area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals -6.5 vs Browns

I'm all over this one early before the line changes. I know the Bengals are a little banged up and what not but they will win this game by at least 2 touchdowns and there is nothing Anderson or Quinn can do about it.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

area51steve:

I like this very much so as well. It's not like they have to travel very far either... What like 219 miles? As long as the bengals defense continues to put the pressure and send in the blitz we will win by 3 touchdowns easy. This is my strong play for sunday. Good luck man and lets make some ca$h!

BOL,
    mp

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Bengals as well.

threesixmafia
    threesixmafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

where is it at 6.5? bookmaker?

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

wsex

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think alot of people are going to get burnt on this one. Saying that though I will not be backing the browns

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'll pile on the Bengals. It's tough enough to win with a good QB in the NFL. The Browns don't have a QB. Plus they are the Browns.

area51steve

Quote Originally Posted by threesixmafia View Post
    where is it at 6.5? bookmaker?
    pinnacle, bookmaker, greek, bet jamaica, 5dimes, bet online, and more than a few others.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i like the bengals too

browns are trash

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't this -6.5 line seem too good to be true - less than a TD and PAT?

Just asking?

dmp
    dmp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasis0066 View Post
    Doesn't this -6.5 line seem too good to be true - less than a TD and PAT?

Just asking?

I know it may seem to good to be true, but that doesn't mean that it is. Look at the Steelers last week, I think that they opened at -4 and they won by 27. I definitely think that Cincy can clear this spread.

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22747

I'll also lay the points with the Bengals

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm playing the Bengals -300 on the ML.

Divisional games are played tight sometimes, plus the Browns have the capacity to play defense. Bengals win, but it might not be a blowout. I just feel a lot better not laying the points on this one.

If any of you guys play 2 team, 6 point teasers, it might be worth it to play the Bengals in some of your combos for the reasons I explained above.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Browns here quite a bit, and won't be a bit surprised if they win outright.

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I like the Browns here quite a bit, and won't be a bit surprised if they win outright.
    That's just retarded.

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm playing the Bengals -300 on the ML.

Divisional games are played tight sometimes, plus the Browns have the capacity to play defense. Bengals win, but it might not be a blowout. I just feel a lot better not laying the points on this one.

If any of you guys play 2 team, 6 point teasers, it might be worth it to play the Bengals in some of your combos for the reasons I explained above.
    Probably the dumbest thing I read all day today. What bad advice to give out. Neither games were even close last year. Know your facts before you post.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razz, I love you bro, but what's the reasoning behind this play for you? Anderson is holding this job down for a couple weeks, then giving way. This franchise has nothing going for it right now. The defense is atrocious. I'm fading the Browns until they cover or until all value gets sucked out. I did the same thing with the Chris Simms led Bucs in 2005. I went on a ferocious streak with Chrissy, especially a huge game against the Panthers where I basically played a quarter of my bankroll on the game. easiest bet I've ever made, though last week's Browns-Steelers game was pretty damn close (EDIT: To being the easiest bet I've ever made). Again, don't overthink things.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 09-14-07 at 03:09 AM.

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Probably the dumbest thing I read all day today. What bad advice to give out. Neither games were even close last year. Know your facts before you post.
    What does last year have to do with this year?

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Be careful on this one. Browns could very well keep it close.

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by pegasis0066 View Post
    What does last year have to do with this year?
    It doesn't. That wasn't my point. He said they were close games. I was simply stating they weren't close at all. Last year was the most recent data and that was what I was referring to.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Be careful on this one. Browns could very well keep it close.
    While I want to laugh at this sentiment, there's something that makes me just hesitant enough to cover my ass by teasing Cinci down and throwing them in a teaser or two... I've got them at -6.5 also, but getting them at .5 makes me feel just a tad better. I guess I just haven't seen ANY, and I mean ANY analysis that tells me Cleveland is the play here. Pitt threw all over them and FWP eclipsed the 100 yard mark. I see Palmer going ape in the first half, then Rudi grinding it out in the second for an easy victory. The Browns have the absolutel worst starting QB in the league this week (besides maybe Harrington) and given the muddy waters surrounding the Quinn fiasco, I see the QB situation weighing heavily on a young man motivated (but not talented enough) to keep the job. Anderson better look like Elway out there if he wants to silence the hounds who want Quinn in there. And Jamal Lewis may give you 60 yards rushing. I said that last week and he managed 33. He runs like he is running into 150 MPH winds. That is to say, he doesn't move. He simply falls... He can't catch and the Bengals secondary will make a play or two against Braylon/Winslow. The injury to Graham has me a bit worried about those 4th and 4 type situations from the 30. Will Cinci just go for it in that scenario? Not sure, but that's the only angle that gives me any hope for Cleveland covering the spread. Oh, and top 3 worst Defense against this Bengal team??? Let's also not forget that traveling to Cleveland will be somewhat similar to Dallas traveling to Houston. There will be plenty of Bungle fans there...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Browns are not going to keep this game close. I understand in most circumstances you must give some respect to the home team, but this is a battle of Ohio. These teams are really not close. Cleveland is going to start 0-5 or 1-4 before throwing Quinn in.

moneyplays

I absolutely will not buy into the browns hype. I've been capping football for far too long to pass this opportunity up. Unless they pull of a miracle they are going 0-2. I've analyzed this game over and over and the bengals would have to beat themselves to lose this game. It's palmer's turn to throw three + TD's on the browns.

Shark smelling blood.

BOL,
    mp

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    I absolutely will not buy into the browns hype. I've been capping football for far too long to pass this opportunity up. Unless they pull of a miracle they are going 0-2. I've analyzed this game over and over and the bengals would have to beat themselves to lose this game. It's palmer's turn to throw three + TD's on the browns.

Shark smelling blood.

BOL,
    mp
    Agreed, I feel like I'm missing an angle every time someone goes with the Browns, but I'm not. Unless the entire Bengal offense gets stricken with severe food poisoning this game is a gimme. I'm putting another unit on Cinci.

Seriously, I just want to hear one person come at me with something football related. I mean, besides having homefield advantage ( a slight one) and being semi-rivals, I can't think of a football related reason to take the Browns. Cinci practically tried to give that game to Baltimore and still won. Why would this Browns team present a threat???

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

With three or four double digit spreads this week, I am surprised this is only 6.5. Cincy is in every teaser I have going this week. Cleveland is just THAT bad...

Razz

Tsk tsk.

The Bengals had been longing all season for their chance to atone for the three losses at the end of the season last year that led to them missing the playoffs. They had been longing to beat the division champs at home in a showcase game on Monday night. Their best player was quoted as saying that the winner of that game had the division wrapped up.

Now they have a short week, with little motivation against what is perceived as one of the worst teams in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Browns need at least an impressive performance here to avoid tanking the season. They are playing one of the premier teams in the league, full of recognizable players. It's their perfect opportunity to have a redeemable start to the season.

The public is acting as if this game has already been played. Well, I'll tell you this. I had the Bengals in week one, and they were the wrong side. They shouldn't have won that game, despite a huge home crowd advantage, despite the Ravens losing players every couple minutes, despite forcing six turnovers. Teams that win at home on Monday night and then go on the road are historically a huge money burner. Now, I can take a Browns team in a desperate situation, against a flat, unmotivated team off a short week, getting 7 points, at home, and have it be the most anti-public play of the week? Sign me up.

moneyplays

Tsk tsk.

The Bengals had been longing all season for their chance to atone for the three losses at the end of the season last year that led to them missing the playoffs. They had been longing to beat the division champs at home in a showcase game on Monday night. Their best player was quoted as saying that the winner of that game had the division wrapped up.

Now they have a short week, with little motivation against what is perceived as one of the worst teams in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Browns need at least an impressive performance here to avoid tanking the season. They are playing one of the premier teams in the league, full of recognizable players. It's their perfect opportunity to have a redeemable start to the season.

The public is acting as if this game has already been played. Well, I'll tell you this. I had the Bengals in week one, and they were the wrong side. They shouldn't have won that game, despite a huge home crowd advantage, despite the Ravens losing players every couple minutes, despite forcing six turnovers. Teams that win at home on Monday night and then go on the road are historically a huge money burner. Now, I can take a Browns team in a desperate situation, against a flat, unmotivated team off a short week, getting 7 points, at home, and have it be the most anti-public play of the week? Sign me up.
    That's all fine and dandy and lets say I buy some of that however, you still need a decent football team to win and Cincy scored 27 points against one of if not the best defense in the nfl. You are kidding yourself if you think the browns will keep palmer and #85 from the endzone multiple times!

I would give the Browns a better chance of covering if Frye was still their starter. Bottom line: Anderson is terrible and I just don't see how someone could put money behind them.

Good luck with the rest of your bets,
    mp

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The whole we can't lose because our season is doomed thing isn't too valid here. This isn't a team with a realistic shot of making the playoffs, this isn't half way through the season where they logistically have a "must win" type of game to avoid elimination. This is the second game of the season against a much better team. The talent is stacked against them, they are one of the worst teams in the league. You can't throw them a bone just yet, this is an awful team that will crap out midway through the season and change QB's yet again.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 09-14-07 at 02:14 PM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tsk tsk.

Razz has some valid points here. I was considering Cleveland, but with the QB situation I am not backing them. Anderson is very INT prone and Cinci despite their bad defensive play were 6th in the league in takeaways. If Cinci was going into this game off of a blowout, then I could see a letdown here, but the Bengals need a good showing here and I think they play well here. Personally I think a good situation to go against Cinci is week 3 v Seattle.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Well, I was going to bet big on the Steelers over the Browns in week one, but hesitated as I thought it could be a trap. Not this week. I'll be betting big on the Bengals. IMHO -6.5 is very, very generous. The Bengals will take this by at least 2, if not more TD's. Browns defence is terrible, and Lewis can't run for sh!t. Anderson will have to play like Marino if the Browns have any shot. Even then, the Bengals secondary will give the Browns receivers all they can handle.

area51steve

Glad to hear most everyone is on the bengals this week. It's an opportunity to make an insane amount of money. The only reason the spread is so low is because it's an Ohio battle and the bengals are on the road. Play it big on the spread or parlay it with another good pick and fatten your pockets. The only way the bengals don't cover this game is if some CRAZY sh*t happens that is beyond the bengals control.
    GL every1!!

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

the spread is not low, line would be -12 in cinci

area51steve

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    the spread is not low, line would be -12 in cinci
    6.5 points on the road for the bengals against a weak browns team is low to me. I'm more than happy taking my chances with cinci in this one.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I like Cincy quite a bit this season, but a team that was just 8-8 a year ago giving 6.5/7 on the road in the NFL doesn't constitute a "low spread."
    Last edited by rjt721; 09-15-07 at 12:34 AM.

Razz

And missing your starting center is one of the biggest losses a team will ever have, but it's almost never reflected in the line.

12 Last