Originally posted on 02/02/2013:

Hmmm, I'm on the other side. I was big on Fitch>Erik Silva and a lot of people thought I was an idiot, so I in no way underestimate Fitch's skillset at all. But if this fight had been made prior to that, the odds would have been very different. All of a sudden Fitch is apparently unstoppable, and that simply isn't the case, no one is, and the person best suited to doing it is Maia. Prior to the Silva fight that was pretty much the consensus, but now all of a sudden there's been some collective amnesia based on him beating an entirely different kinda fighter in a favourable match-up.

At 170 Maia is a grappling beast; DHK is much more difficult to takedown than Fitch and Maia got him down easily straight off the bat. Story too, though his tdd is always awful, so that gets little credence other than to show that Maia's gone back to what he's good at. +400 on Maia sub is like a gift from the gods. Your money bro, but I'd at least hedge on the sub.

Fitch is unsubbable like Leben used to be un-ko'able, giving up his back like free shots to the chin; he's getting cocky at this point and basically asking for it.