View Poll Results: Ezekiel Elliott: Who's side are you on?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ezekiel Elliott

16 29.09%
  • Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys

39 70.91%
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Zeke one of the ugliest humans alive. Cringe when he smiles. Also running backs a dime a dozen. Jets going to find that out the hard way with Bell. Cowboys are right for not paying him. He is replaceable.
    What does what Zeke look like have to do with anything? If he is replaceable, replace him. Don't negotiate.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Zeke's contract was in line with the other top draft picks in 2016. Jared Goff went to the Superbowl last year, did he try to renegotiate?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What does a contract even mean anymore if you can holdout before it expires? Just a tentative agreement?

I don't really get involved too much with the business side of individual players because I frankly don't care but I'm siding with the team on principle alone.
    well, they can cut you and only owe you pennies stretched out over the course of 6 years or so.... but I see your point

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Always the players but gotta say if they offered him 13/15 per he should have took, unless the guaranteed money was ass.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Jerry likes to flash the cash around,until it comes to paying players. But I can see the other side of it,that you should honour a contract until it's done.

I guess I dont back either group,im not getting anything out of it.

Corner blitz21
    Corner blitz21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Jerry likes to flash the cash around,until it comes to paying players. These old billionaires are huge cheapskates.
    Salary cap

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I'm guessing that the same ppl siding with players who are still under contract are the same ppl who would picket demanding $15 hourly for working at McDonalds.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Corner blitz21 View Post
    Salary cap
    Yeah im just speaking in general, most rich people are cheap as f@ck. But I do think he should honour his contract.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Yeah im just speaking in general, most rich people are cheap as f@ck. But I do think he should honour his contract.
    So should the owners. Quit cutting players like Lesean McCoy and Gerald McCoy to save cap space if you don't want to renegotiate when the player outperforms the same exact contract. ALL the contracts are the same, honor ALL of them. Quit cutting and releasing players who have years on their contracts, and stop giving millions of dollars to players who abruptly retire(Luck), and pay the ones who are actually playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

The business of business is business.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    So should the owners. Quit cutting players like Lesean McCoy and Gerald McCoy to save cap space if you don't want to renegotiate when the player outperforms the same exact contract. ALL the contracts are the same, honor ALL of them. Quit cutting and releasing players who have years on their contracts, and stop giving millions of dollars to players who abruptly retire(Luck), and pay the ones who are actually playing.
    That is part of the contract though, the right to cut them. If teams couldn't ever cut players just think how many of them would show up at camp 50 pounds overweight and refusing to run a lap.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The business of business is business.

True

But business relies on contracts.

And sports is about the only business in which one side believes they can just back out at any given time and not pay the consequences.

Make examples out of these fools once & for all

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If Zeke is replaceable then the Cowboys should trade him. Some other team would pay him like or more than Gurley
    I don't know. I think a lot of teams are looking at the Gurley situation right now and saying "Damn, glad that wasn't us"

If anything, it is going to scare teams to pay their running backs big money.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jerry Jones needs to get the checkbook and write a check. Enough with shenanigans.

Kermit

What do you guys think about Melvin Gordon? He turned down 10 million. Is he even worth that? Last year, the Chargers went 4-0 in games that he didn't play. 2 of those games were against KC and Pittsburgh.

He wants that Gurley money too. I think that he should have taken the 10 million.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I dont feel the same about gordon but if he wants to sit out I guess he can might end up like laveon that didnt turn out so well think zeke will come to an agreement

packerd_00

dlow said it pretty plainly,what the teams are doing is legal within the rules of the contracts. Is their a rule in the contract that says if you want more money you can hold out.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    What do you guys think about Melvin Gordon? He turned down 10 million. Is he even worth that? Last year, the Chargers went 4-0 in games that he didn't play. 2 of those games were against KC and Pittsburgh.

He wants that Gurley money too. I think that he should have taken the 10 million.
    Just about every team is set at runningback,they arent going to offer the Chargers much in the way of compensation. Gordon could end up sitting for the year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

dlow said it pretty plainly,what the teams are doing is legal within the rules of the contracts. Is their a rule in the contract that says if you want more money you can hold out.
    It's legal for a lot of things, that doesn't mean you should do it.

packerd_00

Not my call mate. I dont care either way,thats their problem to worry about. I agree with you though, Luck shouldnt have got that money for doing nothing.

dlowilly

If you should do it is almost always subjective, but one of the actions is within the rules of the contract and one isn't. Once again, there is no way teams can't have the option of cutting players and still have a viable league.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Just about every team is set at runningback,they arent going to offer the Chargers much in the way of compensation. Gordon could end up sitting for the year.
    While I’m pretty much always on the players side Gordon a idiot for turning down what they offered. He isn’t special like Zeke. Matter a fact I don’t think he makes Chargers any better, and being the injury prone bum he is I wouldn’t give him shit now that he has missed all camp. Guarantee that dude has a hammy or some other nagging injury within his 1st 2 games back., I wouldn’t pay him shit.

Zeke is difference between Dallas contending for SB and missing playoffs. Has proven to keep himself in excellent shape, and when he missed those 6 games didn’t miss a beat.

I’ve found myself arguing a bunch bout Zeke and still feel like ppl wanna lump him in w the generalized comment RBs don’t matter, while that is true for a great deal of them and teams can obviously win without them, it is not true when it comes to way this Dallas team is constructed and him. Everyone acts like Steelers were fine without Bell too but I don’t recall seeing them in playoffs. Bet they woulda been in had he played!!

There only bout 3-4 special backs that are real difference makers, when your team has dak at qb you better have one of them.. sure rams had that other dude put up good numbers but anyone think pats shut them down had Gurley been healthy? I don’t.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    He is still under rookie contract, where had his contract negotiated for the guaranteed money. Unless he wants to give back all of the guarantee money he received, I side with the team.

This is different than the Leveon Bell situation, where Pittsburgh were being pieces of shit and franchised him twice.
    That franchise tag was supposed to be for teams to keep their franchise QB when it was first put in place when Joe Montana left the Niners unceremoniously. Now teams use it out of spite to keep players from cashing in on a long term deal. How many players have actually signed with the teams that "franchised" them to death. It just causes animosity between the team and player. Maybe one year, but there is no need to franchise a player more than once, either you want him long term or you don't. Needs to be revamped or only be able to do it once, and for Christ sakes, use the franchise tag on QB's instead of the best NON QB on the team.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 09-02-19 at 08:54 PM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    While I’m pretty much always on the players side Gordon a idiot for turning down what they offered. He isn’t special like Zeke. Matter a fact I don’t think he makes Chargers any better, and being the injury prone bum he is I wouldn’t give him shit now that he has missed all camp. Guarantee that dude has a hammy or some other nagging injury within his 1st 2 games back., I wouldn’t pay him shit.

Zeke is difference between Dallas contending for SB and missing playoffs. Has proven to keep himself in excellent shape, and when he missed those 6 games didn’t miss a beat.

I’ve found myself arguing a bunch bout Zeke and still feel like ppl wanna lump him in w the generalized comment RBs don’t matter, while that is true for a great deal of them and teams can obviously win without them, it is not true when it comes to way this Dallas team is constructed and him. Everyone acts like Steelers were fine without Bell too but I don’t recall seeing them in playoffs. Bet they woulda been in had he played!!

There only bout 3-4 special backs that are real difference makers, when your team has dak at qb you better have one of them.. sure rams had that other dude put up good numbers but anyone think pats shut them down had Gurley been healthy? I don’t.
    I was looking at the rosters yesterday, outside of maybe the Buccaneers their really isnt a team that needs a runningback. Thats how shallow the market is at that position. Quarterbacks are abit diffrent, a good quarterback is at such a premium.

Your spot on about Elliot, he is a such big cog in how that offense runs unlike some teams that can afford to move on, they cant afford to do that. Same deal with the Saints they aren't going to let Kamara walk when the time comes to settle up. Gurley and Kupp were sorely missed in that Super Bowl. That passing game languished without Kupp.

Kermit

Be funny if the Cowboys worked out a deal with Gordon.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Be funny if the Cowboys worked out a deal with Gordon.

HaHa that would be great as long as Gordon didn't get what he was demanding as well

packerd_00

If they did,he's gonna have to eat some humble pie and realize where his market is. Only way I can see it working.

Mrtop7
    Mrtop7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2178

management is the right play here..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtop7 View Post
    management is the right play here..
    Yes. Nearly 25 years since their last Super Bowl appearance. They are right on track to make it 26 and 27 being right all the time.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

95% of the time I seem to side with the players...put yourself in their shoes, owners don't give 2 f*cks about their pack mules who earn them hundreds of millions in revenue...any NFL player with Zeke's type of leverage should only know 4 words....f*ck you pay me

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Ezekiel will be incarcerated within 10yrs
    This. He'll be broke as well regardless of the money he is paid just like Adrian Peterson.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’ll take Elliot side but like others said He will be broke anyway when he’s 40

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Why can't owners (management) when sitting down with players (agents) when hammering out the initial contract state "this is the contract, there is to be no negotiations, this contract is binding" or something to that effect.

Point being both sides have to be crystal clear that this is the contract and there will be no alterations once signed.
    Once signed, that's it.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Why can't owners (management) when sitting down with players (agents) when hammering out the initial contract state "this is the contract, there is to be no negotiations, this contract is binding" or something to that effect.

Point being both sides have to be crystal clear that this is the contract and there will be no alterations once signed.
    Once signed, that's it.
    Binding would mean the owners would have to stop cutting and releasing players still under contract. The owners want it both ways. The players only want it one way. If the player outperforms the contract or the market positively shifts upwards the players want to renegotiate. The owners want to cut/release at will and hold players to contracts below their market value. That stinks.

First 12345 Last