View Poll Results: Ezekiel Elliott: Who's side are you on?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ezekiel Elliott

16 29.09%
  • Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys

39 70.91%
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Ezekiel Elliott: Who's side are you on?

I am not all that informed about the situation with Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys, but I believe it's another of the more and more common rookie contract negotiation deals. He wants paid like the other workhorse superstar backs in the league and his current contract isn't doing that.

IMO, he definitely deserves to be one of the highest paid backs in the league. Problem is, teams can't renegotiate contracts when a player is a bust or tears a tendon, that guy still gets paid.

Who's side are you on, Ezekiel Elliott or Jerry Jones and the Cowboys?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ezekiel will be incarcerated within 10yrs

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I will always side with the team and/or owner over a player who is still under contract trying to breach it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackbo

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

What does a contract even mean anymore if you can holdout before it expires? Just a tentative agreement?

I don't really get involved too much with the business side of individual players because I frankly don't care but I'm siding with the team on principle alone.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hman, and Kermit

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Cowboys aren’t winning shit with or without Elliot. Garbage franchise ran by a piece of crap.

I usually side with players in contract negotiations. Owners have more than enough to pay out guaranteed contracts. When teams can cut players without paying them what they signed for, I have zero empathy for ownership.

People who side with owners most likely were snitches as kids.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinnacle420

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If teams don't want to pay players why don't they trade them to someone who will. This has never made any sense to me. If a team can't or won't pay a player then trade said player and get someone else. The team is always on the wrong side of this. Pay market value or let someone else do it. Just stupid on the Cowboys part. When he comes back he will get hurt or be out of playing shape. Don't let any player hold a team hostage.

Sam Odom

sea

Dallas is NOT on the wrong side here... Ezekiel looks bad turning down the last Cowboy's offer

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

nothing to do with sports betting

saloon thread

Sam Odom

Rudy

thread is race baiting

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Im a cowboys fan and im a huge zeke fan and im pissed at zeke

selfish. Hes basically saying fukk you to Dak and Cooper and rest of team. You dont run the team jerry does like it or not. You dont wanna play go to another team

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post

You dont wanna play go to another team
    in 2 years

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Ezekiel will be incarcerated within 10yrs
    On what charges?

Sam Odom

Gun/drugs related

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He is still under rookie contract, where he had his contract negotiated for the guaranteed money. Unless he wants to give back all of the guarantee money he received, I side with the team.

This is different than the Leveon Bell situation, where Pittsburgh were being pieces of shit and franchised him twice.
    Last edited by eidolon; 09-03-19 at 11:29 PM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Zeke one of the ugliest humans alive. Cringe when he smiles. Also running backs a dime a dozen. Jets going to find that out the hard way with Bell. Cowboys are right for not paying him. He is replaceable.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Im a cowboys fan and im a huge zeke fan and im pissed at zeke

selfish. Hes basically saying fukk you to Dak and Cooper and rest of team. You dont run the team jerry does like it or not. You dont wanna play go to another team
    Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis, Leveon Bell, Ricky Watters, Marshall Faulk, etc. A lot of all time great RBs have been traded to another team. The player doesn't care who they play for, as long as they are getting paid as much as is humanly possible. Each of those players except Bettis and Faulk went to a worse team. Trust me. The money means more than the location of the team. If I'm going to be used up by my team I want to be paid like it. Otherwise trade me to a team that will use me up and pay me, not low ball me.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 09-02-19 at 04:53 PM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Zeke one of the ugliest humans alive. Cringe when he smiles. Also running backs a dime a dozen. Jets going to find that out the hard way with Bell. Cowboys are right for not paying him. He is replaceable.
    If Zeke is replaceable then the Cowboys should trade him. Some other team would pay him like or more than Gurley

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

sea

Dallas is NOT on the wrong side here... Ezekiel looks bad turning down the last Cowboy's offer
    Nobody here knows any of the actual offers. Oh wait, you saw a piece in the news about it and take it as truth but everything else is fake news. Sammy is a sheep.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

sea

Are the Cowboys going to give Zeke the ball as much as possible?? Then why don't they pay him as much as possible. Do you think another team would pay Zeke Gurley type money? If so, let Zeke be their headache, but for the Cowboys to keep offering after he has turned them down is absolute foolishness.

Sam Odom

Grits

dont take it personal

GL today with your bets

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Jerry Jones all day

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What does a contract even mean anymore if you can holdout before it expires? Just a tentative agreement?

I don't really get involved too much with the business side of individual players because I frankly don't care but I'm siding with the team on principle alone.
    Spot on.
    He's playing a game for mega millions for a living, he's not digging ditches in a graveyard for 12 bucks an hour.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

this has been happening since I was a kid, guy holds out and team finally pays him when they could have did that earlier and had him in camp ready for the 1st game jerry knows he aint trying to lose zeke

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

I usually side with players in contract negotiations. Owners have more than enough to pay out guaranteed contracts. When teams can cut players without paying them what they signed for, I have zero empathy for ownership.
    But an NFL team is a business. Who is to say extra money should go to the player over the owner? A team being able to cut a player and that player not getting non guaranteed money is no breach of the contract. If a player doesn't like that, get more guaranteed money. A player renegotiating a contract because he wants more money isn't part of the contract. Claiming players should get more money because owners have it is leftist SJW hogwash.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Are the Cowboys going to give Zeke the ball as much as possible?? Then why don't they pay him as much as possible. Do you think another team would pay Zeke Gurley type money? If so, let Zeke be their headache, but for the Cowboys to keep offering after he has turned them down is absolute foolishness.
    You keep bringing up Todd unhealthy Girley. How did his team fare in the Superbowl last year? NFL is a PASSING league. That is not a secret. Do you see New England paying backs big $? No. Look at the successful playoff teams. None have a top paid back. Franchises are much smarter to pay multiple players, Philly's Superbowl team is a perfect example.

dlowilly

If Zeke is replaceable then the Cowboys should trade him. Some other team would pay him like or more than Gurley
    These posts are all emotion and no logic

Dallas made a good investment that panned out. How would you like it if you bought a stock in a company you saw potential in at $5, 3 years later it was worth $50, and that company called you up and demanded you pay them $45 per share or they will force a buyback at $5 so they can sell to someone else for $50?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No need for Elliott to be a bitch.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I will always side with the team and/or owner over a player who is still under contract trying to breach it
    especially when there's 2 years left on that contract. let's see how he feels about sitting out that long !

Sam Odom

Rudy

thread is race baiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

he's got 2 years left on his contract plus he gets in trouble i would make him play this year out then talk about an extension

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    These posts are all emotion and no logic

Dallas made a good investment that panned out. How would you like it if you bought a stock in a company you saw potential in at $5, 3 years later it was worth $50, and that company called you up and demanded you pay them $45 per share or they will force a buyback at $5 so they can sell to someone else for $50?
    Zeke was the number 4 pick. He wasn't drafted in the 3rd round or lower. They knew he could help them win a super bowl and drafted him accordingly, AND he still has outperformed his contract and draft position. Don't use that penny stock analogy with Zeke. Everyone knew Zeke would be a game changer.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

hardly ever get right answers when dealing with money and athletes because the people answering arnt making the money its an easy equation once you put yourself in the position nobody performing the best wants to not be paid anywhere near the best nobody would just be quiet about that situation

dlowilly

Zeke was the number 4 pick. He wasn't drafted in the 3rd round or lower. They knew he could help them win a super bowl and drafted him accordingly, AND he still has outperformed his contract and draft position. Don't use that penny stock analogy with Zeke. Everyone knew Zeke would be a game changer.
    Did someone else sign the contract?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    You keep bringing up Todd unhealthy Girley. How did his team fare in the Superbowl last year? NFL is a PASSING league. That is not a secret. Do you see New England paying backs big $? No. Look at the successful playoff teams. None have a top paid back. Franchises are much smarter to pay multiple players, Philly's Superbowl team is a perfect example.
    The team than won the Super Bowl had Tom Brady. If you don't have a Tom Brady type QB you need someone to help the team win in other ways. Last I checked only one team had a Tom Brady, everyone else needs maximum help, and Zeke would help any QB be better, even Brady.

1234 ... Last