN every day for a month. That soccer is of the highest level, and the easiest to become a fan of. Unless of course, a minnow is playing. The World Cup which is every 4 years. Pick a team to follow. If you are an American of course follow the USA. If you're from a country that's not in the World Cup and adopt some of the teams. And follow them closely. They might make upsets. Which of course = Big Bets!

I say "BEFORE YOU PLACE BETS" follow 3 leagues really closely. Maybe for 2 - 4 weeks. The English leauge EPL (games every week even in Xmas, maybe the German Bundesliga, maybe French or Italian or Mexican and maybe even Major Leauge Soccer (not because its the most exciting to watch, because some teams are not exciting to watch, but because I've never seen teams go on big streaks ((winning or loosing) as they do in MLS.)

As already said, FC Barcelona is not currently a good bet a they are not as good as they used to be and Messi is injured for weeks / months.

Also, DO NOT place bets on the Argentine league (maybe my favorite league after EPL) or the Brazilian league (which does produce some amazing players & teams) because this year those teams are too eratic. There are too many easy games the supperior teams are loosing to middle & low level teams. And too many games that the bottom dwellers are over reaching and winning against medium level teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
Also which is good things to look for? I hear a team using their "reserveplayers" is a good indication that they are likely gonna do bad. Some general tips like that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Excellent question! I recommend pick a team in the EPL to be your team. Read Bleacher report, Goal.com reports and of course the big s0ccer forums. So maybe pick Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester City as your team. Sometimes, during the European night "UEFA Champions League" Wed. night games they will play their reserve / youngsters players if they have a big game for 1st place (in the EPL) vs Manchester United or Liverpool. AND 'your team' has already been disqualified or has already qualified to the next round of champions leauge.

Honestly just pick 1 of the top 5 teams in the EPL. And follow them religiously. DON"T BET on your team for at least 2 - 5 weeks, till you get an idea of how the coach rests star players.

AND OH YEAH LAST TIP. ((Placing bets 60 - 10 mins. before a game from twitter line-up))

If you have a big soccer wager. WAIT till 60 mins. - 15 mins. before the start of the game. That's when teams release their starting line up. You can usually find it on a twitter feed. If your team has 3 of your superstar regulars resting. And the other team has none. Might not be the day to place a bet in your team. But maybe a good night to bet against your team!!!