bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Travis Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana

Did you guys catch this one???

This sucks for those FF guys out there that drafted him.

Travis Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana, and if accurate could lead to the running back being suspended for 1-year.

Travis Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana

Fox 31 News has learned that Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry, the team's leading rusher, has tested positive for marijuana use and could be subject to a one-year suspension.

Henry, 28, previously served a four-game suspension from the National Football League for violating the leagues substance abuse policy in September 2005 as a member of the Tennessee Titans.

Henry can appeal the latest violation. However, if the appeal is denied, he will begin serving a one-year suspension immediately.

Henry can file for reinstatement 60 days prior to the end of the suspension.

The Denver Broncos had no official comment, instead, deferring to the NFL.

The Broncos signed Travis Henry in the off-season to a five-year, $22.5 million contract with $12 million in guarantees.

The news of Henry's marijuana bust comes as lawyers try to collect back child support for the NFL star's nine illegitimate children.

A document filed in Denver Country court shows that, despite his football contract, Henry failed to pay child support in the amount of $6,400 for a daughter living in North Carolina.

This comes after a FOX 31 investigation revealed that a Georgia judge made the unprecedented move of ordering Henry to establish a trust, in the amount of $250,000 to support a different child living near Atlanta.

He was more than six months behind in support payments for that child.

Repeated calls to Mr. Henry's agent and attorneys throughout our investigations have never been returned

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good thing they don't test every player every week for something.....there wouldn't be enough players to put together two teams.....

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Travis Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana, and if accurate could lead to the running back being suspended for 1-year.
    Dan,
    And he's suing the NFL to prevent them from using his positive drug test to throw him out of the league!!!!!!

That's some funny shit, isn't it?

bigboydan

I read that suing report too Doc. At first I thought it was a joke or something, but after I continued reading the article. I realized it wasn't, then I busted out laughing.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow what a tool.

the worrying thing is that thick people breed more

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19739

This was the lead story of the Denver Nightly news. A sad commentary on the media's priorities.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

As if Denver has enough problems this year with some players winding up dead and now this, they have had a rough year this year.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Good thing they don't test every player every week for something.....there wouldn't be enough players to put together two teams.....
    I have been saying this all along.. Travis WOOOFS and IMO he is amoung the majority of NFL players not the minority... Don't fool yourselves guys there are A LOT more then you think either smokin' or on the slopes... I was told by one of my clients that a certain kicker smoked and when I showed my amazement he laughed and said that he believes 70% of NFL players smoke and I KNOW FOR SURE he knows quite a few... I have briefly talked on the phone with a few players asking them about their helmet so I know first hand that he knows players personally...

OT: I actually got into a short verbal dispute with Cris Chambers back in 04' on three way with one of my clients... He insisted he wore the Adams (formally Bike) helmet and I argued that he wore the Schutt Pro Air... After looking at some game film he turned out to be correct and I called my client to him to tell CC my bad he was right...

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Anyone who risks a million dollar career just to get high is an idiot. See Ricky Williams.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is wrong with these boneheads?

cooljw
    cooljw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh good I thought it might have been steroids instead...

Wolfpack
    Wolfpack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some of players are just stupid. Henry has it made and he risks it all just to get high.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pick up Selvin young in your fantasy leagues...........This joker may play one more week in the NFL and then off to Jamica to hang out with Ricky Williams, I wonder if they will measure to see who actually owes the NFL more when it is all said and done.....You have to be kidding me, there are a ton of people in the world not blessed with their talent and in order to keep their 9 to 5 job making 40,000 a year they stay off the hippy lettuce.......some of these guys just need to grow up, stay straight for like 10 yrs make thier jack and then go off and smoke a whole forest if they want, especially if you know you are going to get tested, he saw the finish line, he was like two weeks from being out of the program and just could not hold out.....

Wolfpack
    Wolfpack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Henry says he is going to play this week.

Heres the link from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3050883

bigboydan

That hair sample is going kill his chances in this lawsuit.

Sources: Broncos' Henry wants to hand over hair sample, take lie detector test

Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry wants to submit a hair sample and also take a lie detector test to prove that a league administered drug test gave a false positive that could lead to a year-long suspension, sources close to the Broncos and the player told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Travis Henry

Henry
    Henry has been adamant that he has been clean and he has filed a lawsuit in a New York state court to prevent the league from suspending him as a three-time violator of league's drug policy.

Henry's attorneys want the court to intervene for a number of reasons and hope that a hair sample will prove his innocence. However, the NFL wants the case moved to a federal jurisdiction because the drug policy is collectively bargained with the players union with federal court approval. The policy also does not allow hair samples.

The lie detector's test would be for the club's discretion. The Broncos have routinely asked players to submit to the test and Henry plans to do so this coming week, sources said.

Henry also wants his own handpicked expert to observe the testing of the "B" bottle, a split of the urine that was collected by the league. Under the policy, though, the B sample needs only to confirm that the banned substance is present -- even if the levels of the substance are lower than the A sample, it won't change the result of a positive test.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He must have some fake hair to submit, or he is the dumbest SOB alive.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great I drafted him. He was about one of the only guy's that made me any points. I'm already 0-5. I can't afford to lose someone else that gets me some points. Oh well I guess I won't be winning any games this season.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasha7 View Post
    Great I drafted him. He was about one of the only guy's that made me any points. I'm already 0-5. I can't afford to lose someone else that gets me some points. Oh well I guess I won't be winning any games this season.
    Yeah. You will finish last with the scrubs you have.

ShamsWoof10

Well NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has looked at the possibility that.... he could be right.. Anyone ever think of that..? I have been told by people that do tests that mistakes are not uncommon and they are not perfect either..

The reason given made some sense.. Marj. is NOT the only thing in your piss... There are dozens of things and the reason a certain amount has to be found is so they can be a little more certain... I know they are not even close to 100%.. My one friend last year had a little fender bender but it is policy for his company to drug test no matter how small the accident... He dropped an hour after his accident and TESTED NEGATIVE and guess what..??? HE SMOKE A BOWL WITH ME THAT MORNING!!!

Man I sure hope you people don't have to do jury duty anywhere or whoever is on trial is f*cked!!!

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    Well NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has looked at the possibility that.... he could be right.. Anyone ever think of that..? I have been told by people that do tests that mistakes are not uncommon and they are not perfect either..

The reason given made some sense.. Marj. is NOT the only thing in your piss... There are dozens of things and the reason a certain amount has to be found is so they can be a little more certain... I know they are not even close to 100%.. My one friend last year had a little fender bender but it is policy for his company to drug test no matter how small the accident... He dropped an hour after his accident and TESTED NEGATIVE and guess what..??? HE SMOKE A BOWL WITH ME THAT MORNING!!!

Man I sure hope you people don't have to do jury duty anywhere or whoever is on trial is f*cked!!!

All of my employees get drug tested and if the call comes in, they are usually busted. Medical facts and trained medical employees (doctors) say that tests are very accurate. They can tell if someone used a masking agent or if the urine may have been fake.

Very advance technologies today BUT the hair test will go back 7 years.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was the manager of the medical services clinic in an employee health department for large company. We were in charge of administering drug testing for pre-employment and post-injury/accident... false positives happen a lot more than you think. No drug test is 100%.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Medical facts and trained medical employees (doctors) say that tests are very accurate. They can tell if someone used a masking agent or if the urine may have been fake.

Very advance technologies today BUT the hair test will go back 7 years.
    NO THEY CAN'T!!! Another friend of mine had a random pop up on him and he used his girlfriend's piss which i thought was really creative considering he had a few hours to come up with something... It worked...

These are HUMANS who run tests and/or human element is involved at some point not GOD... Mistakes can and DO happen and as the below says... much more then you think..

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    I was the manager of the medical services clinic in an employee health department for large company. We were in charge of administering drug testing for pre-employment and post-injury/accident... false positives happen a lot more than you think. No drug test is 100%.

abacus30

You're both right. A company can tell if there is masking agents IF they look for them and a company can tell if you're using someone else's piss IF they measure the temperature of the urine when it's given. However, many companies don't choose to do either because it's more costly and requires more training for administering personnel.

I bet the NFL does look for masking agents and measures the temp of the urine, but it still doesn't negate the fact that a false positive (or a bogus result) can and does still occur. That's why you have the "B" specimen, which is another batch of the same urine with which you can do a more in depth analysis to determine if indeed there is a certain substance present or if it was a False Positive drug test initially. Our department did at least a couple thousand drug tests and we had maybe 7 false positives. That's less than 1%, but it sure would suck to be a part of that 1%. A hair test is more accurate, but it still isn't 100% effective either.

ShamsWoof10

A hair test is more accurate, but it still isn't 100% effective either.
    Well I would certainly say you know your stuff.. A girl I knew had to take a hair test to do an intern for FORD... She smoked three or four times in 6 months.. One occassion was heavy smoking throughout the day and this was the last one about three months before the test.. She was not at all a regular smoker of course..

SHE PASSED!!!

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do you think britney spears shaved her head?? so she could pass her drug tests...I thought it was a 100% effective test though...I guess there really isn't such a thing...

abacus30

Happens all the time... to be positive you've got to reach a certain threshold - like so many parts per million kind of thing. So you can have a certain amount of THC in your system from smoking, but if it doesn't meet the designated threshold level, it's a deemed a negative test and the person passes. I hope Travis passes with his "B" specimen because he's on my fantasy team d*mn it!!!

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    why do you think britney spears shaved her head?? so she could pass her drug tests...I thought it was a 100% effective test though...I guess there really isn't such a thing...
    They can still take hair from other areas and test them. Shaving your head just makes you look guilty.

BatemanPatrickl

Happens all the time... to be positive you've got to reach a certain threshold - like so many parts per million kind of thing. So you can have a certain amount of THC in your system from smoking, but if it doesn't meet the designated threshold level, it's a deemed a negative test and the person passes. I hope Travis passes with his "B" specimen because he's on my fantasy team d*mn it!!!
    However, in your opinion would you say the NFL has higher testing standards than let's say the local lab testing college interns?

Still, if you fail a drug test, 99.9% of the time the test result is correct.

BatemanPatrickl

NO THEY CAN'T!!! Another friend of mine had a random pop up on him and he used his girlfriend's piss which i thought was really creative considering he had a few hours to come up with something... It worked...

These are HUMANS who run tests and/or human element is involved at some point not GOD... Mistakes can and DO happen and as the below says... much more then you think..

I think Abacus just proved you WRONG!!! Look up Tom Sizemore and see how they busted him. There is no way your buddy used his girlfriend's urine because it would have been too cold to have just come out of his tiny penis.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

You're both right.
    I don't believe they care if they're right or wrong, abacus, as long as they're yelling at each other.

Drug companies and the medical profession as a whole don't have a lot of credence with me with all of the crap that has gone on throughout time. Reports and trial data are doctored to push a new drug through and payoffs are made to FDA folks to push stuff onto the shelves so that Madison Avenue can come up with the next commercial to convince the public they really need this new drug. For every test, there is a way to beat it and there are ways for it to show a false positive.

Granted, I doubt Henry's innocence in this matter. The athletes constantly say the results are a mistake, and I'm sure that there have been cases that have proven to be just that. But can you name one athlete who tested positive for marijuana or cocaine in recent years and proved they were falsely accused?

I'm not for a bunch of drugged up athletes, fork lift drivers, postal workers and a bazillion other jobs out there. But at the same time, I'm generally against the tests as they are now. I'm tired of hearing congressmen and senators bellow about it when they themselves are not randomly tested, and I'm tired of sportswriters doing the same until I know they fall under random testing.

ShamsWoof10

However, in your opinion would you say the NFL has higher testing standards than let's say the local lab testing college interns?

Still, if you fail a drug test, 99.9% of the time the test result is correct.
    Well I am assuming because it makes sense that the NFL doesn't have THEIR OWN LAB they send it out to other labs who do testing for them as well as others...

This is somewhat like an arguement I had with my Unlce's wife about helmets.. She thought the NFL had their own helmets and that High Schools and College's in no way could have the same helmets as the pros... Well she is stupid not to mention wrong and I think saying the NFL has their own labs is like saying they have their own helmet company...

MOST OF THE NFL is contracted out!!!

I don't think when he said it happens more then you think that he meant 0.01% of the time...

How about you get drug tested..? You do steroids so before "coming in the office at 4:30" how about dropping off a sample..? IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO THEM!!!

Last edited by ShamsWoof10; 10-09-07 at 10:29 AM.

ShamsWoof10

I think Abacus just proved you WRONG!!! Look up Tom Sizemore and see how they busted him. There is no way your buddy used his girlfriend's urine because it would have been too cold to have just come out of his tiny penis.
    Well he did if you believe it or not.. He gambled on the fact that no one would be there watching him actually piss... He pulled the ziplock out and put hers in instead of his...

When I took one 15 years ago I was watched so that could not have been done but it doesn't mean it's not possible...

Again you are interested in not wanting me to be right even though someone who worked with drug testing tends to agree that is very possible and again you don't know what you are talking about...

You do know about steroids which is ....yeah a DRUG and it that beatable..? I am sure you know about the field so tell us how testing works for that...

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I don't believe they care if they're right or wrong, abacus, as long as they're yelling at each other.
    This is a stupid statement... I am only discussing this with him because I do care about being right OR WRONG not to just YELL as you claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Drug companies and the medical profession as a whole don't have a lot of credence with me with all of the crap that has gone on throughout time. Reports and trial data are doctored to push a new drug through and payoffs are made to FDA folks to push stuff onto the shelves so that Madison Avenue can come up with the next commercial to convince the public they really need this new drug. For every test, there is a way to beat it and there are ways for it to show a false positive.

I'm tired of hearing congressmen and senators bellow about it when they themselves are not randomly tested, and I'm tired of sportswriters doing the same until I know they fall under random testing.
    On a brighter note I couldn't agree more with the above especially in BOLD!!!

I am tired of the average person judging athletes who test positive when on an average weekend they have no problems drinking, driving, and according to the yearly stats killing quite a few people each year... The average person doesn't think about getting a DUI/DWI which could cost them money or their job but they want the athlete to do be responsible..

BatemanPatrickl

Well I am assuming because it makes sense that the NFL doesn't have THEIR OWN LAB they send it out to other labs who do testing for them as well as others...

This is somewhat like an arguement I had with my Unlce's wife about helmets.. She thought the NFL had their own helmets and that High Schools and College's in no way could have the same helmets as the pros... Well she is stupid not to mention wrong and I think saying the NFL has their own labs is like saying they have their own helmet company...

MOST OF THE NFL is contracted out!!!

I don't think when he said it happens more then you think that he meant 0.01% of the time...

How about you get drug tested..? You do steroids so before "coming in the office at 4:30" how about dropping off a sample..? IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO THEM!!!

I will put $5,000 down right now and state that I will pass a drug test without any problems. You have a big mouth and need to start backing it up.

You can test me for ANYTHING and I will even take a blood test which goes back at least six months.

You game big mouth?

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I'd just like to add that at no time in the past 10 years or so could I ever have passed a drug test, and if I'm out driving past 9pm there's a damn near 100% chance I'm under the influence.

Carry on.

12 Last