justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bengals taking advantage of the helpless Ravens

Thinking about Cincy +4 even though they are inconsistent they dont but the ball on the ground as many times as the ravens and the ravens D is still got the secondary hurting and Chris Henry is back this week making them a better redzone D and the ravens are 1-7 ATS (1-5 as Favorite)

Thoughts?

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

STAY AWAY. Cincy will suck your money dry. DRY. Any other team I'd take that bet, but Cincy....no way.

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea your right it just caught my eye i have won the 2 times i took them this year but you are right especially maybe without chad johnson they will not have a deep threat to expose that young secondary of Baltimore it amazes me that that line is going in baltimores favor didnt anyone see that game this last monday?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cincy is a team in a downward spiral. That's not the kind of team I want to put my money on.

I would expect Baltimore to give a better effort this week than they gave on Monday night in Pittsburgh. Now, the fact that they don't have a QB hasn't changed.

For me, this is an easy game to stay away from...

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

y doesnt baltimore try using troy smith? cant get any worse rite

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't let Baltimore's Monday night performance fool you. They will win by double digits.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to agree with Doc JS on this one. Anything might happen. I'm staying away. Good luck if you bet on it though.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

While Baltimore appears to be heading in the wrong direction, the Ravens at home are a much better team than the one that was getting slaughtered in Pittsburgh on MNF. Having said that, I agree that this game could go either way.

GL.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive learned to never trust Cinci

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    Ive learned to never trust Cinci
    Listen to this guy.^^^

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I think you have to pick your spots with the Bungles and I think this is one of them. The Ravens defense is stout but their CB's are banged up, Rolle won't play Sunday. If Mcallister does he will not be close to 100%, Reed looked messed up after that hit Monday night. They can be had through the air. With Palmer and the gang (possibly minus the Chad) coming to town it doesn't look good for the Ravens secondary.

The Bengals defense is terrible as well but who is worse, the Bengals D or the Ravens O? To me that would be the Ravens offense they are simply horrendous. They mustard up 9 points against the 49'ers, 13 against the Browns, 14 against the Bills and only 22 against the Rams after the Rams turned the ball over 6 times! By the way that game was in Baltimore, with Boller playing.

Here are those teams rankings based on PPG allowed:

Cleveland - 30th
    San Fran - 24th
    St Louis - 26th
    Bills - 12th

Then off of a bye week they play like a high school JV squad and score 7 points.

I think they would need to score 25+ to cover this game and they have only scored over 25 points once this season (26 against Arizona).

I think Cincy wins this game outright by at least a FG.
    Last edited by mgcolby; 11-09-07 at 07:15 PM.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by zootiehead View Post
    Don't let Baltimore's Monday night performance fool you. They will win by double digits.
    That would presuppose that the Ravens could SCORE double digits!

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got balt by two tds in this one, cinci is just too bad a team to go on the road and beat a good defensive squad like balt.

heist4dmb
    heist4dmb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Bengals fan...

however...we have a QB. a STUD QB.

we have chris henry back.

thats 3 top wideouts for #9 to toss the ball too..

if big ben did that to them with holmes ward and washington...

imagine what 9 will do to that banged up secondary...

chad will be playing in this game...and Baltimore is 0-4 in the division...giving us 4 points?? Boller or Mcnair it wont matter..mcgahee will get his yards...but they wont be able to keep up with the bengals who look to get 'healthy' ,atleast on offense, against a very banged up Baltimore D...

Bengals 31 Ravens 24

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore -4 is my biggest NFL bet of the season.

yeah, i'm a bengals fan too.

bumatthebeach
    bumatthebeach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being a B-more fan, it's painful seeing them this lathargic. There really is no up side for them right now. They're offense, or should I say, lack of it, doesn't seem to be ready to bounce back this weekend against Cincy. Both Ravens QBs
    seem to be lackluster with a serious case of "happy-feet". Mind you Cincy's D may be the only offensive weapon the Ravens can muster. If B-more has the gonads to throw it down-field(by this I mean more than 15 yards!) there may be an outside shot for a competitive game. Otherwise get ready to flip the station if you're a fan of the Purple. If I was wagering on this game, which I'm not, simply take the OVER!

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

GL, I'm done with Cincy

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is one of those games which probably won't play out like you'd think (Clev/Pit being another). Matchup wise the Bengals should light them up. But we thought Pit would run thru Denver a couple weeks ago. This is a good game to avoid.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I will be on cincy in this game. Baltimore can't score any points and there D is banged up. Cincy will do the same as pitt last week

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by zootiehead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    That would presuppose that the Ravens could SCORE double digits!
    I know it's poor form to quote your own message...
    but I believe I called this one!
    Last edited by Doc JS; 11-12-07 at 08:01 AM.