SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would Brady walk after his contract expires if Moss isn't resigned?

We know the Patriots are going to severely lowball Moss, even after his record setting year and with the realization that retaining him should be priority #1 for their offense.

Tom took a big hometown discount with the Patriots, maybe he tells management, "look, if you don't get a deal with Randy done maybe I'll look to be the highest paid QB in the league next year when my contract is up". Tom has said he'd like to play the rest of his career with Randy, the two apparently hit it off on a personal level as well as professionally (obviously).

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4795

I'm not sure, because Brady was winning before Moss. Can you really walk away from a team after playing one season with a guy, and you didn't win it all?

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Brady can go in and put down a contract that would make him the highest paid QB ever any time he wanted. I don't think he's dumb enough to tarnish his legend by leaving and no way NE lets him go.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Brady can go in and put down a contract that would make him the highest paid QB ever any time he wanted. I don't think he's dumb enough to tarnish his legend by leaving and no way NE lets him go.
    I'd agree that if he aggressively pursues record setting money, they will ultimately cave in but it may take some time to broker the deal. He may not be too keen on taking another hometown discount especially if they fail to resign Moss because of lowballing him.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

His play fell some 2 seasons ago - and a lot of people thought it was his attitude throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney and a bunch of other scrubs... He was really pissed they dealt Branch (which was the smart move).

He had his day in the sun this year, but they didn't win the Superbowl. Who knows what will happen, but I think they better wise up. He is one of the few QBs of all time that can contend without any WRs.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I don't think Brady is really going to go anywhere.

Also, Moss is great, but Brady is an idiot if he wants to crawl in bed with a guy like Moss. There's plenty of talented WRs out there. Develop some young guys. Look at Favre, all he does is turn out WR talent year in and year out.