Originally posted on 10/19/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
Does anyone else think in football its too easy for the refs to control the outcome of a game through defensive pass interference penalties? I mean yardage wise its such a huge penalty....can put the other team at the 1 yard line or deep in opposing teams side of the field with just one play.

im not saying the games are fixed but seems it would be easy to do so and chalk it up to a few bad calls or calls that could go either way but were called in offensive team's favor.

i see so many pass interference penalties week in week out that should be no calls or could be offensive PI.
I will say it for you. The games are fixed, not all of them, just enough to keep the betting public off balance. I am a Patriots fan but it is pretty hard to deny the Pats had some serious help from the refs in beating the Saints. So much money changes hands through sports betting that people would be foolish to believe that there are not some games being fixed. The easiest way to fix a game is to get a ref in your pocket. They can influence the game more then any star player on the field. This is not something to get upset about, it is a fact of life. If you can figure out what side to be on in a fix then it is money in the bank. Being on the outside you are just guessing but there are patterns that emerge. Read "The Fix is In" by Brian Toughy and "Personal Foul" by Tim Donaghy. It will change your perspective on pro sports radically. Anyone who believes this stuff is not still going on is totally naïve.