firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy discussion forum ( questions , assistance on roster )

Fantasy football help thread, didn't see one around here so thought I'd make one to ask questions about your roster decisions or roster in general to other fantasy players from SBR ... Knowledge is power and good info / roster help and waiver suggestions can win a championship.. I'll only be asking advice on my teams that are seperate from any sbr league which most people should do if they want a real answer ..

so ill start the discussion with who's everybody think I should start for my 2nd flex this week ? Bell and Charles out so my running back situation is sticky right now .. Already grabbed spencer ware he's my first flex so for 2nd flex I got rashad Jennings vs Cowboys projected 9 points, Ameer Abdullah vs colts projected 8.3 or Isaiah Crowell vs Eagles 8 points... All have good matchups , Abdullah the most talented but coming off injury not sure how many touches he'll get first week...Jennings and Crowell are known 1-2 down runners plus goal line which I need TDS, leaning Jennings since I know he'll get the rock for sure and Cowboys dline sucks ass, any thoughts??

Cheers lets get some discussions going, will always try to put my input on other people's questions to , more info the better

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

In my opinion if a player isn't a top 5 stud like gurley, ODB, gronk, etc. then it's all about the matchups.

Out of that list I like ameer Abdullah simply bc indy has one of the worst run defenses in the league. They've got no beef up front on the line and a clubber in dqwell Jackson at the Mike linebacker. Ameer can easily break that goon's ankles once he gets past the makeshift d line. Also clayton geathers is out and he was a big run time support stuffer from the safety that indy would bring into the box to compensate for the crap LBs

I'm starting Christine Michael over ameer this week bc I anticipate Thomas rawls to be eased back. More importantly I think seattle goes up big early on miami and just runs out the clock in the 2nd half with Michael

Also starting melvin Gordon at the flex over cj Anderson. In a controversial move I'm benching AJ green for amari cooper bc of matchups even though it's contrarian play.

I've got a question on my idp specifically d line. Would u start ziggy ansah over Dante fowler? I've got ziggy in there currently but feel that indy will double him and luck will get the ball out of his hands quickly bc that o line sucks. Starting fowler is not much better since rodgers doesn't get sacked often or easily
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 09-06-16 at 10:44 AM.

firekillex

agree abdullah has the biggest playmaking ability , he can break out for 50 yards in a blink of an eye, it a dynasty league as well so im happy i scooped him up fairly late hoping he gets a bigger role with bell out....

regarding your team, melvin gordon is facing KC the top 3 rated rushing defense of last year , if not mistaken they didnt let a 100 yard rushing game for like 10 straight games... CJ facing panthers but id still rather play him imo even though im a chargers fan and hope gordon goes off , it may be tough week 1 against KC.

For the IDP , ive done this the past 2 years so im familiar with it, for me id definitely go with Ansah, DL gets the least points out of all the idps ( LB, DB, DL ) usually the best ones are only projected 4-5 points i got robert quinn and wilkerson.... ansah is a top 10 fantasy DL idp plus hes a proven player... Fowler could be a beast but hes coming off a significant injury plus we havent even seen what he can do yet and jags have a ton of pieces on defense now it could be tough to gauge who will be doing what for them other the PP get a shit load of tackles like always. GL in the week glad somebody wants to talk fantasy lets get this discussion going all year could help a ton

shadymcgrady

Nice to see ur in IDPS leagues firekillex. Ever since the transition for me ab10 years ago. any league that doesn't use IDPS of some sort is like a bike with training wheels to me, it's a joke of a league.

Yeah all my decisions are for different leagues respectively and all have keeper rules of some sort. Alot of people don't know what keepers or even dynasty leagues are mostly the same chumps that play $30 office leagues with team defenses.

I know kc was a top 3 run defense last yr but this is a new yr and the 3-4 has alrdy got health issues up front. It's not a great matchup but I think there's a better chance melvin Gordon can break one for a decent day rather than cj Anderson against kuechly and that run d on thursday.

I think detroit wants to feature Abdullah oblongata as a primary runner on 1st and 2nd downs this year. His fumbling problems will be the limiting factor assuming health. I took him as my 2nd rb with a zero rb strategy while keeping 2 wrs. Hah my disdain for rbs early in drafts have been voiced since 05.

Yeah best of luck this yr, fantasy is a different element to football even with regular game betting. There's no substitute.

shadymcgrady

DL is thin after the top guys like watt, Quinn or Khalil mack this yr and almost all kept our protected in all my leagues so getting the right play is critical if a guy gets a sack or more that day.

So when u have to start 2 to 4 DL the right selection based upon matchups is the difference between an assisted tackle versus a sack or 2 and multiple solo tackles.

shadymcgrady

Robert turbin now expected to start the season as the first team rb against Miami this week. He's gotta be a solid rb 2 for this week at the very least if not rb 1 tier.

Side note. Robert turbin is the backup for gore who is pushing like 40. I don't know if I will matter bc I don't see indy as a very good team anyhow this yr

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    DL is thin after the top guys like watt, Quinn or Khalil mack this yr and almost all kept our protected in all my leagues so getting the right play is critical if a guy gets a sack or more that day.

So when u have to start 2 to 4 DL the right selection based upon matchups is the difference between an assisted tackle versus a sack or 2 and multiple solo tackles.
    agree i really like the IDP settings, really seperates the owners that know about football and those who just look at rankings/articles without watching the games... Gotta throw my boy Aaron Donald for those elite DLs to i luckily got him in my dynasty league, dudes an athletic freak could easily be the best defensive linemen this year hes on watts heels imo.. But ya my one league we just do 2 idps each position once you get up to 3+ you really gotta be selective and stream sometimes due to matchups but defense is much harder to gauge then offensive stats ... Also depends on the scoring settings if its default or custom , but week 1 i like to go with more safe roster choices so i would go with Ansah since hes a proven guy, id hold fowler for a few weeks though he could really turn out well for you , if he doesnt produce can just cut him for a stream dline unless its dynasty id hold him all year most likely

firekillex

also for my one league i have cj anderson as my rb2 .... but against the panthers it could be tough so i put latavius murray in the 2nd rb slot, cj anderson in the flex i also got golden tate and spencer ware on my bench i want to put one in for cj on the flex position but i could see him getting a quick td in the game so im going back in forth haha i could see all 3 of these guys scoring 10+ this sunday if they do well the highest floor is most likely cj anderson since we know hell be getting a lot of touches , especially with a rookie qb but ware could go for 15 against the chargers suspect run D and golden tate is now number 1 WR on the lions who pass a shit load against the colts who have an extremely suspect secondary .... what ya think ?

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Woodhead or Duke Johnson for Week 1, RB2 PPR? I have Johnson in there now. I think hard to predict who will get more touches.

shadymcgrady

I think u have to start ware and latavius bc they both will be getting a ton of touches against bad defenses. Cj Anderson could get 85 yards on 20 carries and that would be an incredible performance against that panther d yet not a stellar fantasy output. Indy will be missing their top cb and safety so tate has a better situation than cj to have a big game imo.

Yeah Aaron Donald is a beast but he's an interior dl or NT. I target de for dl bc they more likely to get the sacks but Donald is that good where he's up there with the best DEs in fantasy

shadymcgrady

Woodhead traditionally a ppr dynamo but there rumblings that melvin could eat into his production this yr.

Duke johnson also a back great for ppr but rg3 us known for NOT checking down historically.

Tough call but for safer purposes Woodhead probably will get more guaranteed points at least for week 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if the new rg3 does indeed check down. Up to ur preference. The gambler would probably go with duke
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 09-06-16 at 04:48 PM.

WWCD

Christine Michael vs. Theo Riddick. PPR.

Probably rolling with Woodhead in the other league until I see what Hue does with Duke Johnson. My receivers, TE, and QB are very strong so just need 6 points or so from the RB positions.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Robert turbin now expected to start the season as the first team rb against Miami this week. He's gotta be a solid rb 2 for this week at the very least if not rb 1 tier.

Side note. Robert turbin is the backup for gore who is pushing like 40. I don't know if I will matter bc I don't see indy as a very good team anyhow this yr
    What the hell are you on about?

shadymcgrady

U gotta start Christine after the tea leaves on rawls being eased in. Christine Michael will get enough touches to warrant an RB2 at the least

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What the hell are you on about?
    Stupid autocorrect. Robert turbin is the primary backup to frank gore who is due to get injured at some point. Probably won't matter bc indy sucks and will be throwing a ton this yr

WWCD

I am gonna roll with Michael, but just have a feeling that Riddick gets a ton of targets in what will likely be a shootout.

What do you think about Newton vs Manning?

Hard to sit Cam, but in a NYG/DAL game you already know about 50 points will be put up. Cam might go off in Denver, but Manning much safer bet this week? Manning has done so well for me as a QB2. No one ever seems to target this dude and he put up big numbers every season.

shadymcgrady

I'd go eli for sure, rashad jennings also has good value this week as Dallas run defense after Sean Lee is garbage. Eli has so many weapons this year he was reached on in like round 7 and actually protected as a keeper so I've got no shares of eli but I'd play him over cam this week

julian.sanchez
    julian.sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hey guys so this is my first year doing fantasy and i was wondering if you guys could give me some tips for the year and some roster assistance for this week. Im in a PPR league so keep that in mind.
    QB: Kirk Cousins
    RBs: David Johnson & Zeke Elliot
    WRs: Randall Cobb & J Maclin
    TE: Travis Kelce
    Flexes: J Landry & G Barnidge
    Bench: Kelvin Benjamin, Philip Rivers, Duke Johnson, Torrey Smith, Devontae Booker, Darren Sproles, Philip Dorsett

WWCD

Quote Originally Posted by julian.sanchez View Post
    Hey guys so this is my first year doing fantasy and i was wondering if you guys could give me some tips for the year and some roster assistance for this week. Im in a PPR league so keep that in mind.
    Bench: Kelvin Benjamin, Philip Rivers, Duke Johnson, Torrey Smith, Devontae Booker, Darren Sproles, Philip Dorsett
    Is this a 12 team league? How did you manage to land Johnson and Elliot?

julian.sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    yes it is a 12 team league with just my friends , i had back to back picks so thats how i got them

WWCD

What a crappy league if at pick 12 both of them were available. Team looks good. Maybe try to pull off a trade for an WR1.

julian.sanchez

yea well they arent the greatest players but its a 1,200 pot , trying to win bad lol

julian.sanchez

who do you think i should propose a trade for , who in my roster do you think i can trade away ?

WWCD

who do you think i should propose a trade for , who in my roster do you think i can trade away ?
    I would go study the other rosters and see who has a need you can fill and go from there. I think that your RB team is super solid and the centerpiece of your teams future this season. Looking at your roster again, I wonder if you can get better at QB?

julian.sanchez

I would go study the other rosters and see who has a need you can fill and go from there. I think that your RB team is super solid and the centerpiece of your teams future this season. Looking at your roster again, I wonder if you can get better at QB?
    Well i think Kirk Cousins and Philip Rivers are pretty solid QBs, i will look into trades for a better receiving core.

WWCD

Well, I guess to me the QB is your weakest link and I try to improve whatever is weakest on my team. I think Cousins will be up and down, Rivers will be about junk time or playing catch up IMO, but yes historically he has put up points in FFL pretty consistently. I personally like dynamic QB's from a winning team. I like players on winning teams. Winning teams put up points.

firekillex

looks like a solid team to me, that rb tandom could be lethal if it works out.... how many people in this league??
    pretty good bench as well , not sure how barnidge will do with rg3 so you may wanna switch him out but not sure who youd put in for him kelvin benjamin normally but hes a on snap count cap tonight supposedly, maybe even duke johnson if its PPR??

glad this discussion is going well, been sick past 2 days so havent really been on but will normally always answer questions if anybody ever needs help, looks like shadymcgrady knows what hes talking about as well so this should be a solid forum for some good info
    lets get that fantasy ring

julian.sanchez

Well, I guess to me the QB is your weakest link and I try to improve whatever is weakest on my team. I think Cousins will be up and down, Rivers will be about junk time or playing catch up IMO, but yes historically he has put up points in FFL pretty consistently. I personally like dynamic QB's from a winning team. I like players on winning teams. Winning teams put up points.
    Ok i will definitely try and aquire a more solid , winning QB

julian.sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    looks like a solid team to me, that rb tandom could be lethal if it works out.... how many people in this league??
    pretty good bench as well , not sure how barnidge will do with rg3 so you may wanna switch him out but not sure who youd put in for him kelvin benjamin normally but hes a on snap count cap tonight supposedly, maybe even duke johnson if its PPR??

glad this discussion is going well, been sick past 2 days so havent really been on but will normally always answer questions if anybody ever needs help, looks like shadymcgrady knows what hes talking about as well so this should be a solid forum for some good info
    lets get that fantasy ring
    Its a 12 person PPR league with my friends, have been caught up with my flexes and such, in a twist on who to play.

WWCD

Landry or Benjamin, but both have tough matchups this week.

julian.sanchez

Landry or Benjamin, but both have tough matchups this week.
    Ok thanks.

shadymcgrady

Week 1 is always a bit bizarro with a few teams. I feel like if this was week 4 or 5 Jarvis Landry would leave the game on a stretcher. He's going to be catching passes at the line of scrimmage in front of the Legion of boom and not behind. If he tries to make the cb look bad or fight for extra yards earl Thomas and Kam chancellor are gonna tee off on him.

Seeing mixed reports on Thomas rawls playing either 5 snaps or 10. In any event it rly doesn't matter to me bc they want ease him back in above all else which means lions hare carries for Christine. Secondly if the game gets out of hand as vegas lines indicate it very well could since it's being played in Seattle with the 12th man then the Hawks r gonna run Christine to kill the clock giving him 20 touches easy.

Also combing over my dfs lineups and I'm thinking diversity like stocks but it's hard not to have Christine in all my lineups at his low price in addition to a few of my fantasy league lineups

shadymcgrady

Ah geezuz a huge blow for either Christine Michael or Thomas rawls backers. Germain efedi is out for up to a month. He was killing it in otas and preseason as a great looking rookie rg. Russell wilson gets a slight bump in usage as he's gonna be asked to do more and seattle will run a little less

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

yes it is a 12 team league with just my friends , i had back to back picks so thats how i got them
    yea well they arent the greatest players but its a 1,200 pot , trying to win bad lol
    Well, I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy who calls bullshit on someone else's draft day windfall...

12 team league with a $1200 payout and you're able to steal Zeke and DJ at the turn? This is either pure fantasy (yes, pun intended) or this is some kind of special needs league... you know, those leagues for retards with money to burn.

shadymcgrady

It's just $100 a person but it's weird that it seems like it's winner take all which is rarely the payout. Could be a 6 point passing td league in addition to the ppr which would explain the rbs falling.

In any event I don't care to hear people who tell others their entire roster. It's like those people who spam Facebook with stuff ab themselves. Dont need to hear ab ur draft, wanna hear someone tell u ur da man? Go to facebook or group therapy. Got a question ab a matchup between 2 or 3 players? Great. Don't care to hear ab ur entire squad bc bottom line it ain't my squad.

I may be well versed in fantasy football but I definitely lack the patience to educate noobs. Some of the other experienced fantasy posters like killex or wwcd may be good elementary school teachers but not me sry. For basic questions try the thread with the league created by LT Profits. That's a pretty simple and unsophisticated league.
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 09-08-16 at 06:42 PM.

1234 Last