Jag8917
    Jag8917's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take Eli Manning and a Super Bowl win over Phillip Rivers, Shawne Merriroid, and Nate Kaeding any day.

moneymaker09
    moneymaker09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

hes better than eli no doubt but no comparison to peyton
    hes no brady either but hes gettin up there

girth brooks
    girth brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I give a lot of props to Rivers I think he is MVP capable, but this discussion ends with Super Bowl rings. Brady's hand will be full with rings before Phil gets his first one. I'm not dissing the Bolts but the Patriots are coming and there is nothing Phil can do to stop that so be ready for what's coming. Good day.

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    you're a joke. Eli has one of the best running games in the nfl and just as much talent at receiver and much more talent when he won the SB with Plaxico. Not to mention, a great defense. His offense scored 16 and 17 in his NFC championship and SB, so Eli's job was obviously NOT to lose the game for the team. Rivers team would never get outscored 234 to 3 in his final two games of the regular season.

Rivers has 4 incredible drives this season. The game-winning drive to beat the Raiders on Monday night football in 2 mins, the one against the Cowboys to seal the game, the game winning TD drive vs the Giants (where they had to score a td not a fg), and the 52 second drive vs the Bungles with 0 timeouts.
    Rivers has the worst runningback in the nfl, the worst coach in the nfl, average receivers, and an average defense. You're a moron, you haven't watched 16 Charger games this year, so once again, u get owned just like every other team will that faces the Chargers in the postseason

Thanks for trying though little fella
    Check your facts before trolling.
    Eli has young inconsistent receivers and a running game that was terrible this year.
    Put Rivers on the Giants for the last 2 games of the season and he would get outscored 85 to 16 as well but we aren't comparing teams we are comparing QBs Eli's team quit down the stretch this is football after all one man can't carry a team.
    You do realise without Norv Rivers wouldn't put up the numbers he is right? He is the one who made the chargers a pass first offense after all and the so called worst coach is in the running for coach of the year; which again is all thanks to Philip Rivers right?
    Now you're bringing up the 07 Giants? Are you making up stats? The giants scored 23 in NFC championship in a blizzard against a top 10 Defense.
    In the Superbowl against a top 5 Defense he scored the game winning touchdown and beat the team that could have went down as the best team in history.

Get your head at out of you're cave troll i'm not saying Rivers isn't good infact I love the kid and right now he's a top 3 QB but in order to justify and say the chargers got the better deal is crazy Eli has a ring Rivers has nothing. If Rivers does what you think he will and wins the Superbowl I will wholeheartedly agree with you that yes he was the better choice but until that day it's Eli.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Here are some other QBs that are better than Rivers, according to some people in this forum:

Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, etc...

Anyone who thinks Eli is more than a second-rate QB only because he was on a Super Bowl team is sniffing something funny.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marino,Kelly,Fouts don't have rings. At least ones that say "champions". But they were ok I guess!

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

After Peyton wins another SB I think he will be considered greatest QB of the era, sorry Brady! It's not all about how many rings. It's about what you do with what you have to do with. Brady would have to have a team with considereable talent around him to make it work. You could put Peyton in DC & he'd have them sorry bastards in the playoffs next season!

slacker00

You could put Peyton in DC & he'd have them sorry bastards in the playoffs next season!
    Yep. I bet he could put the Rams in the playoffs next year as well. I'm not sure which team he couldn't turn around.

As for Peyton versus Brady, that's like comparing Elway to Montana. Both were great, why argue?

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Ufc is your typical sports idiot!
    Rivers has never even been to a super bowl! What has he won? Nothing! He's not even a pimple on brady, peyton, favre's ass!
    Your chargers will lose again this year get over it and rivers will go another year losing in the playoffs!

slacker00

Rivers has never even been to a super bowl!
    He's early in his career. Give him time.

What about Dan Fouts or Warren Moon? They are in the NFL Hall of Fame, but never went to a Super Bowl.

girth brooks
    girth brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is called this qb is better than your favorite qb, my team is the Patriots. I'm not calling Brady the greatest ever I'm saying between Rivers and Brady it's a no brainer. It takes a team to win rings I understand that.

kahnner

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    he's early in his career. Give him time.

What about dan fouts or warren moon? They are in the nfl hall of fame, but never went to a super bowl.
    never said he wasnt a good qb! But to say he is brady,peyton or favre is stupid!
    And he will never win a super bowl!!!!!!!

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    Check your facts before trolling.
    Eli has young inconsistent receivers and a running game that was terrible this year.
    Put Rivers on the Giants for the last 2 games of the season and he would get outscored 85 to 16 as well but we aren't comparing teams we are comparing QBs Eli's team quit down the stretch this is football after all one man can't carry a team.
    You do realise without Norv Rivers wouldn't put up the numbers he is right? He is the one who made the chargers a pass first offense after all and the so called worst coach is in the running for coach of the year; which again is all thanks to Philip Rivers right?
    Now you're bringing up the 07 Giants? Are you making up stats? The giants scored 23 in NFC championship in a blizzard against a top 10 Defense.
    In the Superbowl against a top 5 Defense he scored the game winning touchdown and beat the team that could have went down as the best team in history.

Get your head at out of you're cave troll i'm not saying Rivers isn't good infact I love the kid and right now he's a top 3 QB but in order to justify and say the chargers got the better deal is crazy Eli has a ring Rivers has nothing. If Rivers does what you think he will and wins the Superbowl I will wholeheartedly agree with you that yes he was the better choice but until that day it's Eli.
    You do realize that you're the only one on the planet who thinks Eli's better than Rivers...

Do you also think Trent Dilfer> Dan Marino?

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take Rivers over Eli any day. (Remember Merriman & Kaeding were included in that deal)

Rivers with no SB, Eli with one for now, I thought the whole reason behind football was to win the SB, where are you coming from

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    never said he wasnt a good qb! But to say he is brady,peyton or favre is stupid!
    And he will never win a super bowl!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I'm the one making the case that Peyton is better if you read the MVP thread.

But I do think Rivers deserves to be in the conversation with these guys this year. Rivers does have a history of playoff experience and wins as well as being at the top of the league in the various QB categories for several years now. He's not some one year wonder anymore.

Slate

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    only a moron like urself would actually believe what u just said

Who is the moron, Rivers has wont shit yet, obviously you settle for second best

kahnner

yeah, i'm the one making the case that peyton is better if you read the mvp thread.

But i do think rivers deserves to be in the conversation with these guys this year. Rivers does have a history of playoff experience and wins as well as being at the top of the league in the various qb categories for several years now. He's not some one year wonder anymore.
    i will agree that he's one of the top 5 qb's in the nfl right now!
    Like i also said though to be "great" you have to win a super bowl or at least play in a couple! He's had good teams and they always choke and i don't see this year being any different!

Slate

You can pass for 5000 yards in a season, throw 50 tds, 0 interceptions, be the best statistical qb ever, means SHIT if you dont win a SB, being a winner is different then being a great QB

Until Rivers wins one he cant even be mentioned with Qbs who have

Flacco has more SB rings

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    i will agree that he's one of the top 5 qb's in the nfl right now!
    Like i also said though to be "great" you have to win a super bowl or at least play in a couple! He's had good teams and they always choke and i don't see this year being any different!
    They once said the same thing about Peyton Manning. Better to be ahead of the curve than behind it.

Also, there are at least two QBs in the NFL hall of fame without any Super Bowl experience: Dan Fouts, Warren Moon. Plenty of great QBs have missed out being on the great teams. Plenty of pedestrian QBs have found luck to be at the right place at the right time. Football is a team game more than any other sport. One player, even at QB, can only do so much.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    Rivers with no SB, Eli with one for now, I thought the whole reason behind football was to win the SB, where are you coming from
    I'm looking to who will be the best in the future, not who got lucky in the past.

p.s. Flacco has zero super bowl rings.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well duh, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer> Marino and Jim Kelly

Slate

I'm looking to who will be the best in the future, not who got lucky in the past.

p.s. Flacco has zero super bowl rings.

Just like Rivers

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

manning won the mvp in a LANDSLIDE

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Rivers is not better than manning
    Lol

kahnner

they once said the same thing about peyton manning. Better to be ahead of the curve than behind it.

Also, there are at least two qbs in the nfl hall of fame without any super bowl experience: Dan fouts, warren moon. Plenty of great qbs have missed out being on the great teams. Plenty of pedestrian qbs have found luck to be at the right place at the right time. Football is a team game more than any other sport. One player, even at qb, can only do so much.

yeah your right fouts and moon have no super bowl rings, my point exactly, there both not even in the same breath as manning, brady, favre, montana!
    Of course football is a team sport and one guy cant win a superbowl alone!
    Ufc said rivers was better than manning, favre, and brady that is what is a complete joke no matter how you look at it!

First 12