View Poll Results: Ezekiel Elliott: Who's side are you on?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ezekiel Elliott

16 29.09%
  • Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys

39 70.91%
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    The cba negotiated those contracts so it was fair for all players. Whining you want more because u did a good job is revisionist bs. Like someone else said, if he was a bust or tore an Achilles was he going to give back the guaranteed money? If he didnt like the contract he could have held out of the draft and see if things got better or he could have played somewhere else. Truth is that is about the best he could have hoped for before playing a down in the nfl. If players hate the structure the cba could restructure but they won’t because they try to do what’s best for all players.

What do u mean if u are getting paid a salary u are basically under contract? U either signed a contract or u didn’t. If u didn’t, then go right ahead and ask for a raise. If u did, fulfill ur contract and perform well, then ask for a raise. Not complicated

Your analogy of discovering something that makes the company gobs of money is a miss also. Usually if u are in a position to discover or invent something it is stipulated Your employer gets the rights to that and compensation for such things is included in ur pay.
    what you are not seeing is that the teams have players insured. So if he blows out a knee it won't be the team paying him. But they get the cap space write off.Also the first contract is like communism. You are paid what the team want to in that slot. Now if it was someone that is on the 2nd contract i could somewhat agreeable with your analogy. How many of these guys are dribbling spit at the age of 40 from getting their head bashed in.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I'm still laughing at Kingdumb's "exceed your contract" comment.

Pretty sure when an athlete signs a contract it includes him performing the best he can.
    exceeding a contract means outperforming expectations. very common term to people who actually watch sports instead of using it for his idiotic racist politics.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    exceeding a contract means outperforming expectations. very common term to people who actually watch sports instead of using it for his idiotic racist politics.
    Dude is a clown. Obviously Zeke was worth more than his rookie deal was paying. He was Smart enough to realize right now his value was at its peak for several reasons, made wise business move and took advantage of the leverage he may not have had in 2 years! Got what he deserved.

Losers like Dblow don’t like to see guys come up in the world, especially a black man who Dblow thinks should sacrifice his body and be grateful for anything they give him., I didn’t want anyone else to interpret me making this bout race with anyone. Those comments were strictly for known racist Dblow who obviously doesn’t like idea that a black man knows his worth and it far more than his ever be, he thinks they should be thrilled to get anything!! Lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Dude is a clown. Obviously Zeke was worth more than his rookie deal was paying. He was Smart enough to realize right now his value was at its peak for several reasons, made wise business move and took advantage of the leverage he may not have had in 2 years! Got what he deserved.

Losers like Dblow don’t like to see guys come up in the world, especially a black man who Dblow thinks should sacrifice his body and be grateful for anything they give him., I didn’t want anyone else to interpret me making this bout race with anyone. Those comments were strictly for known racist Dblow who obviously doesn’t like idea that a black man knows his worth and it far more than his ever be, he thinks they should be thrilled to get anything!! Lol
    His past must be interesting. i'm assuming something traumatic. as for football, the melvin gordon's and zeke elliots will be common post leveon. the franchise tag is an obvious weapon. especially against a running back playing on a rookie deal til he's 26. franchise him twice and he's 28, and then say he is too old for a long term deal. the league hasn't given rb's any other options when they don't even want to pay the premiere guys. obviously, zeke did the right thing. things didn't work out as well for demarco murray after the cowboys used him up.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Capitalism!

The first contracts are communist. Fact.

RBs are undervalued as it is. The woman beating Tyreek Hill got paid too and could earn up to 18m per year. QBs (mostly whiteys) get almost double what RBs like Gurley and Zeke will be getting.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave convick 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

His past must be interesting. i'm assuming something traumatic. as for football, the melvin gordon's and zeke elliots will be common post leveon. the franchise tag is an obvious weapon. especially against a running back playing on a rookie deal til he's 26. franchise him twice and he's 28, and then say he is too old for a long term deal. the league hasn't given rb's any other options when they don't even want to pay the premiere guys. obviously, zeke did the right thing. things didn't work out as well for demarco murray after the cowboys used him up.
    I think we disagree about Gordon talent and far as what he means to his team.

Think we can agree he had nowhere near the leverage Zeke did. Cowboys are prob not even a playoff team without Zeke. Are SB contenders with Zeke.

Gordon on the other hand choose to try this after his team won bunch of games without him at the end of last season. Obviously chargers not sitting there thinking their chances hinge on Gordon, their team just isn’t built that way and they can get very similar production for what they want out of their backs w the other guys. Gordon should have took the bump to 10mil per they offered him imo.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Gordon has 38 touchdowns last 3 seasons in limited games. doubt too many backs even come close to that. with the 10 mil, you never usually know the details of the guarantees in an nfl contract until the deal is agreed on. I think zeke and saquon are special, and then a drop down depending on gurley's health. Looking at the bears offense, a guy like gordon can make a huge difference with the o line they have and the qb being inconsistent.

2daBank

Gordon has 38 touchdowns last 3 seasons in limited games. doubt too many backs even come close to that. with the 10 mil, you never usually know the details of the guarantees in an nfl contract until the deal is agreed on. I think zeke and saquon are special, and then a drop down depending on gurley's health. Looking at the bears offense, a guy like gordon can make a huge difference with the o line they have and the qb being inconsistent.
    Yea I understand I don’t know what the guaranteed money was like. Good chance it was shit and releasing him turning down 10 mil per was just a pr move by chargers.

My thing w Gordon is I think his numbers are a product of system while I think Zeke makes the system. Plenty of backs would have put those Gordon numbers up on that chargers team imo. Limited games cause dude a walking injury who pulls his hammy getting off the bus! Lol. Nothing against him, I just think he much more fits the “RBs are replaceable” narrative.

Bears could certainly use one tho! Dunno wtf they were thinking letting Howard walk and not having any kind of replacement plan in place? I love Cohen but he obviously not the between the tackles heavy workload guy they need. Davis has never proven to be the guy. Certainly won’t argue Gordon be a huge upgrade and help for them. What kind of price are chargers asking for tho? Bears gave up a lot for Mack. Then there the problem of what he wants? Nobody gonna give him more than 10 mil per and honestly shouldn’t. Then there the gotta be huge concern of whether he can stay healthy after missing camp, I wouldn’t trust that at all, seen those guys get hurt a lot and have those injuries linger half the season in these situations (already mentioned why I didn’t worry same bout Zeke)...

I was listening to cowherd today and he brought up good point w bears. They need to let/encourage trubisky to run way more. His legs a asset and not like they should care about protecting him long term cause he not the long term answer. Should have him zone read type shit and let him use his legs much like jags did w what’s his face. Seemed like he ran more last year, last night there were bunch of times he coulda tucked it and picked up a 1st down but kept eyes down field and made a shitty incomplete pass. Tell that Mfer to run for those 1st downs, they gotta figure out a way to keep chains moving or that defense gonna be gassed in every 4th qrtr!!
    Last edited by 2daBank; 09-06-19 at 08:21 PM.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Yea I understand I don’t know what the guaranteed money was like. Good chance it was shit and releasing him turning down 10 mil per was just a pr move by chargers.

My thing w Gordon is I think his numbers are a product of system while I think Zeke makes the system. Plenty of backs would have put those Gordon numbers up on that chargers team imo. Limited games cause dude a walking injury who pulls his hammy getting off the bus! Lol. Nothing against him, I just think he much more fits the “RBs are replaceable” narrative.

Bears could certainly use one tho! Dunno wtf they were thinking letting Howard walk and not having any kind of replacement plan in place? I love Cohen but he obviously not the between the tackles heavy workload guy they need. Davis has never proven to be the guy. Certainly won’t argue Gordon be a huge upgrade and help for them. What kind of price are chargers asking for tho? Bears gave up a lot for Mack. Then there the problem of what he wants? Nobody gonna give him more than 10 mil per and honestly shouldn’t. Then there the gotta be huge concern of whether he can stay healthy after missing camp, I wouldn’t trust that at all, seen those guys get hurt a lot and have those injuries linger half the season in these situations (already mentioned why I didn’t worry same bout Zeke)...

I was listening to cowherd today and he brought up good point w bears. They need to let/encourage trubisky to run way more. His legs a asset and not like they should care about protecting him long term cause he not the long term answer. Should have him zone read type shit and let him use his legs much like jags did w what’s his face. Seemed like he ran more last year, last night there were bunch of times he coulda tucked it and picked up a 1st down but kept eyes down field and made a shitty incomplete pass. Tell that Mfer to run for those 1st downs, they gotta figure out a way to keep chains moving or that defense gonna be gassed in every 4th qrtr!!
    Bears are young and all stars are on defense. don't think they are against a huge number. he is gonna want decent guaranteed money. but the way he can help mitch would be huge. and we disagree again because no, not plenty of backs putting up 38 td's there in 3 seasons (not even playing full seasons). doubt chargers want too much as they aren't gonna sign him anyway. bears don't have any premiere players on offense. this guy is available and they can be a solid playoff team with that defense.

Since his rookie year i called him a smaller cam newton. now if you run him more, you run the same risks. sure he isn't joe montana, but they used a top 10 1st round pic on him. can't turn it into minced meat and start the process all over again with the team's potential. oh, and if you want to keep the chains moving, a good back who avg 5 ypc last year can really help with that lol.
    Last edited by kingdom; 09-06-19 at 08:33 PM.

2daBank

Bears are young and all stars are on defense. don't think they are against a huge number. he is gonna want decent guaranteed money. but the way he can help mitch would be huge. and we disagree again because no, not plenty of backs putting up 38 td's there in 3 seasons (not even playing full seasons). doubt chargers want too much as they aren't gonna sign him anyway. bears don't have any premiere players on offense. this guy is available and they can be a solid playoff team with that defense.

Since his rookie year i called him a smaller cam newton. now if you run him more, you run the same risks. sure he isn't joe montana, but they used a top 10 1st round pic on him. can't turn it into minced meat and start the process all over again with the team's potential.
    They made a huge damn mistake moving up and drafting him. They better be looking for a new qb in next year draft cause he sucks.

I won’t kill them for drafting him with mahomes on board cause nobody knew mahomes was this. But I couldn’t believe they drafted him instead of Watson! I loved Watson coming out, I mean the kid torched bama twice!

Tribisky had 1 decent year in no big games. Terrible pick, terrible player. He hasn’t improved at all. Only time he competent is when Nagy play design cuts field in half, he forced to go off his 1st read his accuracy goes to shit, been same since day 1. Let him get beat up cause his legs only chance they have and no way is he their franchise qb, not if they want to ever win a SB.

Far as Gordon watch all these other chargers RBs score tds, just like they do when he out. Guy is better than average but not top 10 special.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

to say MT hasn't improved is not true. he completed 67 percent of his passes for over 3200 yds and 24 td's and 12 int's. they went 12-4. he threw for 300 yds in a playoff game they almost won if not for the kicker. have you seen mariotta and winston? those are guys that haven't improved. ravens proved twice you can win a sb with a decent qb. bucs did it as well. mitch is limited, but not exactly terrible. bears will be in the playoffs again.

2daBank

to say MT hasn't improved is not true. he completed 67 percent of his passes for over 3200 yds and 24 td's and 12 int's. they went 12-4. he threw for 300 yds in a playoff game they almost won if not for the kicker. have you seen mariotta and winston? those are guys that haven't improved. ravens proved twice you can win a sb with a decent qb. bucs did it as well. mitch is limited, but not exactly terrible. bears will be in the playoffs again.
    The league has made drastic changes since those SBs.

His numbers a product of Nagys play calling man. You can see it when he plays. He has not improved when it comes to being able to move down his progressions and find 2nd-3rd-4th option. When the offense is clicking early and he is able to go to his defined read, only look at half the field he fine, when that taken away and he has to scan his accuracy is dog shit.

Imo Numbers not always accurate indicator of a guys talent, progress, ability to succeed. You right bout mariota and shamus but I’d argue they Havnt been blessed w the play callers trubisky has in Nagy (Although shamus has been blessed w far more talented pass catchers).

This isn’t about those 2 bums. This about trubisky and he not a franchise qb. I don’t think bears getting in the playoffs but even if they do that is their ceiling w Mitch as the qb, maybe winning 1 playoff game. And that the defense and good coach winning games in spite of him!! How many points they put up in that game the kicker missed? Sure they should have won then went and got beat but if he put up points they wouldn’t have had to rely on kicker.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

The league has made drastic changes since those SBs.

His numbers a product of Nagys play calling man. You can see it when he plays. He has not improved when it comes to being able to move down his progressions and find 2nd-3rd-4th option. When the offense is clicking early and he is able to go to his defined read, only look at half the field he fine, when that taken away and he has to scan his accuracy is dog shit.

Imo Numbers not always accurate indicator of a guys talent, progress, ability to succeed. You right bout mariota and shamus but I’d argue they Havnt been blessed w the play callers trubisky has in Nagy (Although shamus has been blessed w far more talented pass catchers).

This isn’t about those 2 bums. This about trubisky and he not a franchise qb. I don’t think bears getting in the playoffs but even if they do that is their ceiling w Mitch as the qb, maybe winning 1 playoff game. And that the defense and good coach winning games in spite of him!! How many points they put up in that game the kicker missed? Sure they should have won then went and got beat but if he put up points they wouldn’t have had to rely on kicker.
    lol. i think they can do far worse. peyton manning won a sb with denver playing below avg. it was ten years ago, but bears went with rex grossman. with this defense you need an adequate game mgr basically. the kid is just 25. he may not have perfect reads, but he threw for 24 td's and 12 int. most inaccurate qb's do much worse. and his legs add an option. i just think the potential is there because of the team around him. and tom brady put up less pts than that and won a sb. when you have a great defense, a lot of it is about not losing the game sometimes and make a few plays to give your team a chance. i didn't like him at all at unc and thought it a terrible pick. imagine this team with watson lol. but his decision making has been much better than i thought. he has potential to lead this team. how much different is he than cam who took carolina to the sb and won mvp that year?

2daBank

lol. i think they can do far worse. peyton manning won a sb with denver playing below avg. it was ten years ago, but bears went with rex grossman. with this defense you need an adequate game mgr basically. the kid is just 25. he may not have perfect reads, but he threw for 24 td's and 12 int. most inaccurate qb's do much worse. and his legs add an option. i just think the potential is there because of the team around him. and tom brady put up less pts than that and won a sb. when you have a great defense, a lot of it is about not losing the game sometimes and make a few plays to give your team a chance. i didn't like him at all at unc and thought it a terrible pick. imagine this team with watson lol. but his decision making has been much better than i thought. he has potential to lead this team. how much different is he than cam who took carolina to the sb and won mvp that year?
    League has changed so much in just last 5 years. Obviously You can still win a bunch of games w strong run game and defense but not sure we will see another team winning a SB without well above average qb play. Obviously you can have one these mid tear QBs get hot in playoffs and carry ya (aka nick foles) so it not out of question but w the quality of so many passing games now I just don’t buy trubisky going toe to toe in playoffs and making the plays you have to, plus I don’t think Mitch is one these mid tear guys (more like bottom 10) kinda like what’s his fukkin name jags just got rid of?!??! Trubisky is very similar to him imo.

How much different is he than Cam? You can’t be serious? Cam a elite athlete who when healthy makes plays and he never been blessed w a creative play caller. Give him bears weapons and Nagy in his prime and he would have put up w whole bunch of points!! Maybe this version of Cam you can compare but not to Cam at his best. Guy carried a team to a national championship!!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

league hasn't changed as much as you think. Big Ben led league passing over 5k yards. matt ryan in 3rd at 4900. aaron rodgers 6th, eli 9th, and cousins 10th. all big yards, all in highest paid categories, and all missed playoffs. mitch, lamar, foles, dak and goff in playoffs. carolina and denver went to sb as teams. pats/eagles. pats/rams a low scoring sb with teams playing good defense. college cam is one of best of all time, but dynamics obviously different in nfl.
    trubisky has a team with zero offensive stars and still put up adequate numbers and won 12 games while with the qb's; ab, julio jones, obj, and both minny all pro receivers all at home playoff time. rams defense, pats defense, eagles, ravens, bears, etc... all in the playoffs. 20 years from now if you have a premiere defense in the nfl, you have a shot at the super bowl. that will not change.

2daBank

league hasn't changed as much as you think. Big Ben led league passing over 5k yards. matt ryan in 3rd at 4900. aaron rodgers 6th, eli 9th, and cousins 10th. all big yards, all in highest paid categories, and all missed playoffs. mitch, lamar, foles, dak and goff in playoffs. carolina and denver went to sb as teams. pats/eagles. pats/rams a low scoring sb with teams playing good defense. college cam is one of best of all time, but dynamics obviously different in nfl.
    trubisky has a team with zero offensive stars and still put up adequate numbers and won 12 games while with the qb's; ab, julio jones, obj, and both minny all pro receivers all at home playoff time. rams defense, pats defense, eagles, ravens, bears, etc... all in the playoffs. 20 years from now if you have a premiere defense in the nfl, you have a shot at the super bowl. that will not change.
    League has changed a ton bro. Defense will still win you games and potentially get you to playoffs but I don’t think we will see anymore teams like 85 bears, Ray Lewis Ravens, old ass Peyton donks.

Your defense can’t be that dominate anymore, it impossible w way the rules stacked against them. “Elite” defense will never mean the same thing it did in past, you can’t even impose your will in that physical of a manor, it sucks.

If we calling this Bears D elite then you can throw your last statement out cause they ain’t sniffing the SB. But again “elite” is being used very loosely if we calling them that. Maybe they elite for now days.

Pats defense has the best qb in history to make plays when they need them!!

I really only think elite defenses won on their own a few times since 2000. 1st ravens sb team w Dilfer was all d (the second Flacco played insane in playoffs), the Donks with broken down Peyton was all D (and also a fix, Lol) .. Even the giants wins Eli stepped up huge in playoffs and luck boxed big throws in SBs.

But last decade it was only that Peyton donks team and that 5 years ago now and rules have gotten way worse since then! So one outlier and that is getting more in rear view every year that goes by..

now the odds on favorite teams all sporting elite or up and coming QBs!! The next 10 years SBs going to likes of mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Wentz, Goff, Mayfield, Darnold. Of course Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, maybe even Ryan or Rivers still might have something to say about next few!! Point being all the elite QBs! Maybe, and I mean maybe, Dak cause they have a incredible team around him on both sides of the ball. Dak has top notch leadership skills tho!!

I’d bet my sweet ass A Mitch trubusky team is not gonna win 2-3 playoff games and SB vs that list of QBs above. Just not gonna happen. Of course I been wrong before but not likely! Lol. Anyways at least we can disagree/argue without being disrespectful to each other!! Lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Peyton won in 16 banker. pats won 2 of 3 since then so not so long ago. if post 155 didn't convince you defense matters, i never will lol. bears are elite i would say by today's standards. i've always preferred efficiency over stats. Eli one of my favorite qb's because everyone said he couldn't win one when he started with the giants as well. never liked peyton as he didn't shine as often in big playoff moments. brady a favorite of mine as well. something about mitch i like. he's one of my favorites to watch and root for. i love old school football. i think he's gonna be one of the guys that gets the job done. russell wilson wasn't anywhere near as good as he is now when they won the sb. but the team was better. team is the concept. not the qb. never been an aaron rodgers guy as i feel he's overrated. i judge results. grew up watching joe montana and was amazed he always seemed to pull it out in big moments like brady. joe was as elite as anyone when it came to making big plays.

it sounds crazy to some, but i don't believe rodgers wins 6 rings if he started in brady's spot with bill. i think brady and michael jordan have an exceptionally competitive gene that is uncommon in sports. it's like when neo knew he was the one lol. these guys never believe they will lose. times change, but a premiere defense can still win you a ring with an offense that can make some plays. bill did it last year with a decent defense and an elite game plan. marino one of best qb's i ever saw. couldn't win a ring without a defense. ravens won one with dilfer.
    defense will always win championships.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Very common term lol did you come up with that one during commercials while you were watching the tv shows whose scripts molded your scientific opinion that whites are disproportionately incestuous and/or pedophiles?

You making something up and repeating it doesn't make it a thing. If you place a bet on team A at -3 and they win by 21 does that mean you should get paid more? Fawkin idiot

It doesn't matter what he's worth at some time during the contract. He signed the contract. Really not a difficult concept.
    Oh wow, one of SBR's black racists and a proud former drug pusher don't like me, I'll try to go on living

2daBank

Those contracts not worth the paper they written on, hilarious you think that concept should only work 1 way.

“Drug pusher” lmfao. Weed isn’t a drug but you are a clown. Has yelich got to 100 home runs yet fukktard? Nothing funnier than dudes on a gambling forum that don’t have the 1st fukkin clue about sports.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Outperforming expectations? He was the no. 4 overall pick. Of course everyone had high hope for him. He still signed the "shitty" contract anyway.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

His rookie contract didn't look too shabby. Looked like a package worth over 40 million. I honestly think this stuff is used to conjure up interest in the sport. To get fans involved in banter leading up to the season. Would not surprise me at all.

First ... 2345