ogtobme
    ogtobme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantastic defense?? Read up above what falconticket said. AND REMEMBER DALLAS IS WAITING.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by ogtobme View Post
    Fantastic defense?? Read up above what falconticket said. AND REMEMBER DALLAS IS WAITING.
    the giants are top 5 in the league in total defense

and Dallas is waiting??

Dallas has one of the worst defenses in the entire league. Mike Vick will assrape that secondary for 350 yards and 4 total touchdowns

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    this guy has not only been the best player in the league, but he has clearly been the most valuable

the eagles record when Vick starts and finishes the game - 6-1 (best winning percentage in the league)
    eagles record otherwise - 2 -3

Vick turns this team from an average ballclub to a superbowl contender.

now, on to individual stats. If you look at total output, in terms of rushing AND passing, nobody is even close to Vick

total yards per game: Vick - 340 yards per game (next closest is rivers around 300)
    total touchdowns per game: Vick - 2.7 touchdowns per game (next closest is again rivers at around 2.2 per game)
    QB Rating: Vick - 105.6 (just a hair behind Tom Brady)

now, I know some people are gonna argue Tom Brady, but brady's total output is not even close to Vick. Brady averages 240 total yards per game compared to nearly 340 for Vick, and he also averages almost a full TD less per game than Vick

and none of this even describes how the threat of Vick running the ball himself helps open up the running game for guys like McCoy. Mccoy averages 5.77 yards per carry when Vick is starting compared to 3.8 with Kolb
    Really? Vick only ranks 22nd in the league based on PASSING stats alone. You're dismissing Brady and Rodgers way to easily. Look at their numbers again. How valuable do you think Rodgers is to GB? Do they even have a running game with Grant going down? If the Packers run the table their last 4 games, Rodgers has a shot at MVP. Vick and the Eagles will have to win the East for Vick to have a shot at MVP. Vick's having a great year but to say he's the clear front runner at this point is premature on your part.
    Last edited by Stevedore; 12-06-10 at 06:33 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

and Vick doesn't do that??

vick's eagles have a better record when he plays than do the patriots...and Vick would be 7-0 if his defense was halfway decent in that game against the bears

the difference is that Brady is nowhere near the all around threat that Vick is. Vick is dynamite when it comes to deep throws, intermediate, short throws, screens, etc... and he is like a second running back (he would run for 1000 yards this year if he played the entire season). You think the pats are an excellent offense right?? they average 30 points per game... well the eagles average nearly 35 points per game with Vick in there.

his presence is so devastating to defenses that guys like La Shawn Mccoy just put up monster numbers when they play with him. That same presence is not there with Brady
    Silly thread, season not over.

ogtobme

ON PAPER,THEY SHOULD.BUT THAT IS THE NFL.AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.THIS SUNDAY IN DALLAS,PHILA.SHOULD WIN,BUT WE WILL SEE,THEN AGAIN IN JAN.I AM A DALLAS FAN TRUE AND TRUE,but watch Josh Freeman from Tampa Bay,and I heard he doesn't have any dogs either.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Really? You're dismissing Brady and Rodgers way to easily. Look at their numbers again. How valuable do you think Rodgers is to GB? Do they even have a running game with Grant going down? If the Packers run the table their last 4 games, Rodgers has a shot at MVP. Vick and the Eagles will have to win the East for Vick to have a shot at MVP. Vick's having a great year but to say he's the clear front runner at this point is premature on your part.

I love Aaron rodgers, but he is just a B level version of Mike Vick in terms of running and throwing

Vick is a much better thrower and a much better runner than Rodgers and the eagles average 10 more points per game with Vick than green bay averages with Rodgers.

brahmabull117

ON PAPER,THEY SHOULD.BUT THAT IS THE NFL.AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.THIS SUNDAY IN DALLAS,PHILA.SHOULD WIN,BUT WE WILL SEE,THEN AGAIN IN JAN.I AM A DALLAS FAN TRUE AND TRUE,but watch Josh Freeman from Tampa Bay,and I heard he doesn't have any dogs either.

your cowboys' defense has gotten destroyed in nearly every game they have played this year. They just gave up 200 yards to Reggie Wayne

you think Vick is gonna have trouble shredding that defense?

He will have 350 yards minimum...probably closer to 400 yards

ogtobme

Well said brahmabull117.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Most vicious puppykiller?

ogtobme

Almost wet my pants laughing falconticket.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Most vicious puppykiller?

you are the idiot who said that Vick laid an egg against houston when he had 350 yards, 3 Total TDs and a 105 QB rating right???

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahama- my last post to you ever-
    You will never see the point of anyone's arguement but your own. It is very obvious by your last 2 threads. So, with that being said... why do post? just so you can read people that think the same thing you do? That seems boring. If i make a thread (few and far between) it is so I can see the other people on the other side of things opinion. I don't make too many threads saying I am right you are wrong. Why do you need a thread for that? You have an opinion, I have one. But don't make a post about Vick getting MVP and bash anyone that thinks different. What is the point?
    Do you want 30 peoples reply to be

1). Vick should win 2 dude!
    2). Vick is the best ever!
    3). You are right Vick is awesome!
    4). Vick Rules!
    5). Pound Puppies for life!

I mean seriously????

ogtobme

I can see vic playing well against AWESOME HOUSTON,some college teams could beat them like Auburn or Oregon.

ogtobme

#5 chiliv5, laughed my ass off again.

chiliv5

thanks, but i liked falcon's last one the best......

ogtobme

That was funny also. The mighty Vic,MVP???????????????????? Not in the NFL, or in any dog pound.

brahmabull117

I can see vic playing well against AWESOME HOUSTON,some college teams could beat them like Auburn or Oregon.
    Vick also put up 102 QB rating and 280 total yards in 1 half...yes that's ONE HALF against the best defense in the league (green bay) in week 1

look up the stats. Green Bay is #1 in the league in team defense at 15.2 points per game

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    Brahama- my last post to you ever-
    You will never see the point of anyone's arguement but your own. It is very obvious by your last 2 threads. So, with that being said... why do post? just so you can read people that think the same thing you do? That seems boring. If i make a thread (few and far between) it is so I can see the other people on the other side of things opinion. I don't make too many threads saying I am right you are wrong. Why do you need a thread for that? You have an opinion, I have one. But don't make a post about Vick getting MVP and bash anyone that thinks different. What is the point?

this is a discussion forum, people come here to argue against other passionate football fans

basically, it breaks down like this. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the ktichen

falconticket

you are the idiot who said that Vick laid an egg against houston when he had 350 yards, 3 Total TDs and a 105 QB rating right???
    Just a matter of time. I didn't think he played especially well against houston. I pushed though.

chiliv5

you got me.... one more-

did you use the word "passionate" in a gambling thread?

wow....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    you got me.... one more-

did you use the word "passionate" in a gambling thread?

wow....
    this is more of a straight up football thread, rather than a gambling thread

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Just a matter of time. I didn't think he played especially well against houston. I pushed though.

350 yards and 105 QB Rating... he didn't play well

ogtobme

"passionate" YIKES. Football fanatics maybe,but "passionate"??????????????????

chiliv5

even worse..... good bye and good luck buddy!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

is this charles barkley?

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

i hope that Vick throws for 20 TDs and 0 INTs the rest of the year and then doesn't win the MVP

falconticket

I wished the falcons would hire him (Vick) back. He would be great running beers back and forth around the dome.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Vick will not win MVP, it's great he's 6-1 as a starter and all the other stats he's got. We don't know what he would have done in the other games he did not start. That being said, any player would be hard pressed to win MVP in a season where they didn't start every game. I just don't see it happening, Brady, Rodgers or possibly even Rivers if they stay healthy.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm amazed you know meaning of the word travesty

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

[QUOTE=brahmabull117;7812621]Vick also put up 102 QB rating and 280 total yards in 1 half...yes that's ONE HALF against the best defense in the league (green bay) in week 1

look up the stats. Green Bay is #1 in the league in team defense at 15.2 points per game

this is a discussion forum, people come here to argue against other passionate football fans

basically, it breaks down like this. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the ktichen [/QUOTE

Nice try... You think Vick would've put up those numbers on GB if GB game planned for him? Kolb gets knocked out and then Vick starts running around and goes into his act. Give Capers and GB's defense a week to prepare and that shit do go down. What did Vick do against the Bears? Thought so.. Bracket him and make him a thrower is the way to beat him. He's a better thrower than Rodgers? C'mon.. Rodgers can easily throw 60+ in the air just like Vick, has over a 1000 yards more than Vick and 7 more TD's too. Only thing Vick has on Rodgers is rushing yards barely. Rodgers has over 240 yards this year on scrambles. Vick has 200 more rushing yards with rushing plays drawn up for him unlike Aaron. Which is more impressive?

brahmabull117

What did Vick do against the Bears?
    are u fukking dumb?? Vick had 95 QB rating and 380 total yards against the Bears, since when are those bad numbers?? against a defense as good as the Bears, he played great...

Rodgers has over a 1000 yards more than Vick and 7 more TD's too.
    you are trolling here right??

rodgers has played the whole season...Vick has only played about 7 and a half games

Vick average total yards per game - 340
    Rodgers - 260

it's not even remotely close

Vick>>>>>>>>>>Rodgers

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Nice try... You think Vick would've put up those numbers on GB if GB game planned for him? Kolb gets knocked out and then Vick starts running around and goes into his act. Give Capers and GB's defense a week to prepare and that shit do go down. What did Vick do against the Bears? Thought so.. Bracket him and make him a thrower is the way to beat him. He's a better thrower than Rodgers? C'mon.. Rodgers can easily throw 60+ in the air just like Vick, has over a 1000 yards more than Vick and 7 more TD's too. Only thing Vick has on Rodgers is rushing yards barely. Rodgers has over 240 yards this year on scrambles. Vick has 200 more rushing yards with rushing plays drawn up for him unlike Aaron. Which is more impressive?
    And 7 more interceptions. 1000 yards more only because he's played more games. In terms of per game stats they are very close. Those int's and Vick's ability to get out of the pocket and evade sacks gives Vick an edge (he's close on sacks only by technicality). When it's all said and done I'd rather have Vick than any QB in the league because of his versatility. When he escapes the pocket and keeps an eye on his receivers he's a great QB. It's when he escapes and thinks run first that diminishes his value.

Still hard to compete with Brady though.

falconticket

Attached Images  

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Vick>>>>>>>>>>Rodgers
    FAIL

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

right now i say brady.

PSABB
    PSABB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

I'm from South Jersey, so the Eagles are my team...and I do believe that Vick has the stats (in the games he has played) to merit consideration. He's a force, he's running well, throwing exceptional and making all the right reads. As I mentioned the other day, would love to see him win it.

That being said...after watching Brady last night...there is no way in hell anyone other than Brady gets it if he plays at even 75% of what he's done this season. Last night he showed again why he is simply the best damn QB in the league.

And for those of you that are gonna scream Manning is just as good...puh-lease don't even go there. Brady is the best, period.

BallU13
    BallU13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick needs to win at least one postseason game this year to back it up. Problem is, he is about the 3rd or 4th best qb this year.

First 123 Last