mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

Lockout Updates

Gents,

I have been fortunate to have Michael Russo as the Wild's beat writer. He is one of the best in the league, and I recommend you give his "Rants" a read.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/bl...sos_Rants.html

Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

It's getting to the point that hardcore fans like myself have stopped giving a shit. People living in the real world with real problems see both sides as a$$holes for fighting over problems that we could only dream of having...

I used to go to games on a regular basis but gave that up when they started treating smokers like cattle by forcing us to 1 small outdoor section that was always crowded & hard to get to -- I'd end up wasting an entire intermission just to try & grab a quick smoke...

I'm don't even want to talk about the $9 beers or the battle to have a squirt...

Needless to say, they have not earned a dime from me in gate revenue in a while. Will I come back - WHY? I can get a whole 24 for the price of 3 'game beers'--- there's no battle to have a squirt---I can hit pause on my PVR whenever I need to stop the action for whatever reason---I can have a smoke any time I feel like it without feeling like a pariah.

At the start of the season, I really missed my NHL. Now, with all the 'Tom Fukery' going on, I want to see both sides punished and punished severely. Lord knows the greedy bastards deserve it.

I've filled the gap with NFL & College football.

The ones that I feel sorry for are the folks that rely on the NHL for their $$$ --- rink staff, concession staff, bars, sporting goods shops etc. It's too bad that they are the collateral damage in this whole fiasco.

That being said, I hope they reach an agreement and return to play in empty arenas across NA and realize their true place in the scheme of things - entertainment. They did not save anyone's life, did not find any cures for diseases, and did not make the world a better place. They only showed us the depths of their greed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ColdBeerHere

mnwild11

Couldn't agree with you more redman. I'll still watch and probably buy the centerice package when/if there is a season just because I dont care for the local team here. They are digging the hole even deeper, and long time fans of hockey will soon be few and far between. What a shame...

Redman3693

Quote Originally Posted by mnwild11 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more redman. I'll still watch and probably buy the centerice package when/if there is a season just because I dont care for the local team here. They are digging the hole even deeper, and long time fans of hockey will soon be few and far between. What a shame...

Why even give them one red cent... There are so many free viewing options available for folks with an internet connection. Here are a few links that you can use when the games come back:

www.firstrowsports.eu
    www.vipbox.tv
    http://www.usagoals.com/
    http://www.frombar.tv/

I have many more as well - just shoot me a PM if there is a game you are looking for & I'll help out if I can.

All that I do is connect my laptop to the wide screen with a DVI cable & presto! No need to purchase anything.

The links I shared are great for many events including UFC (the GSP fight was a great battle )

I'd love it if the fans went on strike and all those greedy funkers who take their fans for granted lose their $$$. The arrogance of both sides is astounding... and confounding at the same time because there is a huge pile of $$$ that's not being made each and every day they act like little schoolkids throwing tantrums. Their mama's should bend them over and give them a good old-fashioned bare-assed spanking and then send them to their rooms with no dinner.

mnwild11

Thanks for the sites redman, I'll check those out. Only problem...I have tried that before and must say trying to watch hockey on the internet can be extremely difficult. I do hook my comp up to the TV as well. Any of those sites stream in good quality regularly?

mnwild11

and also agree, the amount of revenue lost by bars, eateries, etc is ludicrous. Truly a shame, and to think this is not being considered whatsoever in these negotiations...shameful

mnwild11

All star game cancelled, not a huge fan of it but still disappointing

Redman3693

Thanks for the sites redman, I'll check those out. Only problem...I have tried that before and must say trying to watch hockey on the internet can be extremely difficult. I do hook my comp up to the TV as well. Any of those sites stream in good quality regularly?

Sometimes the quality can be less than stellar, but I can usually find a site with reasonable quality. Many times the quality will depend on the speed of your connection and the power of your laptop as well. Also, I made a mistake earlier when I said I connected through DVI -- I meant to say HDMI (which carries both audio & video signals).

Cheers

mnwild11

thanks redman

Redman3693

Good article.

Both the owners & players would have made Houdini proud with the disappearing act... Personally, I feel that it may have gone even farther than that.

I consider myself a hardcore fan as I have been watching NHL for over 4 decades. Right now I am at the point where I want to see some bloodletting -- owners filing for chapter 7, players losing their house, etc. I am downright pissed at their arrogance.

I found it amusing that the 94' baseball strike was brought up - I had tickets for the game between the Blue Jays & Expos (actually brought my wife & kids with me to Toronto) when the strike was called. I swore off baseball from that day. This is actually the first year that I started looking at the games again.

I doubt that I will go that long when they return (NHL), but I sure as hell will not be contributing to their revenue stream.

My only bitch now is that the football season is too short... (also pissed at myself for missing a week of 'BTP' contest... I've clawed my way up to 13th place & looking good for a 5-0 sweep this week

Cheers

mnwild11

lots of cautious optimism floating around today. Lets hope for the best

HockeySB
    HockeySB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

lots of cautious optimism floating around today. Lets hope for the best
    Looks like sid the kid may had an impact on today's negociation

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by HockeySB View Post
    Looks like sid the kid may had an impact on today's negociation
    Hey Reg, you ready for some hockey ?

TB12
    GO PATS
    TB12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I'm dying for my Bruins!

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I'm kinda confuse. Some guy told me this morning the leafs traded reimer for luongo but trade hasn't been official cuz of the lockout. I haven't read this anywhere.. But he looks serious abt it. What's the deal?

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson

well now they are sounding less optimistic...this has gone beyond ridiculous.

millionaires fighting over extra millions....meanwhile blue collar workers at the arenas, and surrounding businesses are suffering...

I'm disgusted.

iceman212
    iceman212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1704

I don't think we will see hockey this year, maybe next year???

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

With what happened today I`m sure we will not have hockey this season.
    I can`t believe it, Fukkkk the union.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    I'm kinda confuse. Some guy told me this morning the leafs traded reimer for luongo but trade hasn't been official cuz of the lockout. I haven't read this anywhere.. But he looks serious abt it. What's the deal?
    They did trade for Luongo....After they acquired him they sent him down to the Marlies...You'll see him suit up this weekend.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

I'm not sure if these dummies realize they're fighting over an amount of money that they wont see again for 5 years plus. They're runing the game and making fans extremely pissed off. I wont go to a game for awhile, and I hope a lot of other people dont either.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    I'm not sure if these dummies realize they're fighting over an amount of money that they wont see again for 5 years plus. They're runing the game and making fans extremely pissed off. I wont go to a game for awhile, and I hope a lot of other people dont either.
    Fans "talk" is all cheap and they'll be back to buying tickets.

Look at attendance figures after every lockout.

mnwild11

maybe I jinxed it.

Those fukkers need to figure this out. I love how all of the progress has come minus the heads (Bettman, Fehr) out of the room. Also, totally puzzled as to why there has not yet been a vote within the PA. The issue with max contract years would only apply to such a select few players....could be the ket to ending this.

mnwild11

One thing I forgot to add, how are players compensated if indeed there is no season at all?

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

All star game cancelled
    Good!

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

ohhh just chit can the whole season already....phukkin pricks dangling this carrot so long im done wanting for it. phukk em.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Over 8 days since last post on lockout. Only hockey fans are even aware of a lockout and the same suckers will buying tickets for the first game back. Cancelling a season only happens in Canadian sports. Reminds me of the Hostess Union negotiations which resulted in bankruptcy.

mnwild11

this thing is done and dusted folks, chalk up the season. What a SHAME