brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

If Mike Vick Doesn't Win the MVP this year, It's a Complete Travesty

this guy has not only been the best player in the league, but he has clearly been the most valuable

the eagles record when Vick starts and finishes the game - 6-1 (best winning percentage in the league)
    eagles record otherwise - 2 -3

Vick turns this team from an average ballclub to a superbowl contender.

now, on to individual stats. If you look at total output, in terms of rushing AND passing, nobody is even close to Vick

total yards per game: Vick - 340 yards per game (next closest is rivers around 300)
    total touchdowns per game: Vick - 2.7 touchdowns per game (next closest is again rivers at around 2.2 per game)
    QB Rating: Vick - 105.6 (just a hair behind Tom Brady)

now, I know some people are gonna argue Tom Brady, but brady's total output is not even close to Vick. Brady averages 240 total yards per game compared to nearly 340 for Vick, and he also averages almost a full TD less per game than Vick

and none of this even describes how the threat of Vick running the ball himself helps open up the running game for guys like McCoy. Mccoy averages 5.77 yards per carry when Vick is starting compared to 3.8 with Kolb
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-06-10 at 04:21 PM.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Idk if you've noticed yet or not, but Brady isn't built on stats. He does what he has to to win. He very rarely loses games (ie:Manning) and manages games perfectly. If the Pats lose 1 game the rest of the season, Brady wins MVP.

I have NOTHING against Vick, the best athlete in the NFL IMO. Missing those games is the difference right now. If he played every game, he would have a better shot. If he keeps this pace though (I'm assuming he won't), he has a very good chance

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

matt ryan will edge michael vick for MVP...believe that!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Idk if you've noticed yet or not, but Brady isn't built on stats. He does what he has to to win. He very rarely loses games (ie:Manning) and manages games perfectly.
    and Vick doesn't do that??

vick's eagles have a better record when he plays than do the patriots...and Vick would be 7-0 if his defense was halfway decent in that game against the bears

the difference is that Brady is nowhere near the all around threat that Vick is. Vick is dynamite when it comes to deep throws, intermediate, short throws, screens, etc... and he is like a second running back (he would run for 1000 yards this year if he played the entire season). You think the pats are an excellent offense right?? they average 30 points per game... well the eagles average nearly 35 points per game with Vick in there.

his presence is so devastating to defenses that guys like La Shawn Mccoy just put up monster numbers when they play with him. That same presence is not there with Brady
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-06-10 at 04:34 PM.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

the only think making this uncertain is how the whole electrocuting dogs thing. otherwise its a no-brainer. i personally hope he wins it, hes the most exciting player in the league by far and who doesnt love a great redemption story?
    Last edited by irlandais_noir; 12-06-10 at 04:37 PM.

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

yeah now that i think again i bet if he continues the way he has he will win the sympathy vote, even though he missed a couple games

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    yeah now that i think again i bet if he continues the way he has he will win the sympathy vote, even though he missed a couple games
    sympathy vote?? he is the best player in the league and it's really not even close

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

No doubt Vick is a dynamic player, but he hasn't played the whole season and he's putting up some great numbers against some shitty NFC Teams. What would his numbers be against the best in the AFC? I argue they would be considerably less. JMO on it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

you serious bro? what about Brady? He has a bunch of scrubs on his team- guys like woodhead and branch who were irrelevant before they came to the pats. a 31st ranked defense, and he's go tthe best record in the AFC.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    No doubt Vick is a dynamic player, but he hasn't played the whole season and he's putting up some great numbers against some shitty NFC Teams. What would his numbers be against the best in the AFC? I argue they would be considerably less. JMO on it.
    he has put up fantastic numbers this year against green bay, chicago and NYG. Those are 3 of the best defenses in the entire league

and his numbers would have been much much better against NYG if his damn receivers didn't drop easy touchdown passes

Nard Dog
    Nard Dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

There is still 1/4 of the season left. Lots of important games left to be played. Anything can happen but as of this moment I'd go with Vick.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    you serious bro? what about Brady? He has a bunch of scrubs on his team- guys like woodhead and branch who were irrelevant before they came to the pats. a 31st ranked defense, and he's go tthe best record in the AFC.
    eagles receivers have dropped more touchdown passes than any other team I have seen

3 alone in the giants game

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

brahama-
    weren't you the one telling everyone how dumd we were when we said Chicago wouldn't cover this weekend? Now this Vick post???? come on man....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    brahama- weren't you the one telling everyone how dumd we were when we said Chicago wouldn't cover this weekend? Now this Vick post???? come on man....

what does the chicago game have to do with this thread??

the bears cover that spread 9 out of 10 times, that was the 1 time in which they didn't

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Woodhead, yes I agree the guy is a scrub who has only been doing what hes been doing because Brady is getting the ball to him in the right spots.

Branch on the other hand, the dude is a stud. Hes won a Super Bowl with the Patriots and then they let him go. He was a no body on the Seahawks and is now managing to put together a decent season replacing R.Moss. Don't ever call Dieon motherfuking Branch a scrub!

ogtobme
    ogtobme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember this name JOSH FREEMAN from Tampa Bay,better runner,the sme passer as Vic.I am not a Tampa Fan I like Dallas,but Vick's game against Wash.was a fluke.He got nothing the next week against Minn. WITHOUT ADRIAN PETERSON playing the Vikes.Vick came down to earth.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ogtobme View Post
    Remember this name JOSH FREEMAN from Tampa Bay,better runner,the sme passer as Vic.I am not a Tampa Fan I like Dallas,but Vick's game against Wash.was a fluke.He got nothing the next week against Minn. WITHOUT ADRIAN PETERSON playing the Vikes.Vick came down to earth.

what the hell are you talking about??

freeman is nowhere near as good as Mike Vick

ogtobme

Check the STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSABB
    PSABB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

I'd have to agree, based on the stats and what he's meant to the team. The only thing is...does the NFL want a "black eye" for having him as their MVP based on his past transgressions...or do they want the "feel good comeback" angle? Don't kid yourself if you don't think this will play VERY heavily into it.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post

Woodhead, yes I agree the guy is a scrub who has only been doing what hes been doing because Brady is getting the ball to him in the right spots.

Branch on the other hand, the dude is a stud. Hes won a Super Bowl with the Patriots and then they let him go. He was a no body on the Seahawks and is now managing to put together a decent season replacing R.Moss. Don't ever call Dieon motherfuking Branch a scrub!
    why was he such a shit on when he left the pats? Brady makes him bro and brady won him that superbowl mvp. look at these guys hernadez and others brady makes into legit players. these guys are no bodies bro brady is the best qb ever to play manning is not even on his level. brady had his first top 5 receiver in his career that one year with moss and look what he did with him- the best offense in nfl history. manning had wayne harrison and clark for years- one of the best passing trios ever, and still only has 1 ring.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

brahama- what i am talking about is that you virtually gaurenteed that bears game and they didn't cover. now you are saying if vick doesn't win the mvp its a shame. what i am saying is he at best will finish 3rd behind brady and ryan.... do you watch the nfl? shit vick hasnt even started a handful of games, and wasn't the opening day starter.... not the mvp of the nfl by a longshot in my book.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

I'm from Philly and although I love what this team does under Vick the only thing he adds really...is the threat to run. And trust me he keeps taking the hits he's taking and he won't make it through the playoffs. There's reasons why college QB's can't convert to the pro game ... defenses in the NFL are fast they hit hard

As for how GREAT he is...during his 4 week absence due to the rib injury Kevin Kolb threw for 3 - 200 yard games and 1- 300 yard game, including a 3 TD performance against Atlanta.

I'm not arguing that Vick is a better quarterback then Kolb, or even better them 75% of the QB's in the league, but he's getting WAAAYYY too much credit for the Eagles success, the fact remians the Eagles have been the winningest franchise over the past 10 years but never get over the hump because McChunky lead the team for years ... now that we got a decent quarterback suddenly Vick is the reason were not a "average" team??

As for MVP...I'd love it...the league is very mediocre and the door is wide open...it is a shame the dog-fighting scandal will always hang over his head ... and may impede him from winning the MVP this year

Hey Washington...how do you like your quarterback now ?? McNab is the weight that will hold you back forever

The fact is the Eagles are loaded with offensive weapons, the fact that Vick is excelling her in Philly should shed more light on why we shipped 5 to Washington

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree, vick is balling outta control this year and hes the mvp

ogtobme

We shall see.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    I'm from Philly and although I love what this team does under Vick the only thing he adds really...is the threat to run. And trust me he keeps taking the hits he's taking and he won't make it through the playoffs. There's reasons why college QB's can't convert to the pro game ... defenses in the NFL are fast they hit hard As for how GREAT he is...during his 4 week absence due to the rib injury Kevin Kolb threw for 3 - 200 yard games and 1- 300 yard game, including a 3 TD performance against Atlanta. I'm not arguing that Vick is a better quarterback then Kolb, or even better them 75% of the QB's in the league, but he's getting WAAAYYY too much credit for the Eagles success, the fact remians the Eagles have been the winningest franchise over the past 10 years but never get over the hump because McChunky lead the team for years ... now that we got a decent quarterback suddenly Vick is the reason were not a "average" team?? As for MVP...I'd love it...the league is very mediocre and the door is wide open...it is a shame the dog-fighting scandal will always hang over his head ... and may impede him from winning the MVP this year Hey Washington...how do you like your quarterback now ?? McNab is the weight that will hold you back forever The fact is the Eagles are loaded with offensive weapons, the fact that Vick is excelling her in Philly should shed more light on why we shipped 5 to Washington

the eagles are 2-3 in games that Vick does not start and finish. They are 6-1 with Vick. Eagles would have the best record if Vick was healthy and played the entire season from start to finish

Eagles played Washington and lost when they had Kolb in there...they played Washington again a few weeks back with Vick in there and won by 31 points. 'enough said

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    brahama- what i am talking about is that you virtually gaurenteed that bears game and they didn't cover. now you are saying if vick doesn't win the mvp its a shame. what i am saying is he at best will finish 3rd behind brady and ryan.... do you watch the nfl? shit vick hasnt even started a handful of games, and wasn't the opening day starter.... not the mvp of the nfl by a longshot in my book.

matt ryan MVP???

Jay Cutler is having a better season than Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan isn't even in the top 10 in the league in passer rating

GTFO

Goat Milk

Remember what happened the year Kobe raped that girl?

Averaged 36 ppg, 81 pts in 1 game, 62 pts in 3 quarters against the mavs, outscoring the mavs after 3 quarters by himself 62-61. Didn't win the MVP which he easily deserved, taking one of the worst teams in the western conference to the playoffs

Vick is in a similar position

ogtobme

Wash. is a horrible team.Minn. is almost as bad,and probably is worse without peterson.Now look up how Vick did against a team like Minn.after the fluke Wash. game.Vick came right down to earth again.

brahmabull117

Wash. is a horrible team.Minn. is almost as bad,and probably is worse without peterson.Now look up how Vick did against a team like Minn.after the fluke Wash. game.Vick came right down to earth again.

the eagles haven't played minnesota this year, what are you talking about?

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    this guy has not only been the best player in the league, but he has clearly been the most valuable

the eagles record when Vick starts and finishes the game - 6-1 (best winning percentage in the league)
    eagles record otherwise - 2 -3

Vick turns this team from an average ballclub to a superbowl contender.

now, on to individual stats. If you look at total output, in terms of rushing AND passing, nobody is even close to Vick

total yards per game: Vick - 340 yards per game (next closest is rivers around 300)
    total touchdowns per game: Vick - 2.7 touchdowns per game (next closest is again rivers at around 2.2 per game)
    QB Rating: Vick - 105.6 (just a hair behind Tom Brady)

now, I know some people are gonna argue Tom Brady, but brady's total output is not even close to Vick. Brady averages 240 total yards per game compared to nearly 340 for Vick, and he also averages almost a full TD less per game than Vick

and none of this even describes how the threat of Vick running the ball himself helps open up the running game for guys like McCoy. Mccoy averages 5.77 yards per carry when Vick is starting compared to 3.8 with Kolb
    what a dumbass. I guess every forum has one

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by jram68 View Post
    what a dumbass. I guess every forum has one

if you are not gonna post anything of value, please leave my thread

ogtobme

I wa sin error and I do say I am sorry for that,what I meant to say was the Chicago bears who beat them and before that the Eagles played a Giants team that should have won hands down but Manning can't slide.Vic did nothing in that game,then the Bears beat them with 2 starters out and again Vic did nothing in that game.I meant to say the bears,who won,I should have said the Giants who should have won.They play Minn. on Dec. 26.But before that just waiting in ambush are THE DALLAS COWBOYS,DEC. 12 and again in Jan.We shall see for sure.So once again Ishould have siad the Bears without 2 starters, and Giants who held vic down to earth as he should be.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Most valuable parolee?

ogtobme

Laugh my ass off,good one falconticket.

brahmabull117

I wa sin error and I do say I am sorry for that,what I meant to say was the Chicago bears who beat them and before that the Eagles played a Giants team that should have won hands down but Manning can't slide.Vic did nothing in that game,then the Bears beat them with 2 starters out and again Vic did nothing in that game.I meant to say the bears,who won,I should have said the Giants who should have won.They play Minn. on Dec. 26.But before that just waiting in ambush are THE DALLAS COWBOYS,DEC. 12 and again in Jan.We shall see for sure.So once again Ishould have siad the Bears without 2 starters, and Giants who held vic down to earth as he should be.

are you retarded bro??

Vick had 330 total yards in the giants game despite the eagles receivers dropping 3 touchdowns. Vick had a very good game there against one of the best defenses in the league. If the eagles receivers would have caught those TD passes, the game would have been an easy blowout

and in terms of the bears game, who were the bears missing??? the eagles lost the game due to their awful defense, Vick had 380 total yards and 2 TDs against another fantastic defense

123 Last