SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay vs Dallas Thoughts

I think the play here is to take Green Bay closer to game time. I would have to assume most everyone is going to pound Dallas, being "America's team" and all. I'd love to get Green Bay +7.5.

I'm also going to consider the conspiracy theorist angle here too, and assume the NFL is going to keep this one as close as possible officiating wise, sort of like the Indy/NE game for obvious reasons.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i wish i could help but dallas is my fav team so i cant bet on this 1 gl doe

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Line will end up at -6 (-105)

I don't get this line? Favre is playing the best football of his life, GB is 5-0 ATS on the road, and the Cowboys are 21st in pass defense! I think the Pack will spread the field w/Driver, James Jones, Jennings, and Donald Lee forcing Roy Williams into coverage which isn't his strong suit. On the other side of the ball, Green Bay has a solid pash rush, strong corners, and mobile LBs that should neutralize Witten at TE. I think GB has a excellent chance to win SU and I expected the line to be Dallas -3/3.5??

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

So I should keep Favre as my starting QB on my fantasy team instead of benching him for Cutler? I mean, the defenses are Dallas versus Oakland. Who will give me the better stats?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably Favre. Oakland is so terrible against the run you don't need to pass on them much, and when you do, they are pretty good at defending.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland has a stout secondary problem is -- everyone runs on them.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

That works for me. I have Denver's RB. I had declared I was riding the Favre train til the wheels fell off.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Gotta take Green Bay and the points. 7 is too much to lay. What I like better though is the Over. Lots of poiints will be scored in this one.

Mr Charles 76
    Mr Charles 76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a HUGE Dallas fan but even I have to admit this line is a trick. Brett Favre is playing as good as ever and Tony is still young and jittery at times. As an advanced Handicapper I must go with GB to win out right. The book only places this line because they know that if they go any less they will get hammered when GB wins. I will say it again, Greenbay wins outright. ML GB is a good bet. I like the over too but not as much as the ML on GB.

NapoleonEli
    NapoleonEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the packs in this game but it could just as likely be a tose up. Im taking packs+7 GL this week guys.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't dare wager on it til greek comes up with his LOCK.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im gonna be on GB I think.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek Makes You Think

DONT HE ?
    , I GOT AT LEAST 2 IN NFL , YOU KNOW THAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
    I don't dare wager on it til greek comes up with his LOCK.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

DAL 2H. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Coaching staff has the best halftime adjustments in the league.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This line is ridic

i can't believe this line is this high. . . i am a cowboys fan, and there is no way i would give the packers 8 points!. . . they could easily win this game. . . if i had to bet this game i would be taking farve plus the 8

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

my system shows me a slight gb advantage ats, about 1.5...i don't bet normally unless it's a full fg advantage. all systems aside though i like gb in this one, that spread offense they're running is real tuff on opponents and their d looks good.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Tough game to call...slight lean to Dallas. if it goes down to -6.5 I'll play Dallas for sure. Right now, the public is all over Green Bay. It's a terrible sign if the public is on a dog in an NFL game...very contrary to betting behavior.

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I like GB to cover and maybe win outright. Farve should have a field day against a struggling secondary.

301 green bay packers 51.5 51.5 51.5 51.5 51.5 51.5 51.5u10 51.5 39%
    302 dallas cowboys -6.5 -6.5 -15 -7 -7 -7 -7 -7 -07 -6.5 -15 61%

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Charles 76 View Post
    I am a HUGE Dallas fan but even I have to admit this line is a trick. Brett Favre is playing as good as ever and Tony is still young and jittery at times. As an advanced Handicapper I must go with GB to win out right. The book only places this line because they know that if they go any less they will get hammered when GB wins. I will say it again, Greenbay wins outright. ML GB is a good bet. I like the over too but not as much as the ML on GB.
    The 4th sentence makes no sense. My intelligence has decreased from reading it.

........and you are not a HUGE dallas fan or a dallas fan at all if you are taking the packers to win this game, let alone root for the packers in this game. Nice try.
    Last edited by MJFtheGenius; 11-27-07 at 11:59 PM.

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=MJFtheGenius;427563]The 4th sentence makes no sense. My intelligence has decreased from reading it.

LOL.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Don't be so sure that the line is going to keep going towards Dallas. I suspect that there are more than a few sharps waiting for the right time to hit GB.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

One thing to consider, also - Is the availability of Charles Woodson. That D is WAY different without him and can't take away TO or shade inside on Witten as much. Also, it prevents more safety in the box, making it easier for Dallas to run the ball.
    I think that information is key.
    As for me, i'm 1-8-1 betting GB this year. And I've bet them to lose every game. I'm going to keep my streak alive this week. I think Dallas can make too many big plays...
    Even if this is the best I've ever seen Favre play, and I've watched his entire career.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cowboys should win easily. To many weapons. But if Favre plays like he did last week, nobody is beating them.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

if i can get 7 or more defff taking greenbay prob will no matter wat tho

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    So I should keep Favre as my starting QB on my fantasy team instead of benching him for Cutler? I mean, the defenses are Dallas versus Oakland. Who will give me the better stats?
    I would have to go with Farve. Even if Dallas doubles up coverage on one of the wideouts Farve has too many good receivers to throw to that will be one on one. Dallas does have a good team but their secondary is questionable.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

This may be Farves last time to take down Dallas IN dallas. He will have one of his best games ever against this team and win. If they dont win.... they'll cover heheh.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by icsky3 View Post
    This may be Farves last time to take down Dallas IN dallas. He will have one of his best games ever against this team and win. If they dont win.... they'll cover heheh.
    What a great in depth analysis of the game, that really breaksdown both teams.

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post

HAHAHA. LOL.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll drive with Dallas -7 on this game

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep in mind...

The line opened at 6. Since then, it went to 6.5 almost immediately, when public money started flowing in on GB.

And then the line moved to the key number 7.

I bet on GB, but this doesn't make sense to me. Why would Vegas move the number to 7 if the money was already heavily on GB to begin with.

It seems like the books are begging for more GB money to come in.

Mr Charles 76

There is a significant difference between being a Fan and winning a bet.

[QUOTE=MJFtheGenius;427563]The 4th sentence makes no sense. My intelligence has decreased from reading it.

To your first point, if you don't understand the logic of line placements then you should refrain from commenting.

As for your second point, Only complete morons bet a game solely because they have an emotional connection to one team or another. If GB is going to win outright, which I believe the will by about 1-3 points, then the wise better bets that way regardless of which team he favors personally.

Your obvious lack of understanding says it all.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    One thing to consider, also - Is the availability of Charles Woodson. That D is WAY different without him and can't take away TO or shade inside on Witten as much. Also, it prevents more safety in the box, making it easier for Dallas to run the ball.
    I think that information is key.
    As for me, i'm 1-8-1 betting GB this year. And I've bet them to lose every game. I'm going to keep my streak alive this week. I think Dallas can make too many big plays...
    Even if this is the best I've ever seen Favre play, and I've watched his entire career.
    Some dude on the Dennis Miller sports show said that Woodson was ready to play. Don't know if it is true or not.

Mr Charles 76

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    I love the dynamic duo of non-contributors we have in MJFtheGenius (a "genius" who has yet to weigh in his opinion on this topic but has still managed to flame two others) and Destroyer (whose favorite comment is LOL).

If you guys are going to post solely for the purpose of increasing your post count, could you at least share a thought that you didn't pull out of your ass?

Just a suggesstion.

Mr Charles 76

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Some dude on the Dennis Miller sports show said that Woodson was ready to play. Don't know if it is true or not.
    Injury report today says its game time decision. Which usually means he will play.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

after looking at this game for the past few days based mostly on the fact that i HATE not having a stake in big games i'm riding with gb...at this point i have gb as 1 point favorites making them a steal at +7.

123 Last