Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Starting to like the under with Walker missing

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not touching this one. But if I was forced to make a choice I'd pick Denver. RF's with overlays in the range of the Steelers here are poor bets.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Snow and rain - 29 degrees at kick off. High wind warnings. Feel like this line is a trap for some reason. It just seems to easy with #2 vs. #32. I'm taking the home dog with the hook.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by bside View Post
    Snow and rain - 29 degrees at kick off. High wind warnings. Feel like this line is a trap for some reason. It just seems to easy with #2 vs. #32. I'm taking the home dog with the hook.
    If the Steelers lose it won't be because of some trap. Plays like this win all time.

Last week the Giants and Pats were similar plays that won easy.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bside View Post
    Snow and rain - 29 degrees at kick off. High wind warnings.
    I hope that drives the total down. I still like the OVER in this match up.

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Pittsburgh has traveled out west six times since 2003 and it just 1-5 both SU and ATS. The lone win came in San Diego two years ago by just two points.

They lost to Arizona this season (14-21).

imgv94

Denver isn't considered out west is it?

bside

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    If the Steelers lose it won't be because of some trap. Plays like this win all time.

Last week the Giants and Pats were similar plays that won easy.
    Please tell me you are not comparing the Pats to the Steelers. The Pats are best all-round team this league has seen in a long time. And yes that includes last years Colts whose defense only showed up in the playoffs. Pittsburgh is not even on the same plane as the Pats.

You can find examples to back up any play you want. I could quote Baltimore in week five as a 3.5 point RF who lost or Cincy last week. I just think this play falls into some bad betting categories with how obvious it looks on paper. Plus 78% of the public is already on this play. I definitely wouldn't want it strung across multiple parlays and teases. But best of luck with your play.

imgv94

Plays like these win all the time bmac. Historically these plays might win less than 50% but they win their fair share.

Public plays are 5-6 this season.. So if Pitt loses it isn't because they were a public play it's because they got outplayed or mistakes like turnovers.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Pitt. Even with Denver off the bye, they've got serious offensive and defensive issues.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Well looks like I am the first one to like Denver here, they got to cover some time and I can not think of a better time to do it than against overated Steelers team. Good luck to all!!

imgv94

Steelers are of a bye too. Remember alot of key players were out in the game versus ARZ. They are going to play tomorrow.

Hines Ward blocking prowless will help a lot.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Pittsbrug but not the points

I do not trust the point spread and I feel that Denver may get lucky and cover this spread. I like Pitt on the ML. The only reason the steelers lost to the Cardinals was because of injuries. If we remember the steelers were without Hines Ward. Now they are just getting healthy with a week off. I normally do not like betting against teams like the broncos who have not covered a spread yet. I feel they may get lucky eneough to cover this spread. The Moneyline or even buying 2 points makes sense.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I was thinking Denver when the line came out, but now I'm leaning Pittsburgh. Walker being out is a big deal.

Both of these teams are overrated. But, Denver is really terrible. Take Pittsburgh & lay the wood. This one could be a blowout.

Most importantly, don't buy into any Mile High Mistique, weather factors or Pittsburgh travel data. This will be two teams slugging it out, with Pittsburgh wearing the brass knuckles.

imgv94

Also let's not downplay the Tom Nalen injury. Center is a very important decision.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Hines Ward will be playing. Another big factor. He's maybe one of the most underrated WRs in the league. Most importantly, the Steelers as a team seems to lean on him for those critical 3rd down catches, etc. He won't have huge numbers, but I expect him to have a key play in the game, whether it's a key block or a critical 3rd down catch.

bside

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Also let's not downplay the Tom Nalen injury. Center is a very important decision.
    This is a far more important injury than Javon Walker. Terrible news for the Broncos offense going forward.

whyguy223
    whyguy223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

like home dog at +4 bought a 1/2

slake
    slake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers won't have a problem covering this spread. The line reflects the belief that they "haven't played anyone good" yet. And after this week they'll keep saying it even when we win by double digits.

First 12