Originally posted on 03/25/2013:

If you have 3k and want to explore this life of sports betting and poker then do it online from home first. Grind the 3k from the comfort of you're home to a real bankroll. If it goes well after a year or 2, then go out there w/ some capital.

I don't have much money but come on man , I've dropped 3k at a roulette table in a few hours before.

I wouldn't consider going w/ less than 30k. I'd be comfortable than and could also have fun at the same time. I'm not going to live like a bum and hoping I can go 4-2 in $8 wagers on the day to pay for a few drinks.

Grind local poker tournaments/cash games and post up on a 5 dimes/heritage/bookmaker w/ you're 3k. When you get to 20k maybe you can this discuss this but w/ a much better plan.

Listen,

I literally lived at the taj for 2 years and thought I wanted that life. It's great but its so mentally draining day in and day out, especially if you don't have a 'crew' w/ you.

Now I just want to run my business, and take short trips that will fulfill that lifestyle.

Of course if I came into life changing money I would live like that, GL