Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Mac there is an answer to this. It is called an insurance policy. Just because he isn't smart enough to have one isn't our problem. If you think the line doesn't matter look at todd guerley stats 2 years ago and then last year. I never remember earl campbell, barry sanders or any of the other greats holding out. I hope he is the nick esasky sp of the nfl. You put his ass on cleveland roster he is just another rb. His ass will be in camp real soon if conner has a good game. This week will prove if it was the line or him. I am usually for the players but not in this instance. I could understand if he was dealing with mike brown but c'mon the rooney family is the most player friendly owner in the league.
    Who exactly should pay for this insurance policy? How would you structure the insurance policy? If he got a career ending injury or if he's just nicked up really bad? What about if he performs poorly, can he get insurance for that too??

Huh? Barry sat out his rookie camp over a contract. Earl pushed the Oilers several times that he was going to hold out. My father in law was on that team. One year, several other players walked out of camp following Earl's lead. And to think, Earl and Barry were never Franchised? But, what do they have to do with Bell? What does "greats" have to do with Bell? Didn't Jim Brown quit football over a contract dispute? Didn't Barry do the same? The Lions took him to court to recoup his sign on bonus when he retired. Talk about sour grapes. I really can't think too many times when a player DIDN'T have an issue with a contract? It is a part of business. Do you really think Bell is "just another RB"? I don't think so. I think we will find out this weekend that the Stoolers need Bell more than he needs them, which will increase his value even more.

Why wouldn't the Rooney family be player friendly??? Daddy Art bought the Stooler franchise for $2,500. That franchise was valued last year at $2.5 BILLION and will most likely double in the next few years. They are not anymore endearing to their players than any other owner.

To think - the only reason Earl is in a wheel chair today is because the Oiler ran his ass into the ground.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    They have paid Big Ben/pouncey/AB —- RB position isn’t as value like before - there methods have work for decades? Why changed what’s working ?
    Then it should be very easy for them when Bell becomes an UFA.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

He pays for the insurance. It is tax deductible. I was laughed at because I carried my own disability policy. I believe in self insurance. He is the highest paid rb in the league. He wants qb money but those days are over. I know earl is flucked up. Met him when I was a kid. My uncle was on that u.t team that got beat by notre dame when earl got knocked out. Just like I met pete when he was at ohio state. Neighbor was big contributor to ohio st.
    A lot of athletes carry policies on themselves. If he has a bad year he was guaranteed 33 million on his contract. I have seen guys working in construction that are broke down at 12 bucks an hr. So to feel sorry for him ...I don't. I just wished I was 3 inches taller so I could of been broke down like that.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Then it should be very easy for them when Bell becomes an UFA.
    i am facebook friends with earl. Have chatted with him couple times

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Don't compare players of the old days with Bell.
    Steelers players and ownership is like, wth ? Take 10 million dollars and play football
    for one frigging year.
    You are a free agent next season.

Bell is wrong. And he will pay the price next year when teams don't want to bother with him.

chico2663

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Don't compare players of the old days with Bell.
    Steelers players and ownership is like, wth ? Take 10 million dollars and play football
    for one frigging year.
    You are a free agent next season.

Bell is wrong. And he will pay the price next year when teams don't want to bother with him.
    Somebody will pay him. He won't be as good. If you remember how good herschel was with the cowboys and then went to minnesota. Pitts will be laughing. If conner has a good month do pitts rescind offer and give him less money?

chico2663

Who exactly should pay for this insurance policy? How would you structure the insurance policy? If he got a career ending injury or if he's just nicked up really bad? What about if he performs poorly, can he get insurance for that too??

Huh? Barry sat out his rookie camp over a contract. Earl pushed the Oilers several times that he was going to hold out. My father in law was on that team. One year, several other players walked out of camp following Earl's lead. And to think, Earl and Barry were never Franchised? But, what do they have to do with Bell? What does "greats" have to do with Bell? Didn't Jim Brown quit football over a contract dispute? Didn't Barry do the same? The Lions took him to court to recoup his sign on bonus when he retired. Talk about sour grapes. I really can't think too many times when a player DIDN'T have an issue with a contract? It is a part of business. Do you really think Bell is "just another RB"? I don't think so. I think we will find out this weekend that the Stoolers need Bell more than he needs them, which will increase his value even more.

Why wouldn't the Rooney family be player friendly??? Daddy Art bought the Stooler franchise for $2,500. That franchise was valued last year at $2.5 BILLION and will most likely double in the next few years. They are not anymore endearing to their players than any other owner.

To think - the only reason Earl is in a wheel chair today is because the Oiler ran his ass into the ground.

penetrate pete rose . Guy is a piece of shit. There was a reason none of his family came to his last wedding. His brother dave is a hell of a nice guy.

chico2663

Guy would let you screw his wife for money. Mack if you knew the real story about him and worlds gym you wouldn't be a fan.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Somebody will pay him. He won't be as good. If you remember how good herschel was with the cowboys and then went to minnesota. Pitts will be laughing. If conner has a good month do pitts rescind offer and give him less money?
    I would say Bell is done in Pittsburgh, may even get cut.
    Why? Because he's trying to prolong his time possibly to Week 10
    and doesn't care about the team. He thinks he won't get injured the less he plays.
    Already gaming his next team.. https://clutchpoints.com/steelers-ne...ll-be-2019-fa/
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/n...u1o7r2mmzsgu3x
    Steelers did all they can. 14.5 million for this year but Bell will STILL be a FA.

no team in their right mind can UP that offer and lose the player next season.
    He is not worth it.

chico2663

it is in the bargaining table. I read that. I drafted him with the third pick in a fantasy league that i usually lose at least 500 dollars in. I always pick the wrong one.

Mac4Lyfe

He pays for the insurance. It is tax deductible. I was laughed at because I carried my own disability policy. I believe in self insurance. He is the highest paid rb in the league. He wants qb money but those days are over. I know earl is flucked up. Met him when I was a kid. My uncle was on that u.t team that got beat by notre dame when earl got knocked out. Just like I met pete when he was at ohio state. Neighbor was big contributor to ohio st.
    A lot of athletes carry policies on themselves. If he has a bad year he was guaranteed 33 million on his contract. I have seen guys working in construction that are broke down at 12 bucks an hr. So to feel sorry for him ...I don't. I just wished I was 3 inches taller so I could of been broke down like that.
    Where are you getting 33 million? If he got hurt tomorrow the Steelers would only owe him $14 million. Why do you think he's sitting out??

How much do you think it would cost for him to buy insurance to cover his $14 million salary this year? Probably half a million. That's a huge expense that is not tax deductible at his income level. Sorry. But, why would he insure for what he's guaranteed to make this year anyway? He wouldn't. He would have to insure on future earnings, that's his main concern, which is a slippery slope to insure or prove and claim. The Steelers are basically saying that he's only worth $14 million, we all know it's much, much more. Why would he pay for insurance 5 years out when his contract won't even secure him past this year? The franchise tag is a fukking joke that basically sandbags the player on all sides. He can't earn his true worth, nor does he have any security past this year. Plus, he can't even insure for his true worth because the Steelers set the market but it's only for 1 year. You don't understand how the tag fukks him? Sure, he'll get $14 million. That sounds like a lot of money for broke ass people BUT that is nowhere where he is worth right now based on his past performance and age. He has to assume ALL the risk towards his future earnings. Get hurt or don't perform well and he is fukked.

So he has to roll the dice and hope that his value goes up while he sits at home. It's a business decision that only he can make for his own life. Many folks would roll over and just take the money upfront because they don't believe in themselves past next week. Why would I get mad over a guy negotiating his own damn money? It could blow up on him, absolutely, BUT I think after the Stoolers face this Browns front 7 this week, they are going to be knocking down his door trying to get him to sign a long term deal after this weekend. (They can't sign him to a long term deal this year but they can promise to tag him next year).

In terms of new money, Gurley received $33 million in injury guarantees and $37 million over his first two new contract years. It’s fair to assume Bell’s worth could be $40 million over two seasons. If Bell were to play this year for $14.5 million, he would need to earn at least $25.5 million between 2019 and 2020 to reach the same $40 million in earnings. No other running back earns that much over two years, so anything that drops Bell’s status to “normal player” territory could cost him money.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 09-06-18 at 05:48 PM.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Where are you getting 33 million? If he got hurt tomorrow the Steelers would only owe him $14 million. Why do you think he's sitting out??

How much do you think it would cost for him to buy insurance to cover his $14 million salary this year? Probably half a million. That's a huge expense that is not tax deductible at his income level. Sorry. But, why would he insure for what he's guaranteed to make this year anyway? He wouldn't. He would have to insure on future earnings, that's his main concern, which is a slippery slope to insure or prove and claim. The Steelers are basically saying that he's only worth $14 million, we all know it's much, much more. Why would he pay for insurance 5 years out when his contract won't even secure him past this year? The franchise tag is a fukking joke that basically sandbags the player on all sides. He can't earn his true worth, nor does he have any security past this year. Plus, he can't even insure for his true worth because the Steelers set the market but it's only for 1 year. You don't understand how the tag fukks him? Sure, he'll get $14 million. That sounds like a lot of money for broke ass people BUT that is nowhere where he is worth right now based on his past performance and age. He has to assume ALL the risk towards his future earnings. Get hurt or don't perform well and he is fukked.

So he has to roll the dice and hope that his value goes up while he sits at home. It's a business decision that only he can make for his own life. Many folks would roll over and just take the money upfront because they don't believe in themselves past next week. Why would I get mad over a guy negotiating his own damn money? It could blow up on him, absolutely, BUT I think after the Stoolers face this Browns front 7 this week, they are going to be knocking down his door trying to get him to sign a long term deal after this weekend. (They can't sign him to a long term deal this year but they can promise to tag him next year).

In terms of new money, Gurley received $33 million in injury guarantees and $37 million over his first two new contract years. It’s fair to assume Bell’s worth could be $40 million over two seasons. If Bell were to play this year for $14.5 million, he would need to earn at least $25.5 million between 2019 and 2020 to reach the same $40 million in earnings. No other running back earns that much over two years, so anything that drops Bell’s status to “normal player” territory could cost him money.
    I don't care about him but I don't really understand why the Steelers would not offer him a high pay and some guaranteed contract for 3 yrs
    He is young and the best back in the league
    I understand why they wouldn't do 5 yrs but 3 seems pretty reasonable
    I have no idea if that has ever been offered but it would seem to make sense for all involved

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2416

I don't think the squeelers have much to worry about in terms of owners not being fair, smart, and professional

one RB isn't going to change their tradition

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I don't care about him but I don't really understand why the Steelers would not offer him a high pay and some guaranteed contract for 3 yrsHe is young and the best back in the leagueI understand why they wouldn't do 5 yrs but 3 seems pretty reasonableI have no idea if that has ever been offered but it would seem to make sense for all involved
    The Steelers low balled him, instead of paying him what he is worth. A long term deal had to be worked up in July 15th. It didn't happen because they tried to fukk him. They offered him $15 million, when Gurley got $18.5M plus injury guarantees. Bell should be making $20M/yr the next 2 years, they were looking to save $10m by franchising him. They also only wanted to pay him year to year with no concern for his long term health. The yolk is now on them as he can just walk.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

The Steelers low balled him, instead of paying him what he is worth. A long term deal had to be worked up in July 15th. It didn't happen because they tried to fukk him. They offered him $15 million, when Gurley got $18.5M plus injury guarantees. Bell should be making $20M/yr the next 2 years, they were looking to save $10m by franchising him. They also only wanted to pay him year to year with no concern for his long term health. The yolk is now on them as he can just walk.
    If I were the Steelers I would have offered him 56 million for 3 yrs and negotiated the guarantee to Gurley's amount
    He would be the highest paid back in the league, have a guarantee and they could contend for the Superbowl with him for Ben's last 3 yrs

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I don't think the squeelers have much to worry about in terms of owners not being fair, smart, and professional
    one RB isn't going to change their tradition
    Who cares if they are fair or not. Each player agrees to their own contract. It's a dick move to criticize another player for what he agrees or does not agree to.

Most of you probably don't even know/remember when Franco Harris held out and Art waived him after 4 SB's and countless Pro Bowls. The same Stooler fans cursing Bell were bashing Harris back in the day. Dumb ass fans always side with the team/owners because they don't give a shit about the player and only have their self interest, selfish fukks. Isn't ironic that 35 years later we get the same shit from ownership. Here's Art years ago. Sound familiar?

'Football is a team game,' Rooney said in the statement. 'Franco has been a great player and always put the team before himself. By not reporting to camp, he placed us in a position where we had no alternatives left. It would not be fair to the team, the players and coaches to let this situation continue.

'I am not happy with it,' Rooney concluded, 'but I have to think of the coming football season and this team.'

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    If I were the Steelers I would have offered him 56 million for 3 yrs and negotiated the guarantee to Gurley's amount
    He would be the highest paid back in the league, have a guarantee and they could contend for the Superbowl with him for Ben's last 3 yrs
    That's what I would have done as well but it's not my money. This is most likely Ben's last year. I really don't see him playing past this season. I mentioned months ago that a friend of a friend plays golf with Ben and said that he is really fukked up. He can't remember if they played the back 9, what hole their on, etc. etc. He said that some days are good and some days are bad with Ben. It all adds up. He plays like this. Good Ben or Bad Ben. You really don't know what you're going to get. Why would I screw up a very narrow window of opportunity by not signing one of my best weapons? What if Conner misses a block and Ben gets concussed? A lot of second guessing this year for that team.

and now hearing the OLine bitch and moan. If I'm Bell, I'm the fukk out of there.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3629

Im cool with that if so,picked up Conner from my waiver wire to plug in for week 1.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Good for him. Why let Pitt just run him into the ground this season knowing he's not gonna be back next season. Guy led the league in touches last year by far.

If Pitt wanted him, they'd sign him for Gurley money. They don't. Why should he risk his future for a team that doesn't want him after this year.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave pattymayo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Good for him. Why let Pitt just run him into the ground this season knowing he's not gonna be back next season. Guy led the league in touches last year by far.

If Pitt wanted him, they'd sign him for Gurley money. They don't. Why should he risk his future for a team that doesn't want him after this year.
    Patty gets it. Fantasy fans want to start him this weekend, so they want him to commit to the Stoolers, while they clearly will not commit to him. How many people are going to sign a prenup each year with their spouse? You might do it once BUT every year? Fukk that.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 530

Le’Veon Bell’s teammates have had his back through one arrest, two suspensions and two off-season holdouts. They’ve had his back through his showing up late to a playoff walkthrough, his threatening retirement and his strip club video.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Le’Veon Bell’s teammates have had his back through one arrest, two suspensions and two off-season holdouts. They’ve had his back through his showing up late to a playoff walkthrough, his threatening retirement and his strip club video.
    The same teammates that had LeGarrette Blount's back when he got arrested with Bell for MJ? The same team that cut Blount after not giving him any playing time that same year? The same bitch ass Pouncey who said... "If you don't want to be here, don't be here,"

Yep, the Stoolers organization and the teammates really have their players backs. It's all very clear now.

chico2663

they offered him a 70 million dollar contract with 33 million being guaranteed

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-the-steelers/

chico2663

They can only tag 2 years and then he is ufa. They tagged him last year and also this year. He is from columbus so i followed him in high school on max preps.He was great jr year but was hurt most senior. Miami u was trying to get him as was b.g.

chico2663

yes i was talking future earnings and yes they can write it off. Carson Palmer had one.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Rap's latest tweet on Bell contradicts that article.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheetFollowFollow
    @RapSheet

More

As the world waits for #Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell, there is no indication when he'll show up. A Saturday arrival would allow him to receive his game check, but there is no clear evidence that he's made plans to do that.

chico2663

Also i was self employed salesman. i could of worked for companies. So i know what believing in myself. Yes it wasn't money like this. Hell i have plenty family members that own businesses. Mom's cousin married guy who just went into n.e. h of fame. He is in u.t hall of fame. He married her when she was in 40's. Now he has made money but not money of some of family.Mom called me and asked me to come to uncles house to meet him. Told her I have met enough guys that were pros to last a lifetime. I grew up with big red machine. Umpired jr and barry when they were kids. Played flag football against rose. Worked reds rally at marges house parking cars for the reds. Sponsored kids playing football at colerain high school. We bought their cleats off rudolph's dad.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Rap's latest tweet on Bell contradicts that article.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheetFollowFollow
    @RapSheet

More

As the world waits for #Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell, there is no indication when he'll show up. A Saturday arrival would allow him to receive his game check, but there is no clear evidence that he's made plans to do that.
    I think that article is based around an earlier tweet by Rapoport.

“From the best I can tell, from the people involved in this, their guess is that Le’Veon Bell will show up on Saturday," Rapoport said on Thursday. "That is what it is looking like. He will be in the building, he will receive his $800,000 plus game check, not play Week 1 and get ready for Week 2."

chico2663

Played softball with fulcher. He invited boomer over to my buddies house. What a dick

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I think that article is based around an earlier tweet by Rapoport.

“From the best I can tell, from the people involved in this, their guess is that Le’Veon Bell will show up on Saturday," Rapoport said on Thursday. "That is what it is looking like. He will be in the building, he will receive his $800,000 plus game check, not play Week 1 and get ready for Week 2."
    well hat means he won't be in shape til week 4 i can live with that.

Mac4Lyfe

They can only tag 2 years and then he is ufa. They tagged him last year and also this year. He is from columbus so i followed him in high school on max preps.He was great jr year but was hurt most senior. Miami u was trying to get him as was b.g.
    Chico - they can tag him EVERY year. There's no limit to how many times they can franchise a player BUT it could get expensive very quick as it's at least 120% increase per year. Sort of compound interest. But teams don't care because they don't assume any future risk by tagging players.

I reiterate again... NO PLAYER WANTS TO BE FRANCHISED. NONE. I wonder why?

chico2663

Chico - they can tag him EVERY year. There's no limit to how many times they can franchise a player BUT it could get expensive very quick as it's at least 120% increase per year. Sort of compound interest. But teams don't care because they don't assume any future risk by tagging players.

I reiterate again... NO PLAYER WANTS TO BE FRANCHISED. NONE. I wonder why?
    Most times it can be done is 3 times. The 3rd year they have to pay 44% instead 20%. That is why no one gets tagged more than twice. A player can only be tagged 3 times in his career.

Mac4Lyfe

Chico, that contract was not attractive. He's basically making that with his franchise tag. He should make at least $40m guaranteed. The $70m number is horseshit. He would never, ever see that. It's comical that they would even mention the $70m when they know they have ZERO intention on paying it.

First 12345 Last