Originally posted on 11/22/2012:

It's getting to the point that hardcore fans like myself have stopped giving a shit. People living in the real world with real problems see both sides as a$$holes for fighting over problems that we could only dream of having...

I used to go to games on a regular basis but gave that up when they started treating smokers like cattle by forcing us to 1 small outdoor section that was always crowded & hard to get to -- I'd end up wasting an entire intermission just to try & grab a quick smoke...

I'm don't even want to talk about the $9 beers or the battle to have a squirt...

Needless to say, they have not earned a dime from me in gate revenue in a while. Will I come back - WHY? I can get a whole 24 for the price of 3 'game beers'--- there's no battle to have a squirt---I can hit pause on my PVR whenever I need to stop the action for whatever reason---I can have a smoke any time I feel like it without feeling like a pariah.

At the start of the season, I really missed my NHL. Now, with all the 'Tom Fukery' going on, I want to see both sides punished and punished severely. Lord knows the greedy bastards deserve it.

I've filled the gap with NFL & College football.

The ones that I feel sorry for are the folks that rely on the NHL for their $$$ --- rink staff, concession staff, bars, sporting goods shops etc. It's too bad that they are the collateral damage in this whole fiasco.

That being said, I hope they reach an agreement and return to play in empty arenas across NA and realize their true place in the scheme of things - entertainment. They did not save anyone's life, did not find any cures for diseases, and did not make the world a better place. They only showed us the depths of their greed.