imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pittsburgh -3 or -3.5 this week? (#2 run off vs #32 run def) Give me your thoughts...

Denver has the worst rush defense in football and Pittsburgh has the #2 run offense in football..

Pittsburgh should be able to run all over Denver in this one right?

Steelers have given up 47 points on the season
    while
    Broncos have given up 136 points on the season

If you like running and defense then you have to love the Steelers here.

I don't normally like betting road favs but Denver's home field hasn't made much of a factor here.

Denver could easily be 0-5 this season..

Give me your thoughts.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I do believe the Chargers had some success running the ball in Denver just a couple of short weeks ago.

Now, what changes did Shanny make in the bye week? and will they make any difference against the Steelers> That's the question, IMO, IMGV.

imgv94

Steelers had a bye too.

Denver could easily be 0-5 right now, won two games in the last seconds to below average teams like Buffalo and Raiders.

Steelers Hines Ward is back which will help cause not only does he have good hands but he is a good blocker as well.

Denver lost Tom Nalen, Javon Walker is back but not 100% they don't have a go to guy on offense and they won't run against this Steelers defense.

Damn I love the Steelers here.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Steelers had a bye too.

Denver could easily be 0-5 right now, won two games in the last seconds to below average teams like Buffalo and Raiders.

Steelers Hines Ward is back which will help cause not only does he have good hands but he is a good blocker as well.

Denver lost Tom Nalen, Javon Walker is back but not 100% they don't have a go to guy on offense and they won't run against this Steelers defense.

Damn I love the Steelers here.
    All good arguments for backing the Steelers.

It is the Sunday night game and the place will be rockin' for the Broncos.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the Steelers today at -3.5. I believe this is my best bet of the season so far.

The Broncos' defensive weaknesses are absolutely made for the Steelers' excellent running attack.

And, for boot, the Steelers have an awesome defense.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

This is a great play in my opinion. Bought in at -3 -130. Playing in Denver isn't the nightmare it used to be.

imgv94

Only concern with this play would be knowing how good the Steelers really are.

They have played bad competiton.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Only concern with this play would be knowing how good the Steelers really are.

They have played bad competiton.
    imgv,

You're correct about the level of the competition they've played.

And they did not come up big on the road in Arizona. You don't know if that Wizz and Grimm were so familiar with the Steelers system that Arizona was able to game plan against them. Or are they simply not a good road team? Or have they just not played anybody worth a damn (not that Denver has been worth a damn to this point in the season either.)

I still think the Steelers are the play.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

True, the Steelers have not played the highest caliber teams yet, but still we can use other methods to assess their talent. Take a common opponent, for example, of the Patriots - a team we know to be outstanding. Pittsburgh played Cleveland and held them to just 7 points, while scoring 34 points. The Patriots played that same Browns team and scored the same 34 points; however, the Pats gave up 17 points. Another common opponent is the Bills. The Steelers did not give up a TD in that game, winning 26-3, while that Pats defense did give up just one in their 38-7 win.
    It would seem that the Steelers are playing the "bad teams" as well, or defensively, even better than what most consider the best team in the NFL.
    Denver should be a walk in the park for this Steeler squad - not that I'm prejudice or anything

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

The only way I can think of why this line is so low is weather, snow, or rain concern.. Pittsburgh should win easily

Doc JS

Hope Sportsgirl & mv09 are correct...I've got three units on the Steelers!!

imgv94

Doc,

I believe the Steelers are a good road team. This is basically the same team that won three straight road games to make it to the Superbowl.

Denver 1-11 ATS in last 12 games @ mile high.

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone remember what happened to Pitt in Arizona. Granted they are the better team, but are they?. Remember Denver just got over the dumb ass travis henry news and just looked horrible against S.D. But a bye week and J. walker back, OVER is the play here, but i also love the home DOG's. The books make it look so good on this line for Pitt, but things do seem Deceptive

Best bet of the week so far WASH vs ARIZ. under

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

If memory serves me right, Denver is really bad on night games... They find ways to lose them early or in the waning moments. Not sure if -3 is enough - a tease or ML bet for pitts seems a bit better to me. I don't think Denver is capable of winning the game by more than a few points at best, but overall, I can't see them winning.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Does anyone remember what happened to Pitt in Arizona. Granted they are the better team, but are they?. Remember Denver just got over the dumb ass travis henry news and just looked horrible against S.D. But a bye week and J. walker back, OVER is the play here, but i also love the home DOG's. The books make it look so good on this line for Pitt, but things do seem Deceptive

Best bet of the week so far WASH vs ARIZ. under
    The only deceptive thing that happened is that Whisenhunt and Grimm knew far more about the Pittsburgh offense than Belichick ever filmed of the Jets offence - and Belichick got fined big-time for what he did.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I have nothing on the side IMG, but I do like the OVER 39 in this match up.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Denver might not be 0-5, but they are 0-5 ATS! I really like Pittsburgh laying 3.5 @ Denver.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

The only possible argument for Denver is an emotional one. Backs up against the wall, embarrassing season, nobody around here even cares about the Broncos anymore with the Rockies playing so well and a national stage to try and get relevant again. All of that is still not enough to be competitive against a superior Steeler squad. If the Broncos cover it will only be due to some weird lucky play.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Steelers with two weeks to prepare....Take the Steelers.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The Prick picked the Steelers so I would be careful.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shanny's numbers both off a SU loss and off a bye week are both among the best. I actually feel neither team is as good as the public thinks, and this is just a difficult spot for me to get involved. Good luck.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

No letdown, we have the Patriots and the Colts looking strong; so it's time to lay the smackdown on Denver and completely forget about the AZ debacle. It's Ben's comeback campaign and we are just part of the monster known as the AFC.

PARLAY OF THE WEEK

Colts -3
    Steelers -3

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    Amen to that...I will fade his picks or not bet the game until this clown proves otherwise

Doc JS

Even a blind Prick finds an acorn (or his left nut) every once in awhile! LOL

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv, with you here on this play. So far its my only NFL play so I'm hoping it'll be a 100% Sunday!

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Everything points to the Steelers winning and Denver losing. Pitt has the #2 rushing offense and Denver has the #32 rushing defense. Any smart person would go with Pitt, but I'm going with Denver. There is no way Denver is losing 3 straight games at home.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 team teaser, pitt +3 1/2 indy + 4

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

not tryin to hate mv , but your a clown a stupid clown ----- now stop hatin on my post , if you dont want me sayin stupid stuff on your threads gl greek

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

shut up mv tex am you dont know what your talkin bout you act like a 12 year old

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    The only way I can think of why this line is so low is weather, snow, or rain concern.. Pittsburgh should win easily

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Javon Walker is out for this weekend's game and will have surgery.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Im scared shiitless. i loved the Steelers but see too many people thinking same thats when the books whip out there big cocks and butt f\*\*k everybody and then we all cry. Still leaning toward the Steelers just not as strong.

imgv94

Javon Walker is out now for Denver like Kid dynamite said.

Pittsburgh can double team Brandon Marshall now and make him a non factor.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have made my play on this, but I agree with happyboy. It just seems too dang obvious.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I agree with Pittburgh here but I wouldn't bet this game until you know what the weather is going to be like there and you never know about the weather in Colorado, it can get strange there and on top of that Denver players are used to the altitude there and the Pittsburgh players aren't used to it, that is why it is 3 1/2 points.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

Quote Originally Posted by Rollins08 View Post
    ha ha ha, lol . . . Quick! Fade the Prick!

12 Last