Quote Originally Posted by taxer View Post
Already got em , San diego needs to win this and they will . Brian Gagabert cannot keep up

Phillip Rivers is going to wreck Jax

SD -3 a gift?
SD has is 0-6 ATS and 0-6 SU.
Something is terrbily wrong with SD... and possibly Rivers, he is "off" for sure.
And there are very STRONG rumors their head coach is getting fired.
There are 8 teams with 5 losses or less in the AFC, SD has 7... how are they going to catch and pass up enough teams to get into the playoffs?
Somewhat similar setup as Philly @ Seattle + 3.(with some differences, of course)
2,000 miles away visiting favorite, national TV nite game, SD has given up, Jax at least is at home with a crowd, they are bad but building for the future whereas SD is crestfallen, they thought they were Super Bowl material.
Jax has better running game, OL, and DL than SD.
SD has a better QB of course, but something is wrong with Rivers, I bet they tell us he has bad ribs or a minor elbow injury or something... I wish Jax would start McGowan instead of Gabbert, he will be good but is not really ready, came out early for the draft, should have stayed another yr at MU and should NOT have started in NFL his first year.
The games are won on emotion and in the trenches, and Jax has better lineman on both sides.
Jax is used to being out of the playoffs just like Seattle was...and is playing for contracts, personal playing time, future starting roles, etc, but SD just hit that wall last week with its 7th loss... like Philly did.
A lot of times an interim coach does well... the team goes on a mini run... I am trying to find if the players at Jax like the interim guy (truly) and / or did they hate the former coach. If they want the interim to be their new coach, then, WHOA, bet BIG on Jacksonville. ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?
Jax +3. (Medium. BIG if they hated their previous head coach, bigger if they also want the interim to be their new head coach)