chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Chico - they can tag him EVERY year. There's no limit to how many times they can franchise a player BUT it could get expensive very quick as it's at least 120% increase per year. Sort of compound interest. But teams don't care because they don't assume any future risk by tagging players.

I reiterate again... NO PLAYER WANTS TO BE FRANCHISED. NONE. I wonder why?
    look he refused richest contract for rb. No one wants to be franchised. But they want to be paid if hurt. I understand. But you act like business isn't business. I feel for the construction worker who body is broken down and the company kicks him to the curb. How many old roofers you ever met?

chico2663

Chico, that contract was not attractive. He's basically making that with his franchise tag. He should make at least $40m guaranteed. The $70m number is horseshit. He would never, ever see that. It's comical that they would even mention the $70m when they know they have ZERO intention on paying it.
    So guerley who is 2 years younger gets guaranteed 40 and they offer him 33. Yes it is little disrespectful but he will be 2nd highest paid rb in league.

chico2663

nice to chat you buddy . Thanks for the stock tips you gave me.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave chico2663 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think that article is based around an earlier tweet by Rapoport.

“From the best I can tell, from the people involved in this, their guess is that Le’Veon Bell will show up on Saturday," Rapoport said on Thursday. "That is what it is looking like. He will be in the building, he will receive his $800,000 plus game check, not play Week 1 and get ready for Week 2."
    Right, and the one I posted came afterwards. Sounds like he is backtracking.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Most times it can be done is 3 times. The 3rd year they have to pay 44% instead 20%. That is why no one gets tagged more than twice. A player can only be tagged 3 times in his career.
    There's no specific limitation on how many times a player can be franchised. The NFLPA tried to insist that 3 years was the max but the NFL didn't even comment because it is not clearly stated in the CBA, so the NFLPA loses again. Now, are teams open to paying 44% increase years 3 and 4? I don't think so but teams may eventually figure out that one of their players might be worth it because they don't have to assume long term risk.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bell is not playing unless they pay him. This is the time for Steelers to pay the man.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    nice to chat you buddy . Thanks for the stock tips you gave me.
    Always great to chat with you bro.

I thought I read somewhere that you were gone for a bit? Was everything okay? I know you mentioned some health issues. You good?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Bell is not playing unless they pay him. This is the time for Steelers to pay the man.
    Who will cave first? I can't lie, I'd have a tough time giving up almost a Million dollars this week to play a game I love. I have a lot of principles but I can easily prostitute myself out for the right price. Haha. I think his teammates throwing him under the bus really makes it easier for him to not return anytime soon. I think the Browns defense is going to shut down the run game as well, which will make it look even better for him.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Who will cave first? I can't lie, I'd have a tough time giving up almost a Million dollars this week to play a game I love. I have a lot of principles but I can easily prostitute myself out for the right price. Haha. I think his teammates throwing him under the bus really makes it easier for him to not return anytime soon. I think the Browns defense is going to shut down the run game as well, which will make it look even better for him.
    I think the exact opposite is true. It's one thing when the suits and ties in the administrative realm are unhappy with your holdout, but when your brothers in arms, with whom you shed blood, sweat, and tears with down in the trenches openly express disdain with your actions, that's something that I'm sure resonates deeply with any normal person, and probably serves as some impetus to rejoin the fold before he becomes a full-blown pariah.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think the exact opposite is true. It's one thing when the suits and ties in the administrative realm are unhappy with your holdout, but when your brothers in arms, with whom you shed blood, sweat, and tears with down in the trenches openly express disdain with your actions, that's something that I'm sure resonates deeply with any normal person, and probably serves as some impetus to rejoin the fold before he becomes a full-blown pariah.
    Pouncey is the only bitch I've ever known to call out a teammate over bullshit. He did it to Blount in 2014 and he did it to Bell. His antics will not endear Bell to want to join the team any sooner.

This is football, not a blitzkrieg in Norway. It's entertainment not some war. Brother in arms for a meaningless game of football? That's a joke. He is playing just like everyone else... TO GET PAID. The bottom line is that it is always about the money. Bell will either accept the money or hold out for more. Very simple concept. His choice. Not his band of brothers who just threw him under the bus.

chico2663

There's no specific limitation on how many times a player can be franchised. The NFLPA tried to insist that 3 years was the max but the NFL didn't even comment because it is not clearly stated in the CBA, so the NFLPA loses again. Now, are teams open to paying 44% increase years 3 and 4? I don't think so but teams may eventually figure out that one of their players might be worth it because they don't have to assume long term risk.
    I googled it and quoted it from that.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Pouncey is the only bitch I've ever known to call out a teammate over bullshit. He did it to Blount in 2014 and he did it to Bell. His antics will not endear Bell to want to join the team any sooner.

This is football, not a blitzkrieg in Norway. It's entertainment not some war. Brother in arms for a meaningless game of football? That's a joke. He is playing just like everyone else... TO GET PAID. The bottom line is that it is always about the money. Bell will either accept the money or hold out for more. Very simple concept. His choice. Not his band of brothers who just threw him under the bus.
    Are you really going trip over a metaphor? If you've never heard someone compare football, boxing, or even a heated argument to war, then you must live in a mudhut somewhere off the grid. You forge a bond with the guys you spend years at practice with, in the weight room, in training camp, in games, locker room etc. and they become your second family of sorts. If you don't understand that, then you're probably a golfer.

chico2663

Are you really going trip over a metaphor? If you've never heard someone compare football, boxing, or even a heated argument to war, then you must live in a mudhut somewhere off the grid. You forge a bond with the guys you spend years at practice with, in the weight room, in training camp, in games, locker room etc. and they become your second family of sorts. If you don't understand that, then you're probably a golfer.
    he played football at one of the powerhouse high schools in ohio and the for university of florida. He is one of the few on this site who was an athlete.

Mac4Lyfe

I understand the metaphor BUT I've never heard a teammate comment against another teammate about a contract negotiation. NEVER. Brothers or not, I'd kick Pouncey's ass saying that stupid shit.

First ... 2345