ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think the thing that bothers me the most is people make it sound like he's an engineer working on the space elevator, an airline pilot, or SOMETHING THAT F*CKIN" MATTERS!!! He is just a football player fokes THAT'S IT... I smoked 7 bowls yesterday but nobody cares and they shouldn't either because I just put helmets together...

Maybe this can also fall into MasterBate's classification of people just wanting to like drama (from another thread) because in reality it means absolutely nothing and I can't over state that enough..

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I think the thing that bothers me the most is people make it sound like he's an engineer working on the space elevator, an airline pilot, or SOMETHING THAT F*CKIN" MATTERS!!! He is just a football player fokes THAT'S IT... I smoked 7 bowls yesterday but nobody cares and they shouldn't either because I just put helmets together...

Maybe this can also fall into MasterBate's classification of people just wanting to like drama (from another thread) because in reality it means absolutely nothing and I can't over state that enough..

I will agree with that Shams; if he was an average Joe nobody would care but he is seen as "role model" by some people. Either way, he broke the rules and most likely broke some of the terms in his legal contract as well.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Either way, he broke the rules and most likely broke some of the terms in his legal contract as well.
    Hey you may be right MasterB but that's something he has to deal with... We as the public can just move on to the next back but somehow we make it seems like it's our son or our daughter...

Hey I like that... MASTER..B.. isn't there some rapper that goes by that..?

BatemanPatrickl

Hey you may be right MasterB but that's something he has to deal with... We as the public can just move on to the next back but somehow we make it seems like it's our son or our daughter...

Hey I like that... MASTER..B.. isn't there some rapper that goes by that..?

Master P sir, Make Em Say Uhhh!!!

I agree with you and quite frankly weed should not be illegal, now cocaine or heroin is a different story.

ShamsWoof10

HAHAHAHA yeah that's it MASTER P... Man I got to get out of the RUN-DMC/Public Emeny days...

Well the legality to me is less of an issue then the double standard reaction people have.. How many people drove home drunk from the bar last week talking about it...

I sure hope they don't make it legal.. F*ck that.. They will add all kinds of sh*t to it like they did tabaco (amonia)...

BatemanPatrickl

HAHAHAHA yeah that's it MASTER P... Man I got to get out of the RUN-DMC/Public Emeny days...

Well the legality to me is less of an issue then the double standard reaction people have.. How many people drove home drunk from the bar last week talking about it...

I sure hope they don't make it legal.. F*ck that.. They will add all kinds of sh*t to it like they did tabaco (amonia)...

You could always buy "organic" weed. Agreed on the drunk driving statement. Alcohol is a legal drug that the government can make money off of.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    You could always buy "organic" weed. Agreed on the drunk driving statement. Alcohol is a legal drug that the government can make money off of.
    interesting point...

You're right it's legal but the drinking and driving part is not... It's not only illegal it's deadly to some each year.. Not sure on the stats...

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's ridiculous that the NFL even cares if a player smokes pot... other than it MAY reduce a player's drive to be better. It certainly doesn't enhance a player's performance, nor is there any safety issue involved with an NFL player smoking a joint at home during their night off work. If you take the side, "well it's illegal"... well fellatio and sadomy are illegal in many states too, but you don't see the NFL testing a player's dong to see if it's got his girlfriend's saliva on it! Getting a BJ is illegal, but they don't test for it because it's his own private life and it doesn't give him any unfair advantage on the field. The same thing can be said of recreational marijuana use. Lots of laws are BS and hypocritical, including the illegality of marijuana use, because it puts money in the pockets of those who are in power.

In my opinion, if it doesn't enhance the player's performance or give him an unfair advantage over competitors, then the NFL shouldn't be testing a player's bodily fluids for it.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Travis Henry starting tomorrow or not fellas?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Is Travis Henry starting tomorrow or not fellas?
    I will go out on a limb and say no.

Broncos are on a BYE this week Dan.

bigboydan

Looks like a federal Judge bought Henry a little bit more time.

Heres the latest update on this ongoing saga:

Judge's ruling gives Broncos' Henry more playing time

A federal judge's ruling in the case involving Travis Henry's attempt to avoid a one-year suspension for a repeat violation of the NFL substance abuse policy has likely provided the Denver Broncos' tailback with another month or so of playing time.

According to court records first cited by The Denver Post and confirmed by a clerk, U.S. District Court Judge Leonard Wexler has ordered lawyers for Henry and the NFL to file motions in the case in two weeks. There is an additional week after that in which the two parties can file responses to the motions.

Henry also has appeal rights in the league which might further delay a suspension and keep him on the field deeper into the season.

The issue being challenged by Henry is that the NFL would not allow his expert to observe testing of the so-called the "B-sample" of his specimen. Although the collective bargaining agreement permits a player to have an expert present for the testing, league vice president Greg Aiello said that expert cannot be affiliated with any laboratory.

The expert presented by Henry, Dr. William Closson of Long Island, N.Y., did have such an affiliation. The NFL provided Henry with the names of 10 independent experts as reference for his potential use.

In an affidavit filed by Henry on Sept. 18 as part of his court action, the Denver tailback stated: "There is no valid reason why any unlawful substance would be in my urine. This must be a mistake." He also noted in the affidavit: "If I fail this test, I will be suspended for one year from my employment, and will be obliged to repay all signing bonuses paid to date. ... I will be prejudiced if my expert cannot observe these tests."

Henry's original suit was filed in a state court in New York, which granted him a temporary restraining order. The league successfully quashed the order, however, by having the case moved to a federal court, because, it argued, interpretation of the NFL collective bargaining agreement falls under the jurisdiction of federal law. The NFL is attempting to have Henry's case dismissed.

In 2005, while with the Tennessee Titans, Henry was suspended four games for violating the substance abuse program. He would have rotated out of the program on Oct. 1 had he not had any subsequent positive tests before that. Citing confidentiality guides, league officials have not commented on Henry's status in the substance abuse program. But since he filed his lawsuit in September, logic suggests his positive test occurred before Oct. 1.

It is believed that, if the case goes to trial, Henry's attorneys will argue that the low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in his urine sample do not meet league thresholds, and could have registered as a result of second-hand marijuana inhalation. Henry has said that he will submit to a lie detector test and provide hair samples to support his innocence. Henry was said to have been in New York this week meeting with his attorneys.

The Broncos have a bye this week.

Henry, 28, signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Broncos in March, only days after his release by the Titans to avoid paying him an $8 million roster bonus. The deal included a $6 million signing bonus to be paid in three installments. There is also a $6 million option bonus. If Henry is suspended, the Broncos would likely attempt to recover part of the bonus money already paid, and withhold future payments due him.

A seventh-year veteran, Henry is currently the second-leading rusher in the league. He has carried 102 times for rushed for 498 yards and one touchdown in five games.

bigboydan

I see he passed a lie detector and drug tests.

Heres the latest and greatest on this ever ending Travis Henry saga.

Henry convinces Shanahan he did not violate substance abuse policy

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Travis Henry has convinced coach Mike Shanahan he's not a pothead. Now he'll take his case to the NFL.

Shanahan said Henry passed a lie detector test and a recent hair sample taken from Henry came back negative for marijuana.

"If the tests were positive, Travis would not be on our football team right now," Shanahan said. "When he went back and took the hair sample and that was negative, the lie detector test and that was negative, we'll let due process take care of itself. If Travis took a test and it was positive, after what he promised me, he wouldn't be on the football team right now."

The Denver Broncos' troubled tailback is trying to keep the league from suspending him over the results of a drug test earlier this season. He'll present his case to the NFL in Phoenix on Friday.

If he's unsuccessful, he faces a year's suspension.

Shanahan is confident that won't be the case.

Shanahan said he doesn't expect to hear back from the league on a ruling until after his team's game against the Tennessee Titans, Henry's former team, next Monday night.

"I don't think they would do that," Shanahan said. "You practice somebody during the week and not let them play Monday night? I don't think that's been done before. I'm sure it will be the day after or the week after."

Either way, Shanahan believes in his running back, who signed a five-year, $22.5 million free agent contract that included $12 million in guarantees this offseason after the Titans released him in a cost-saving move.

Henry, who had been suspended for four games in September 2005 for violating the league's substance abuse policy while in Tennessee, was weeks away from cycling out of the drug program when a random test came back positive.

Henry sued the NFL to keep from being suspended for a year. He contends the league violated its substance abuse policy by not allowing his expert to be present for the testing of his urine sample.

The lawsuit is separate from his hearing this week in Phoenix.

Henry led the league in rushing after the first month of the season, but he's been dealing with bruised ribs and an aching knee that has kept him out of two games. He hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 3.

He had 433 yards after the first four weeks, including three 100-yard games, but has rushed for just 147 yards since.

Henry has made other news off the field, too. In August, court documents in a Georgia child support case revealed that Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in four southern states and has been ordered to pay child support for seven of them. He also had to borrow money from the Titans to fulfill one of those judgments, according to court records.

Henry has preferred to keep his focus on the field, but he's been unable to get carries consistently because of his health. He's going to get an MRI this week on his swollen left knee.

Henry wanted to play Sunday. Shanahan instead went with undrafted rookie Selvin Young, who rushed for 109 yards and his first NFL touchdown in a 27-11 win at Kansas City.

"Before the game, if you would have gotten a close-up of me, I had tears coming out of my eyes," Young said. "It has just been so long and so much dreaming, wishing and working hard. I feel blessed."

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

"...Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in four southern states..."

He gives a whole new meaning to the Bible Belt. If only he kept his tight.

bigboydan

Glad to see justice was served in this case.

League decides not to suspend Henry after positive drug test

Denver Broncos halfback Travis Henry won an appeal of his one-year drug suspension and will be able to finish out the remainder of the season.

Henry claimed his positive drug test for marijuana was because he was a victim of secondhand smoke. Faced with the possibility of getting a one-year suspension because he's been a past offender, Henry even took his case to a federal court.

After waiting for a ruling, Henry was notified Tuesday afternoon he won his appeal.

"Travis Henry will remain in the substance abuse program, must continue to adhere to all aspects of it, but will not be suspended following his appeal," the NFL announced in a statement Tuesday. "The defense of hair samples and lie detector tests was irrelevant and unconvincing, but our substance abuse program is based on meeting the highest standards and respecting player rights in all phases of its administration."

Henry convinced Mike Shanahan and the Broncos of his innocence by agreeing to a lie detector test and the use of hair samples for testing purposes. Had he failed the lie detector test, Shanahan said he would have considered releasing him, but Henry passed the test and had the full faith of his coach.

Henry has missed four games this year because of a knee injury. He has 629 yards on 143 carries and three touchdowns.

"We are pleased with this outcome and happy that Travis has been absolved of any wrongdoing with respect to this matter," the Broncos said in a statement. "The Broncos look forward to Travis Henry's continued participation on the playing field."

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you hang in a room where most others are smoking the funny tobacco, like a poker game etc. this could cause you to have a false positive. Not always and not usually but a possibility. This is often used as an excuse, later they usually cop to the truth. At least, that's how it worked at a drug treatment facility where I worked years ago.

First 12